Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2482
    Ultimate Member

It was more I think that Janet just kind of adopted her since Nadia found out about Hank's past with his crimes and hitting Janet decades ago and so hates or doesn't like Hank now at all...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It was more I think that Janet just kind of adopted her since Nadia found out about Hank's past with his crimes and hitting Janet decades ago and so hates or doesn't like Hank now at all...
    I dont recall an adoption occuring and that would make her Janet's actual legal kid, not merely stepchild. IIRC, then share no actual relation. Janet's more of a mentor which is no different than Storm to Kitty for example

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How? Did she and Hank get remarried?
    Well . . . I guess the situation is more complicated than that. So, she was married to Hank, who had a daughter but didn't know it. So, she was her stepmother but didn't realize it. Then they divorced, which means she wasn't anymore. But then when Nadia moved to the U.S. and she bonded with Jan. Then, when she needed a last name to apply for U.S. citizenship, she asked Jan for permission to use her last name and got her blessing, making her Nadia Van Dyne.

So, she's practically been adopted into the Van Dyne family even though legal familial connections are hazy. Also, Jan was featured on this year's Mother's Day greeting on Facebook and Twitter alongside Spider-Woman, Jubilee and Aunt May. So, I'm guessing they meant her connection to Nadia by that. Otherwise it would be what? The alternate universe baby she had with Havok in Uncanny Avengers.

But anyway, a mom-centered A-Force might be interesting for a miniseries.

Ultimate Member

I wasn't sure about whether she had fully adopted Nadia or just that Nadia changed her name and viewed Janet as her stepmom, but no there's no actual blood relation between them as Nadia is the product of Hank Pym and his first wife, with Hank having no idea that Nadia even exists...and he's currently trapped in one of the Infinity Gems anyway while Ultron Pym runs around the universe trying to get the other gems...back to his full Hank Pym self and not sharing his body with Ultron...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wasn't sure about whether she had fully adopted Nadia or just that Nadia changed her name and viewed Janet as her stepmom, but no there's no actual blood relation between them as Nadia is the product of Hank Pym and his first wife, with Hank having no idea that Nadia even exists...and he's currently trapped in one of the Infinity Gems anyway while Ultron Pym runs around the universe trying to get the other gems...back to his full Hank Pym self and not sharing his body with Ultron...
    As the X-Men have always shown, you don't need to be related through blood or law to be family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    I think it would be cool to do an A-Force reboot but have it be all moms. So Jubilee, Sue Storm, Jessica Jones, and Spider-Woman. Any other super moms that should be included?
    Laura could kinda-sorta count if you squint and interpret her taking in Gabby as Promotion To Parent rather than strictly sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    I think it would be cool to do an A-Force reboot but have it be all moms. So Jubilee, Sue Storm, Jessica Jones, and Spider-Woman. Any other super moms that should be included?
    Tigra, Madame Webb (Carpenter), Scarlet Witch, maybe Jean, and maybe Carol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Tigra, Madame Webb (Carpenter), Scarlet Witch, maybe Jean, and maybe Carol
    Crystal might be an interesting addition too.

Wait . . . Carol? The only time she was a mom was . . . No, please not the Marcus thing! Neither readers nor character should need to revisit that!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Crystal might be an interesting addition too.

Wait . . . Carol? The only time she was a mom was . . . No, please not the Marcus thing! Neither readers nor character should need to revisit that!
    Oh yeah I forgot Crystal and Medusa too.

It would take a great writer or a great storyteller to bring Immortus back. It would be funny to me if Immortus came back and tried the same exact thing to another female hero only for Carol to catch him and go berserk lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura could kinda-sorta count if you squint and interpret her taking in Gabby as Promotion To Parent rather than strictly sisters.
    I’d buy that. I’ve always figured that the concept of “mom” has a lot more to do with what you do than how you’re related.

Also, here’s a...different interpretation of Jubes.

Gritty reboot.

But that’s basically what the vampire thing was though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Well . . . I guess the situation is more complicated than that. So, she was married to Hank, who had a daughter but didn't know it. So, she was her stepmother but didn't realize it. Then they divorced, which means she wasn't anymore. But then when Nadia moved to the U.S. and she bonded with Jan. Then, when she needed a last name to apply for U.S. citizenship, she asked Jan for permission to use her last name and got her blessing, making her Nadia Van Dyne.

So, she's practically been adopted into the Van Dyne family even though legal familial connections are hazy. Also, Jan was featured on this year's Mother's Day greeting on Facebook and Twitter alongside Spider-Woman, Jubilee and Aunt May. So, I'm guessing they meant her connection to Nadia by that. Otherwise it would be what? The alternate universe baby she had with Havok in Uncanny Avengers.

Do you know where I can see that picture? I missed it.

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/995619672107241472

Ant-Man and the Wasp #1 (written by Mark Waid, Nadia's creator) calls Nadia "Janet's adopted step", so yeah, Janet legally adopted her after the events of Unstoppable Wasp #8. Don't forget, even as a refugee applying for citizenship due to her father being American, she is still a child (she's 16). It was probably necessary, and Janet was happy to do it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-07-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’d buy that. I’ve always figured that the concept of “mom” has a lot more to do with what you do than how you’re related.

Also, here’s a...different interpretation of Jubes.

Gritty reboot.

But that’s basically what the vampire thing was though.
    That should be the update version of her as she has been through many life changing situations that its time for her to be more confident in her abilities and not have anymore self doubt about her using powers to it's full extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyrin View Post
    That should be the update version of her as she has been through many life changing situations that its time for her to be more confident in her abilities and not have anymore self doubt about her using powers to it's full extent.
    I wouldn’t be opposed to them portraying Jubes like this, but maybe without the Gauloises. Not sure that part would go over well. But the ink and the nunchucks - yeah, bring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/995619672107241472
    Ant-Man and the Wasp #1 (written by Mark Waid, Nadia's creator) calls Nadia "Janet's adopted step", so yeah, Janet legally adopted her after the events of Unstoppable Wasp #8. Don't forget, even as a refugee applying for citizenship due to her father being American, she is still a child (she's 16). It was probably necessary, and Janet was happy to do it.
    But if her parents where married when she was born she's an American citizen. Dosn't matter if Hank never new about her.