Page 143 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2482
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    While these moments are great ( they were very few & far between during the desolate vamplee period).. I can't state how how happy I am that that period of her life is over/good for good...
    It does seem they had a better grip of how to use her vampire powers for some impressive feats. Though, the physicality of one of Marvel's vampire characters doesn't seem all that different from that of someone like Wolverine or Sabretooth. But it makes sense to reset her back to a more "iconic" mode right now. The X-Men books are in a bit of nostalgic phase. Also, with Marvel anticipating the return of the X-Men movie rights and their publishing arm serving as more or less R&D for the movie division, they probably want to set some aspects of their characters back to factory settings before they start workshopping possible stories.

9) Jubilee makes a 200-foot interdimensional dragon her bitch.

Wolverine & Jubilee #4

First, she threw a train car at it.

Then the dragon retaliated by trying to roast her with its fire breath, causing her mist form to trigger for the first time. Meanwhile, Logan and Rockslide aren’t faring well against the big lizard, so Jubes decides enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

10) Jubes leads a team into battle against a trio of sentinels, does an awesome job of it (they won), and even finds time to snipe Hellion for wearing underoos into combat.

X-men #11 (Wood)

Even a month after the title ended, Amilcar Pinna just can’t quit Jubilee.

He finally seems to be getting his eye in. Not sure what the swimming goggles are about though.

You know how Jubilee was missing from the first ending of the 90s cartoon? It was because the Marvel and Saban logos were full screen and should've been in a box.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...iginal-ending/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know how Jubilee was missing from the first ending of the 90s cartoon? It was because the Marvel and Saban logos were full screen and should've been in a box.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-s...iginal-ending/
    I have ALWAYS wondered why this was the case!!! I actually have the sneak peak VHS with the original ending that shows Jubilee in it! Whenever I would watch the tv episodes, I would be so upset, thinking that the show didn’t think she was good enough to be featured in the credits...

I reeally hope Jubilee will be in some book team when we get a new x-relaunch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Even a month after the title ended, Amilcar Pinna just can’t quit Jubilee.

He finally seems to be getting his eye in. Not sure what the swimming goggles are about though.
    I think they're more supposed to be aviator goggles or snowboard goggles. Something like a Digimon protagonist would wear.

Anyway, this subject came up in a movie thread a little while ago and I thought I'd ask it here: does Jubilee's comics backstory still work? I mean, there are aspects of it that are very '80s. The '80s Beverly Hills rich girl thing that was trendy then, the word "mallrat" and reference to a stock market crash that wiped out Mr. and Mrs. Lee's money (there was a crasdh in 1987). And you'll notice most other media that uses Jubilee doesn't bother with adapting all of it. If it is getting a bit old, are there ways to update it so that it's not more modern but more timeless?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Anyway, this subject came up in a movie thread a little while ago and I thought I'd ask it here: does Jubilee's comics backstory still work? I mean, there are aspects of it that are very '80s. The '80s Beverly Hills rich girl thing that was trendy then, the word "mallrat" and reference to a stock market crash that wiped out Mr. and Mrs. Lee's money (there was a crasdh in 1987). And you'll notice most other media that uses Jubilee doesn't bother with adapting all of it. If it is getting a bit old, are there ways to update it so that it's not more modern but more timeless?
    I think her backstory is perfectly updatable. You could substitute something like the “dot com bubble” bursting for the ‘87 crash. These economic downturns happen with disturbing regularity, so there should be no shortage of real life analogs to turn to. Also, I’m pretty sure malls are still a thing, and I’m pretty sure kids still hang out there. Malls are designed to attract folks like that.

Although I have to admit I’ve never really liked the term “mall rat”.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I hope so too. Its long past due
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    https://twitter.com/cbcebulski/statu...307946497?s=21

Ultimate Member

I though wonder if her recent usage could hurt her when any relaunch happens, not saying that she shouldn't be on a team but sometimes after characters get a lot of panel time they get some time off...and sometimes they don't...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I though wonder if her recent usage could hurt her when any relaunch happens, not saying that she shouldn't be on a team but sometimes after characters get a lot of panel time they get some time off...and sometimes they don't...
    Well, given Cebulski's comment, she'll probably still be around even if it's just in her current role as youth mentor. I know some people don't want to hear this and I don't really want to say it because I've been arguing about this development being on-brand for her. But it might be a little hard for her to make a full-time commitment to a team with Shogo around. I mean, during Wood's run she would just stick him in a backpack and take him with her. But now he's older, more mobile and probably getting into everything. Even with Jono and the various students helping out. Unless maybe the X-Men got on-site day care.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Well, given Cebulski's comment, she'll probably still be around even if it's just in her current role as youth mentor. I know some people don't want to hear this and I don't really want to say it because I've been arguing about this development being on-brand for her. But it might be a little hard for her to make a full-time commitment to a team with Shogo around. I mean, during Wood's run she would just stick him in a backpack and take him with her. But now he's older, more mobile and probably getting into everything. Even with Jono and the various students helping out.
    Jim Zub has her in MiM and he indicated that there is little or no mention of Shogo at all in that. Yes, I know that's a mini, but the point is that if a writer wants to have her as a regular on a team then Shogo isn't going to prevent this. It certainly didn't stop Wood/Guggenheim/Wilson during the all-female XX-men run.

Unless maybe the X-Men got on-site day care.
    Who's to say they don't if a writer decides they do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Jim Zub has her in MiM and he indicated that there is little or no mention of Shogo at all in that. Yes, I know that's a mini, but the point is that if a writer wants to have her as a regular on a team then Shogo isn't going to prevent this. It certainly didn't stop Wood/Guggenheim/Wilson during the all-female XX-men run.

Who's to say they don't if a writer decides they do?
    They should have Gabby babysit so Laura and Jubes can have adventures without their wards. Besides which I think it would be prime entertainment seeing a side story of Gabby stumbling through a babysitting job (or even BETTER: First we only get a bunch of increasingly weird out of context TXT messages or phone calls from Gabby. Then later we get to actually see what was actually happening from her perspective).