Page 148 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    did they interact much on a personal level during the all female squad?
    If I remember correctly: not really. I really don't think Jubilee was that big of a focus on that team. I remember it being primarily Storm, Psylocke and Rogue arc 1, then Rogue left and Monet and Rachel came in. Jubilee was busy with Shogo.

I could be remembering it incorrectly though.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

How Blondie supposed to know that? Some people look really young for their age and Jubilee tends to. As Digiend states, she is the youngest there
    Excellent point, especially given the fact that a) Jubes would look physically younger than her chronological age due to the whole vampire thing, and b) SnarkWhip doesn’t know her from Eve. I was really looking at that from the standpoint of the writer, not the character though.

And I certainly didn’t hate the issue. There were definitely good points. For instance, I’m loving the new short jacket look. (Pinna’s look, but I’m glad Silas picked it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    And also, “the KID”?? Seriously? She’s like 20 and has a son.

I think Marvel may have topped out her age at 18. Which is a little awkward considering that's the same age as some of the students she mentors and she legally adopted a child (would any legal system let a teenager adopt a baby?) My guess regarding Shogo is that whatever social services they were dealing with already knew about Shogo's father and found out about Arkea, so they just went "Vampire X-girl wants this trouble magnet baby? Fine, she can have him! We'll fudge the paperwork!"

Who does Jubilee use as a babysitter when she's on trips like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    Who does Jubilee use as a babysitter when she's on trips like this?
    Paige or Jono

Paige or Jono
    or even Dani

Anyone from Generation X, except for Quentin, is a viable answer there. I reckon it'd be Chamber though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And also, “the KID”?? Seriously? She’s like 20 and has a son.

Depending on the age of this "Snake Whip", Jubilee is, by comparison, most definitely a kid.

People of a certain age bracket are often prone to addressing those younger than themselves as "kids" regardless of how "adult" they actually are, in age.
    The team I work with ranges in age from 20-65, the majority of the seasoned members often refer to the younger members as "kids" or "babies". Its all very Kitty Pryde vs New Mutants, Claremont edition, you know?
    Also, Jubes proooooobably has a baby face that will haunt her for the rest of her life, on top of being the "short one" in the mix, you know?

And speaking of appearing YOUNGER -- at what approximate age was she when she was Vamp'ed? Would that play a factor? If she was still relatively young, then her body's maturation would have been frozen for that period yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone from Generation X, except for Quentin, is a viable answer there. I reckon it'd be Chamber though.
    Jono is her go-to guy for lots of stuff nowadays, babysitting among them.

And speaking of appearing YOUNGER -- at what approximate age was she when she was Vamp'ed? Would that play a factor? If she was still relatively young, then her body's maturation would have been frozen for that period yes?
    To answer all three of your questions: seventeen, yes, and yes.

Interesting article about “character regression” in comic book writing that uses Jubilee as one of two case studies. (Apparently there’s “good regression” and “bad regression”, and Jubes is an example of the good kind.)

When Characters You Love Are Regressed

Astonishing Member

Interesting article about “character regression” in comic book writing that uses Jubilee as one of two case studies. (Apparently there’s “good regression” and “bad regression”, and Jubes is an example of the good kind.)

When Characters You Love Are Regressed
    Thank you for sharing this post from someone who so obviously started reading comics in the '90s (not a bad thing. It's just . . . Jubilee and Kyle Rayner. Definitely a '90s kid).

Basically, what he seems to be saying is that they rolled back some of her physical attributes, but not her character development. Thus, it seemed less like a regression and more like an end to a specific phase of her story. Whereas with the other character, he seemed to get worse as he regressed.

I can see where he's coming from. It's arguable that physical attributes like powers don't really matter all that much. However, it's debatable because, if they weren't important then why do they have them at all? But yeah, even though she's back to being a living, breathing mutant, she's still teaching at the school (I think) and she's still Shogo's mom. She's definitely got more of an adult feeling to her than she did. Though, it's weird because it feels like a lot of this development happened off-panel. At least the big moments did.

All-New Member

Sadly for continuity geeks, there's no definite answer to that question. Jubilee's age has been as inconsistent as Kitty's, basically she's been as old as the current writer wanted her to be. To make sense of it all you'll have to use the mighty head-cannon.

Here is the info I have and some intuitive work:

She was 15 when first introduced in 1989
    She started with 14 in the animated series in 1992 and it seemed to me they matched it in the comics.
    (She later aged to 15 during the course of the tv show and presumably to 16 by the end as she was driving a jeep)
    In the promotional concept art of Generation X (as well as a in the letter column) she was stated to be 13 and a half in 1994.
    (Despite this it never seemed to me like she was written or drawn that much younger than her classmates in the actual comic)
    She was 16 before the end of Generation X in, I believe, 2000.
    (Interestingly enough, there seemed to be 2 school years during the run, as well as matching Christmases)
    By the Grant Morrison era starting in 2001 she was living on her own and trying to become an actress.
    Soon after that she joined the failed X-Corps along with her classmates and then the X-Men. (No clear age though)
    During the Reloaded era (2004) she was 17 and back in school in her own limited series.
    After losing he powers in M-day she got to work on a newspaper during the Generation M limited. (2006)
    During the next years (2006-2010), if I remember right, she got a job helping mutants who had lost their powers.
    After turning, she was 17 in the Wolverine and Jubilee limited series in 2011.
    Soon afterwards she became kind of a big sister figure to X-23 who had a (17?) fictional birthday around the time
    Later she joined an X-Men team where she seemed to be drawn as college age, but that's just speculation of intention. (2012)
    During the all female X-Men run (2013-2015) she adopted Shogo. That would mean she was written as being 21 years old.
    And finally during the recent Generation X run she was written as a mentor to college age students.
    My guess is during this run is she's written as 22, but as others have stated, she could be younger, depending on the students.

(so messy, might edit it later...)

As an extra point of reference, there was a school year during each major run in recent years (on top of the apparent 2 during Generation X): Grant Morrison's (2001-2004), Josh Weedon's (2004-2008), Matt Fraction's (2008-2011), Jason Aron's (2011-2015), and then there was the 8 month gap, but I don't really know how that works.

Have fun and many headaches.

RCO019_1481875847.jpg
    Old Man Logan #15.
    Jubilee is right, the old man is a softy

Quote Originally Posted by Robohut View Post
    After turning, she was 17 in the Wolverine and Jubilee limited series in 2011.
    She also had a birthday party after this (also a 2011 issue), with associated Vampire angst of never aging, in X-Men 11. So that'd up her to 18. I suppose technically it could have been a birthday party without being her birthday, but no-one said it wasn't her actual birthday in any of the text so it was probably the right day.
    Last edited by Avantre; 06-04-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Louise Simonson revealed something about Jubilee's origin that I wasnt aware of on the XPlain podcast. Apparently Claremont wanted to use Boom Boom over in Uncanny X-men, but Simonson had her on X-Factor and refused to give her up. She told him "why dont you make your own character" and he did. That explains the early comparison from personality and powerset. In an alternative world Tabitha almost became Wolverine's sidekick instead