Page 128 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    But Jubilee was not Logan’s sidekick in 75 issues of Generation X and did just fine. As a character she has no less potential for storytelling and development than any other character (and more than many). It just takes the right writers with the right ideas. That’s an issue faced by many characters, not just Jubes.
    Yeah, Armor comes to mind. Another Wolverine sidekick character. Constantly being grouped up with the other kids... until recently. She's currently getting focus in both Cable and Gold. YMMV if it's good or not, but like Jubilee, at least they're trying. They just need to find a good idea that sticks.

While it not my pintrest board I dud find a jubilee board that might have some fan art that is new to some of us.

https://www.pinterest.ie/dalerobbins/jubilee/

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    While it not my pintrest board I dud find a jubilee board that might have some fan art that is new to some of us.

https://www.pinterest.ie/dalerobbins/jubilee/
    That’s an impressive board. Some of the images border on the risqué, but there’s lots of stuff in there that I have never seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I think this is the most risque image on the board. while she is more scantily dressed in other pic's this is the most openly sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

I think this is the most risque image on the board. while she is more scantily dressed in other pic's this is the most openly sexual.
    Well, yes. That’s...one of them.

So in that image Jubilee is clearly drawn as a vampire, which means she is “older Jubes”, yet the artist chose to draw her in the outfit she wore at about 13. I honestly don’t know who’s more confused - me or the artist.

I suspect it may be both, but in very different ways.

Jubilee being a vampire still boggles my mind, it had to be the single most weirdest thing I discovered when I got back into comics in 2012.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Well, yes. That’s...one of them.

So in that image Jubilee is clearly drawn as a vampire, which means she is “older Jubes”, yet the artist chose to draw her in the outfit she wore at about 13. I honestly don’t know who’s more confused - me or the artist.

I suspect it may be both, but in very different ways.
    I would not say confused, many cultures have a sexualized set of clothing once unspectacular if not ubiquitous, that in modern times have been...I don't know the proper name for it?

the Japanese have the 'Loose' Kimono, the Chinese have the 'sexy' qipao, in India its the 'wet' Sari, or just a well tailored clingy sari, in the Arabic world and the Baltic region its the dancer outfit (the belly dancer outfit).

I would say the closest thing in america would be the Cheerleader outfit, but the "Cheerleader" is recent and and the modern incarnation of the outfit more recent. same with the Prep-school uniform, also recent and not ubiquitous.

If Jubilee was drawn by a non-western artist she probably would have been drawn wearing one of those. As Jubilee has never had a "sexually alluring" uniform akin to the Phoenix costume, Savage Land Rogue/ Bomber Jacket Rogue, or leotard Storm (Notice fan art rarely has Storm in the Jim Lee era uniform with "power" shoulder pads).

I suppose this is a subject for another thread, though sexuality in culture and art is a subject that is truly fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Jubilee being a vampire still boggles my mind, it had to be the single most weirdest thing I discovered when I got back into comics in 2012.
    Just think of of it akin to Aquaman's 90's metal phase, comics are generally weird(To steal from Movie Bob) .

BANNED

Im so happy that spoilers:
    Jubilee's back
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-17-2018 at 07:30 AM.

It's a fantastic day for Jubilee fans!!!

spoilers:
    SHE'S BACK!! After 13 years of painful waiting JUBES IS REPOWERED!!!
    end of spoilers

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

GEN X MADE MY DAY. Though i did see it coming based on solits(i was hopefull mainly) the way it happened though was cool.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Now that Jubilee's back, Marvel should give her an ongoing solo and promote it well especially in China.

BANNED

Congratulations Jubilee fans! So happy for you guys.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I did a big update to Jubilee's profile on comicvine- including her powers, short bio, in-depth about Generation X, and how she has her mutant powers back.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/jubilee/4005-4562/

This has to be so amazing for y'all.

Like, for me, this must be like the time when Illyana manipulated everyone into letting her release and destroy the elder gods and get her bloodstones back.

Congrats y'all!! Can't wait to see her snap, crackle, and pop some people to filth!