Page 133 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and where exactly is Karma? Her siblings have always been baggage that has held her down
    She was last Active in Messiah War, where she lost her Leg. I Cant remember is she was in the last rendition of new mutants, in with Blink and X-man. According to wiki she was in Astonishing X-men. Not bad.

Comicvine seems to have more detail on Karma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5ACBivlcg
    Last edited by Likewater; 01-20-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    She was last Active in Messiah War, where she lost her Leg. I Cant remember is she was in the last rendition of new mutants, in with Blink and X-man. According to wiki she was in Astonishing X-men. Not bad.

Comicvine seems to have more detail on Karma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5ACBivlcg
    That was a rhetorical question. My point is she isnt doing anything. She was always the NM that was used the least

To be honest that was my major concern when Shogo was first introduced - the possible “ball & chain” effect it might have on her character. It hasn’t seemed to happen yet though, and I think it’s due to Jubilee’s early decision to bring Shogo to the X-men for support. She took an “it takes a village” approach instead of the more classic “I must do this alone” approach, and it’s the latter that tends to weigh a character down more often than not. That decision is classic Jubes. For all her bravado she knows her limitations and isn’t afraid to ask for help when she needs it. Nothing says adult more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Jubilee isn’t likely to ever give her son up for adoption..
    Why not? It would show a great deal of maturity. Putting his needs above her own. Like that episode of Boy Meets World where Eric passes on adopting the orphan kid he’s grown attached to because he knows it wouldn’t be best for him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Maybe that’s a direction Marvel will choose to take in the future for Shogo, who knows? But the whole situation with him is a complicated one. I’ve often wondered what Brian Wood was thinking when he introduced him and that development. (Just be thankful Marvel editorial vetoed his original idea to make Shogo her biological child.)

As for the decision to bring him to the X-men, it certainly had its pros and cons. One the one hand it gives Shogo exactly what Jubilee intended - the widest and best support system possible with all the resources he needs. On the other hand, to say it’s not the safest of environments is an understatement. Perhaps in the end that will be a deciding factor for Jubes, but she’s always been a character that tends to lead with her heart.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 01-20-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why not? It would show a great deal of maturity. Putting his needs above her own. Like that episode of Boy Meets World where Eric passes on adopting the orphan kid he’s grown attached to because he knows it wouldn’t be best for him.
    Or maybe she would quit the X-Men to just take care of Shogo. In fact, that might be the more plausible choice. If the choice is between her being an X-Man or her taking care of her son, which one do you think would be able to do okay without her? The X-Men don't exactly seem to fall apart when she's not there, but she's Shogo's primary caregiver. And I know no one likes this answer because they want her to be in the comics and kicking butt, but it does make a certain amount of logical sense.

Look, I don't know. The idea that being a hero is something that has to remain separate than building a life always seemed like a bit of manufactured drama that the superhero world would find its way around by now. I mean, we are at the point that love and romance can be a part of that great, big, operatic, dangerous world of theirs, so why can't parenthood?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Or maybe she would quit the X-Men to just take care of Shogo. In fact, that might be the more plausible choice. If the choice is between her being an X-Man or her taking care of her son, which one do you think would be able to do okay without her? The X-Men don't exactly seem to fall apart when she's not there, but she's Shogo's primary caregiver. And I know no one likes this answer because they want her to be in the comics and kicking butt, but it does make a certain amount of logical sense.

Look, I don't know. The idea that being a hero is something that has to remain separate than building a life always seemed like a bit of manufactured drama that the superhero world would find its way around by now. I mean, we are at the point that love and romance can be a part of that great, big, operatic, dangerous world of theirs, so why can't parenthood?
    Look at the Teen Titans,

Donna Troy (Wonder Girl), Garth of Atlantis (Tempest/Aquaboy I), and Roy Harper (Speedy/Arsenal) all had children, and while they were all killed off, these children were the results of romance and character journies through adult hood. Jubilee never got this, its part of the failure of the X-office when it comes to character development. So in a way Shogo comes off as a little artificial, he is neither the result of a ship/pairing no is he linked to any character Jubilee had or has history with.

So yeah, he is a bit like a burr in the shoe, again that is the fault of the X-office and the writers. Jubilee could have been repowerd in Age of X, and paired with someone long or short term, and hell at least shogo would a real connection with fans as he is a result of a journey. Not a Surprise-Now-Babies he came off as.

BANNED

FANatics, ESPECIALLY you Dementia5, I am SO happy for you ALL (us)...

So I heard Qx2 played 'Magic Man', but HOW'd he do it?! Is she still a vamp, too?! SO X-citing!! Hopefully Dani's neXt, then most all our favorite babies will have come HOME, and EVERYthing will be right in our Mutant world once again! 8D

Thanks Heroine Addict!

QQ did it by sacrificing his Phoenix shard:

M-plate took Jubes’ light bender amulet and tossed her through a window into the sunlight, where she burst into flames. Quire did it to save her, taking away her vampirism and repowering her in the process.

Now if Dani isn’t repowered after Phoenix Resurrection I’ll be angry as a hornet.

BANNED

HOLY CRAP!! Wasn't eXpectin' THAT! So the PhoeniX WAS responsible for it, after all, this is effin' AWESOME! And just perfect, with all the Jean that's goin' on. Good on you Qx2, you just got seriously upgraded in my book, for such a chivalrous, sacrificial, & selfless act... on instinct alone, no less - DAMN! This is just WONDERFUL, and so encouraging, I must say. Our Jubilee is back, FINALLY, the way she was always meant & supposed to be.

Good, no GREAT, times are ahead! And YES, Dani MUST be made Mutant again in PRtRoJG, it'll be criminal if she doesn't & SO disappointing/frustrating... and we shall REVOLT, in PROTEST!!

Oh, and PLEASE SAVE MONET, too! She's TOO GOOD a character, to continue on so mucked up the way she is, she deserves MUCH BETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. I hate her as a teen mother.
    Same here..

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Oh, and PLEASE SAVE MONET, too! She's TOO GOOD a character, to continue on so mucked up the way she is, she deserves MUCH BETTER!
    Evidence suggests that Monet’s situation will greatly improve in the final issue next month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Evidence suggests that Monet’s situation will greatly improve in the final issue next month.
    Thank GOD, whatta RELIEF, keepin' fingerd X'd - thanX, Dementia5!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Thank GOD, whatta RELIEF, keepin' fingerd X'd - thanX, Dementia5!
    No problem! And if it doesn’t...well, you know...that hornet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Garth of Atlantis (Tempest/Aquaboy I)
    AquaLAD, not Aquaboy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman