Page 159 of 166 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2482
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/wegotthis...-expected/amp/

From the looks of it, this panel revealing Jubilee on the Guardians team is from Cosmic Ghost Rider #2’s last page... and more will be shown in issue #3 in September.

I’m assuming that this is an alternate reality thing? Because if not then I don’t even remotely know how to process this.

Juggerduck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I was wondering if there was a thread of appreciation for Jubilee. I'm glad I found it.

I've always liked Jubilee, there was just something about her attitude that appealed to me, and I loved watching her trying to balance out Wolverine's wild nature. I also enjoyed watching her relate to Shadowcat when they were together.

Never liked the way her powers were described as articulate, quasi-animate transitory plasmoids

Fireworks just sounded better.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I was wondering if there was a thread of appreciation for Jubilee. I'm glad I found it.
    Glad you found it too!

I've always liked Jubilee, there was just something about her attitude that appealed to me, and I loved watching her trying to balance out Wolverine's wild nature. I also enjoyed watching her relate to Shadowcat when they were together.
    Agreed, and I always found it hilarious that she tried to balance his wild nature with a wild nature of her own. As for Kitty, I always thought that the two should have interacted more. There’s a lot they have in common (Wolverine, being the youngest X-man, etc), and some things they don’t (Jubes comes from a much darker place than Kitty).

Never liked the way her powers were described as articulate, quasi-animate transitory plasmoids

Fireworks just sounded better.
    But they’re not fireworks though. As ungainly as that term might be, it’s still the best description of her mutant power: Articulate (they move and can join together or come apart), Quasi-animate (they do what she tells them), Transitory (they don’t last long), Plasmoids (small orbs of plasma - an electrically charged gas that burns so hot that it can create nuclear fusion).

Just think of all the potential of a power like that. Everything from leveling city blocks down to focusing that power on a tiny point of her fingertip to use it as a plasma cutting torch should be possible for her. Why no writers have bothered to follow through on this astounds me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Glad you found it too!

Agreed, and I always found it hilarious that she tried to balance his wild nature with a wild nature of her own. As for Kitty, I always thought that the two should have interacted more. There’s a lot they have in common (Wolverine, being the youngest X-man, etc), and some things they don’t (Jubes comes from a much darker place than Kitty).

But they’re not fireworks though. As ungainly as that term might be, it’s still the best description of her mutant power: Articulate (they move and can join together or come apart), Quasi-animate (they do what she tells them), Transitory (they don’t last long), Plasmoids (small orbs of plasma - an electrically charged gas that burns so hot that it can create nuclear fusion).

Just think of all the potential of a power like that. Everything from leveling city blocks down to focusing that power on a tiny point of her fingertip to use it as a plasma cutting torch should be possible for her. Why no writers have bothered to follow through on this astounds me.
    This!

It’s why the vampire era was so beyond infuriating because it prevented writers from being able to do just that.

Yeah, I was never a fan of the vampire period. I was happy when the Phoenix shard was used to remove that aspect from Jubilee, and give her back her aqatps back (they'll always be fireworks to me - lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    This!

It’s why the vampire era was so beyond infuriating because it prevented writers from being able to do just that.
    What’s even more frustrating is that while she was a vampire they never really did anything with that either, despite HUGE potential with boundless mythological background.

Think we better be praying they don't decide to make her the sleeper agent!

I would love to see more interaction between Jubes and Kitty. As an only child, Jube could benefit from having an older sister, and IIRC, Kitty is an only child, so she knows a bit of what Jube has been through. I also liked the way they looked out for each other with Illyana's death. Kitty left the BAMF doll for Jubes, because she felt she needed it, and then when Kitty got back to Excalibur, she finds it while unpacking, with the sweet note from Jube saying she felt BAMF should be with her.

There are times when when I think that aspect could be very interesting, and other times where I think that it should be left alone. I'm not a big fan of anyone (hero or villain) having such a huge amount of power at their fingertips. I like it more when they have to think of ways to use their abilities to get what they want/need, instead of just being able to snap their fingers and have it happen.

On a different topic, have you ever seen the way Jubilee and her powers look in the Marvel Heroes video game?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    On a different topic, have you ever seen the way Jubilee and her powers look in the Marvel Heroes video game?
    Yes, the graphics were pretty good, and her powers (which she actually refers to as plasmoids ) looked genuinely impressive. She never takes off her sunglasses though (minor point).

On a different topic, does anybody know why they’re renaming all of the appreciation threads?

Yes, the graphics were pretty good, and her powers (which she actually refers to as plasmoids ) looked genuinely impressive. She never takes off her sunglasses though (minor point).

On a different topic, does anybody know why they’re renaming all of the appreciation threads?
    The mod said they were closing large threads (and allowing them to be created again in a new thread) because they thought the long threads might be contributing to server load or something like that.

EDIT: So they're probably renaming threads that a mod checked and decided weren't big enough to close so that other mods don't close them when it's not needed.
    Last edited by Avantre; 08-13-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Dupe post, ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Think we better be praying they don't decide to make her the sleeper agent!
    I just don’t see this happening. Besides, isn’t the “sleeper agent” supposed to be on the Red team?

They didn't say which team, but it would make sense for it to be Red since that's the team Laura is part of.

Appreciation 2018.... thread created in 2014. What the hell, mods?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

has jubilee ever been depicted as having any Asian-American friends, besides any X-Men members?