Page 153 of 166 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2482

Wish she was still a vampire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    They did about as much with it as they could. Frankly it dragged on too long.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Im glad shes not its boring IMO. i just hope shes used more so we can savor the return of her powers
    X-Men Forever

Jubilee was the MVP of MiM #2 and it made up for her nonrole in the first issue. She truly was the highlight for me

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Yeah I saw that while I wouldn’t say she was the MVP... I will say that it was amazing to finally see Jubilee back as a member of the team with her cheer and mutant powers. She did equal parts that Kitty and Domino did as far as action is concerned... and while her powers are still depicted as blinding and stunning, it reminded me of the old issues where Jubilee flash blinded every Hand ninja she was up against. There was also a cool mini panel that showed her powers setting of the sprinkler systems, showing that this writer at least acknowledges that Jubilee’s powers are hot and explosive in nature... much like dozens of previous writers have shown- Jubilee’s powers can blind, stun, distract, burn, deafen, ignite, melt certain objects, and explode... all depending on what she wishes to do with them.

Even in the instances that Jubilee used her powers in this issue, there was some variety- 1) lighting the tunnels to guide herself, Kitty, and Domino. 2) knocking back/stunning/blinding that former mutant lady in the club. 3) blinding every other non-factor civilian in the club. 4) causing enough heat to set off the sprinkler systems.

I’ve always wondered why people find Jubilee’s powers to be useless. Jubilee is a controller type of character, meaning that one of her primary roles is crowd control. She makes it so that she and her teammates can get in and out of situations with less harm to themselves or go unnoticed. She can distract, stun, or knock down enemies with or without causing them serious harm... meaning she doesn’t have to go for the kill, but can apply an appropriate level of damage to protect herself. She is the equivalent of a soldier who has an unlimited amount of tasers, stun guns, flash bangs, concussion grenades, and incidiary grenades... all of which she controls the damage and trajectory of mentally. Even with JUST the flash bangs and stun gun-types of power, Jubilee is an invaluable asset to her team. It’s good to see a glimpse of that in this issue for a change.

One last thing regarding the above- I play overwatch and oftentimes contemplate the type of characters Jubilee would be similar to. McRee has his flash bang, Mei crowd controls enemies by slowing them down to a stand-still, Symmetra shoots beams and blasts of light, and D’Va has a nuke blast that detonated a large explosion... Jubes can do all of that- impressive I might say

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

I need some help harassing my podcast cohosts!

We are arguing over what our Fourth Of July special should be about, and I am pulling for it to be a Jubilee based episode.

Go to our Twitter (@gotstratosphere) and vote in the poll I posted last night that you want a Jubilee episode! Here should be a direct link: https://twitter.com/gotstratosphere/...30917765271552

I already made a list of my Top 15 comic issues starring or centered on Jubes for such a show...
    Last edited by Not BAMF; 06-28-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not BAMF View Post
    I need some help harassing my podcast cohosts!

We are arguing over what our Fourth Of July special should be about, and I am pulling for it to be a Jubilee based episode.

Go to our Twitter (@gotstratosphere) and vote in the poll I posted last night that you want a Jubilee episode! Here should be a direct link: https://twitter.com/gotstratosphere/...30917765271552

I already made a list of my Top 15 comic issues starring or centered on Jubes for such a show...
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jubilee was the MVP of MiM #2 and it made up for her nonrole in the first issue. She truly was the highlight for me
    Agreed! I especially love how she managed to be the standout in an issue told from Kitty’s POV.

Also, my favourite scene from MiM #2:

Jubes back in the saddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Confuse and distract and then BOOM with the SNAP CRACKLE POP SIZZLE!!!

I loved the panel where she said she missed doing this. I was like, so do we

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I loved the panel where she said she missed doing this. I was like, so do we
    Yeah, I loved that scene too.

Although now I’m wondering if they’re going to replace PAF with FOOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yeah, I loved that scene too.

Although now I’m wondering if they’re going to replace PAF with FOOM.
    Well, there needs to be a scale between her simple fireworks, and her "That's It, I'm Cutting Loose" walking fusion bomb levels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, there needs to be a scale between her simple fireworks, and her "That's It, I'm Cutting Loose" walking fusion bomb levels.
    Always kind of an issue with her. Writers knew she created blinding/distracting lights at the lowest level and could blow up buildings at the higher levels but had the darnedest time figuring out what her powers were like in between. I've never seen any character have so much trouble because they couldn't figure out what the "medium" setting for her power was (let alone what it sounded like).

