Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2482
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yes, she was. The image you posted was the first time she wore it (Wolverine & Jubilee #2), and she was wearing it (or some variation of it) up until Mystery in Madripoor. Like many, I had assumed that this was her new iconic look. And I liked it. It worked.
    I like it too. It takes elements that are classic Jubilee, and makes them more mature, and something that a woman her age would wear. I typically try not to complain too much about costumes, but her wearing the classic 90s look doesn't gel here for me. Maybe she can make a costume change in later issues.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

While I like the fact that Jubilee has a few good quips, got to use her powers again, is considered one of the core X-Men, and showed up in twice as many panels as last issue... I’m with everyone else in that I’m just not a fan of a 20-something mom Jubilee wearing the same costume she wore as a young teen.
    Jubilee has had tons of tasteful and functional costumes... anything from Generation X, her Wondra ninja costume, the recent black leather, or even an updated casual look from Mystery in Madripoor would be more age appropriate.

Also, while I’m glad she’s being shown as one of the main team members instead of being left with the kids or in limbo... what’s the point of restoring her powers if writers have nothing creative to do with them? She always simply flash blinds or knocks back enemies with cutesy quips. Off the top of my head, she has previously used them to charge up her punches with energy, detonate objects, knock people unconscious, blast through objects, and also utilize some impressive gymnastic feats. We need more of this variety... or for Storm to say in desperation, “Jubilation!! Let loose of your abilities!!!” Followed by Jubilee blasting apart large groups of Jamie duplicates with large explosions.
    If Betsy gets new sword and shield abilities, why not let Jubes create plasma shields? Maybe we will see more variety in later issues, or at least in the X-Tremists

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Preview for issue #3... now THIS is more what I was talking about in my above post. Sure, the costume is outdated... but FINALLY, Jubilee is shown taking on more than one enemy at a time. Even if this is the only panel she gets next issue, it’s still a good start at writers acknowledging she is more than capable of protecting herself... her powers were just returned less than a year ago, so it is ample time for writers to explore variety and bigger potential-

0CB2EA66-522E-450D-8270-45C2F25A070F.jpg

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Which issue does Jubilee try to wear in Rogue's clothes? I know it was Uncunny X-Men, late 80's probably. I never found her so cute and funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Which issue does Jubilee try to wear in Rogue's clothes? I know it was Uncunny X-Men, late 80's probably. I never found her so cute and funny!
    Uncanny X-Men Annual 13. A pic of it is about 2/3rds the way down in the link I gave.

You know... now that I think about it... the mansion was destroyed and anyone inside in that moment is dead... so this means several students died... but I wonder... where were Shogo???

Normally Jubilee leave him wth the students in the mansion while she is in a mission... so does this means he is dead??? I hope no!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 12-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    You know... now that I think about it... the mansion was destroyed and anyone inside in that moment is dead... so this means several students died... but I wonder... where were Shogo???

Normally Jubilee leave him wth the students in the mansion while she is in a mission... so does this means he is dead??? I hope no!!!
    I’m kinda hoping that Jono took him out for ice cream or something. But also bear in mind that Jubes and Northstar were (supposedly) in the med lab at the time too. Hope we get answers tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Annual 13. A pic of it is about 2/3rds the way down in the link I gave.
    Thank you! Jubilee has hilarious moments.

At this point I wonder if she is being promoted with Uncanny just for diversity sake bc she doesnt do anything. She's used in the same capacity as Polaris and has less of a role than Armor and the New X-men. The writers need to do better by her in the upcoming issues but I doubt it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At this point I wonder if she is being promoted with Uncanny just for diversity sake bc she doesnt do anything. She's used in the same capacity as Polaris and has less of a role than Armor and the New X-men. The writers need to do better by her in the upcoming issues but I doubt it will happen

At least in the Christmas special she has the longest story... even though I hated the "weakest X-man" thing... and I love she pass some mother-son time with Shogo... even though is trying to survive a killing mall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's more for nostalgia waffles than diversity. This event's cast is way, way too big and can't even touch base with its core characters, so the chances of getting real stuff from the expanded cast are low.

has jubilee ever gone to any events that were a Chinese heritage celebration, or cultural meetup groups along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has jubilee ever gone to any events that were a Chinese heritage celebration, or cultural meetup groups along those lines?
    Mmmm... not sure... the most chinese event I have seen her was when the Mandarin decided to change her clothes to traditional chinese clothes and wanted educate her to act like a real antique chinese woman...

There was also the time she grossed Monet out with the Chinese tapioca bubble tea she was drinking, but I don’t know if you’d consider that a “celebration of Chinese culture”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    There was also the time she grossed Monet out with the Chinese tapioca bubble tea she was drinking, but I don’t know if you’d consider that a “celebration of Chinese culture”.
    Wasn't that tea a western fad at the time? (it sure was where I am - you could get it from a dozen places in a four block radius near me. Only 1 of those places is still open these days). So, the American pop culture loving "chilli fries, rollerblading and malls" Jubilee may have been drinking it (a little ironically) due to it being an American fad rather than due to her Chinese heritage?