Page 80 of 166 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2482

art by Ed Tadeo

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

According to a guy that has legitimately been to the production studios of X-Men: Apocalypse and spoken to the directors, when asked if Jubilee is featured much in the movie...
    His response was:
    She interacts with at least two other Xmen, has a scene of her own, and that isn't even including the mall scene.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    According to a guy that has legitimately been to the production studios of X-Men: Apocalypse and spoken to the directors, when asked if Jubilee is featured much in the movie...
    His response was:
    She interacts with at least two other Xmen, has a scene of her own, and that isn't even including the mall scene.

Well, a 'scene by herself' could be a cut to a five second shot of her looking around the mansion while the others run off to save the day, so I'm not going to place too much hope solely on that.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Well, a 'scene by herself' could be a cut to a five second shot of her looking around the mansion while the others run off to save the day, so I'm not going to place too much hope solely on that.
    Lol true... But with how he responded, it sounds like she obviously has a bigger role than her previous parts in the movies. Even if it was a five second cutaway of her in the mansion... It would be more recognizable than before... Plus her interactions with the xmen AND the mall scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Lol true... But with how he responded, it sounds like she obviously has a bigger role than her previous parts in the movies. Even if it was a five second cutaway of her in the mansion... It would be more recognizable than before... Plus her interactions with the xmen AND the mall scenes.
    I'm more happy to know someone asked about Jubes!!!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, lol:

"X-MEN: WORST X-MAN EVER":
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...-/1100-153973/

The five issue mini will begin digitally in December, with the print edition coming in February 2016.

Considering Jubilee appears in a slightly different outfit I've never seen her in before (maybe a bigger Jubes fan can place where it's from, if it's not in fact new?), I think there's a high chance of her appearing in this. Down side is that it's an alternate universe, like X-Men '92.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, lol:

"X-MEN: WORST X-MAN EVER":
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...-/1100-153973/

The five issue mini will begin digitally in December, with the print edition coming in February 2016.

Considering Jubilee appears in a slightly different outfit I've never seen her in before (maybe a bigger Jubes fan can place where it's from, if it's not in fact new?), I think there's a high chance of her appearing in this. Down side is that it's an alternate universe, like X-Men '92.
    Well we know that people that appear in the cover no necessary appears in the comic... but it will be nice to see her there...

And in my case, no comic in November, they pushing everything to December or later

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jube gets a respectable showing in the "Favorite X-women" thread. Top ten, nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Lana Condor

What has been the most commonly asked question directed at you about Jubilee?

I guess how and why I use my powers, and if I’ll use my powers in the film. I actually had this conversation with Bryan as well. I mean, they’ve tried to bring in Jubilee as a character before in the franchise, but she never really made the cut. It just never really happened. Now they’re like, ‘We finally have the money, the fanbase and all that stuff to bring you in as a character.’ She’s had little cameos, but she has never ever used her powers—nothing. So I definitely get a lot of questions like, ‘Will she use her powers? Will she say something in the movie??’ [Laughs]

Are you going to contribute anything here?

You know?? [Laughs] And I’m super sensitive about questions like that because I don’t exactly know what I’m allowed to say. But yes, she does use her powers. It’s just that I can’t say why or anything because, you know, that’s the movie. I get those questions all the time.

So how prominently are you featured in the movie?

Okay—there are like the 17 of us in the ensemble, right? Six of those are the new, younger mutants, which includes Jubilee. I stick together with Jean, Scott, and Nightcrawler. Almost all of my scenes are with them. They’re such a prominent part of the film because we’re watching them grow up and learn how to develop their powers and use them. I can say that Jubilee is in it throughout the entire film. Hopefully. Unless they cut me. [Laughs] I would also say that if there were to be another film, I would hope that Jubilee would get an even bigger character arc.
    How familiar were you with the X-Men universe going into this?

I told you I went to the midnight screening of X-Men: Days of Future Past, but since I do not lie, I was more into The Avengers. Iron Man was my thing. With X-Men, I wasn’t an avid fan where I had to go see every movie as it came out right away, so I wasn’t all that familiar with it. However, that being said, when I found out I was cast in it and also leading up to it during the auditions, I went complete psycho: I bought like 200 comic books, watched all the cartoons on Netflix and all the movies back-to-back twice. I became a more knowledgeable fan of the franchise once I was cast. But I was obsessed with The Avengers first.

Did it take long to find the right look for Jubilee? If you compare the set photos to the comic books and animated series, it’s pretty spot on.

The costume designer was amazing. When I first started going to the wardrobe fittings, she laid out these full entire lookbooks. They wanted to make Jubilee look exactly like the comics and the cartoons. They wanted it to feel like Jubilee jumped off the page so much. And I thought they were going to cut my hair, but they just cut my bangs and kinda teased it up. The yellow jacket: We tried so many different ones, before finally deciding to make it from scratch. I really wanted to keep it! It was made to fit me perfectly but, I know, it’s Jubilee’s jacket. I can’t wait for everyone to see it.

I can’t even fathom what it must’ve been like for you to step onto set for the first time.

The whole entire time: ‘Is this real? I’m dreaming.’ Me, Sophie [Turner], Tye [Sheridan], and Kodi [Smit-McPhee] were all working the first day. They rented out half a huge mall in Montreal for the shoot, so half of it was the X-Men set and the other half was a regular, functioning mall. I walked in and there were hundreds of extras milling around, and it was transformed into the ’80s. I was like, ‘Oh my god! This is my first day of work?’ I remember being really serious that day, too, and Bryan was like, ‘Yo! Laugh! This is fun!’ I would sit outside my trailer sometimes and Jennifer [Lawrence] would walk by me, as Mystique in her blue, like, ‘What’s up, Lana?’ It’s crazy because she’s in blue, Kodi’s in blue, and Nic’s [Hoult] in blue. Not only are these actors I totally look up to, but it’s also them in their characters, just having lunch with you. It was just crazy.

Could you contextualize that mall scene for me without getting into trouble?

I guess I can say that the whole scene is establishing the four of our relationships. That’s the foundation of who we’re gonna be to each other for the rest of the film.

Gotta admit. These two are beautiful together and their chemistry is truly one of a kind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Gotta admit. These two are beautiful together and their chemistry is truly one of a kind.
    That was a great arc. I don't care much for the animesque style, but I do love the way Takeda drew Jubilee, the fangs just looked adorable.

Man, I hope Jubes shows up in ANW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was a great arc. I don't care much for the animesque style, but I do love the way Takeda drew Jubilee, the fangs just looked adorable.

Man, I hope Jubes shows up in ANW!
    And she got the eyes color correct... something that several artist do wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    And she got the eyes color correct... something that several artist do wrong!!!
    Well, they got red for vampire wrong. Artists haven't been that bad with that. It's brown instead of blue for her original eyecolour that they keep missing.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I like Lana more and more with each instagram post

https://instagram.com/p/9mZpDwOrK_/

lanacondorLadies and Gents: Here we have 1st Edition, Mint Condition, Never Before Opened, Original X-Men comic books of #jubilee's first appearance into the universe & her first time wearing the classic yellow jacket... I'VE HIT THE MOTHERLOAD ��! #jubilationlee #jubilee #XMen