BANNED

I just have to ask...

What IS it with Medina?! And I thought he gave Laura a ridiculous upgrade.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Always kind of an issue with her. Writers knew she created blinding/distracting lights at the lowest level and could blow up buildings at the higher levels but had the darnedest time figuring out what her powers were like in between. I've never seen any character have so much trouble because they couldn't figure out what the "medium" setting for her power was (let alone what it sounded like).

I would say Jubilee’s powers would go into these three tiers:

Low- Blinding, stunning, distracting, disorienting anywhere from one second to longer than a minute. This is seen in the majority of her power uses. Most of the time, it is enough to effectively get the job done. Sometimes, however, writers fail to realize Jubilee does more than this- like when Jubilee fought a blind demon woman under Chuck Austin’s writing... who proclaimed that Jubilee’s light powers had no effect on a blind woman. Sigh.

Middle- concussive, deafening, vertigo-inducing, welding, burning damage. Examples: Wolverine #72-74, Jubilee unleashed some pretty powerful blasts against several sentinels to help save her and Logan; Wolverine #125, she hit a brainwashed Rogue so hard it nearly knocked her out, even though she is nearly invincible; vs Sauron when he wiped the floor with Storm, Iceman, Maggot, Wolverine, Cannonball... Jubilee knocked him unconscious with an eardrum explosion; Gen X Annual ‘99, blasted through tree trunks, broke apart metal security locks; Gen X- shot an explosion into the tailpipe of a car to render it useless; Vs the Hand- short circuited their computer systems; Vs her acting agent who tried to physically use her, she blasted him across the room which knocked out many of his teeth and severely injured his face... etc.

High- small to large scale explosions. Examples- blowing up the Reaver’s cybernetic attack dog that tried to kill her in Uncanny Annual #13; Blowing up Mandarin’s mansion; Blowing up a building in the Shi’ar Empire with Gambit her combined powers; Knocking Emplate unconscious on two or three occasions, which also separated Penance and Monet’s twin sisters and also blew up a mansion in the Gen X estate; Blowing up a yacht’s engines while teaming with Logan, Black Widow, and Captain America; Burying Donald Pierce under a cavern by blasting the ceiling; Teaming with Synch to blow up a city block in the Phalanx Covenant; Melting a tank that was trying to kill Wolverine... etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I would say Jubilee’s powers would go into these three tiers:

Low- Blinding, stunning, distracting, disorienting anywhere from one second to longer than a minute. This is seen in the majority of her power uses. Most of the time, it is enough to effectively get the job done. Sometimes, however, writers fail to realize Jubilee does more than this- like when Jubilee fought a blind demon woman under Chuck Austin’s writing... who proclaimed that Jubilee’s light powers had no effect on a blind woman. Sigh.

Middle- concussive, deafening, vertigo-inducing, welding, burning damage. Examples: Wolverine #72-74, Jubilee unleashed some pretty powerful blasts against several sentinels to help save her and Logan; Wolverine #125, she hit a brainwashed Rogue so hard it nearly knocked her out, even though she is nearly invincible; vs Sauron when he wiped the floor with Storm, Iceman, Maggot, Wolverine, Cannonball... Jubilee knocked him unconscious with an eardrum explosion; Gen X Annual ‘99, blasted through tree trunks, broke apart metal security locks; Gen X- shot an explosion into the tailpipe of a car to render it useless; Vs the Hand- short circuited their computer systems; Vs her acting agent who tried to physically use her, she blasted him across the room which knocked out many of his teeth and severely injured his face... etc.

High- small to large scale explosions. Examples- blowing up the Reaver’s cybernetic attack dog that tried to kill her in Uncanny Annual #13; Blowing up Mandarin’s mansion; Blowing up a building in the Shi’ar Empire with Gambit her combined powers; Knocking Emplate unconscious on two or three occasions, which also separated Penance and Monet’s twin sisters and also blew up a mansion in the Gen X estate; Blowing up a yacht’s engines while teaming with Logan, Black Widow, and Captain America; Burying Donald Pierce under a cavern by blasting the ceiling; Teaming with Synch to blow up a city block in the Phalanx Covenant; Melting a tank that was trying to kill Wolverine... etc.
    Your "High" end is still a little low, at least as far as feats go. She outright obliterated Mandarin's castle, IIRC.