Page 99 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Here you go
    Attachment 41427
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dump Bleach in my eye ball.
    So if Dracula sired Xarus and Xarus sired Jubilee wouldn't that make Drac Jube's grandvamp? That cover just got 100 times creepier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I am pretty sure Xarus was sired in the more human fashion as he is a pure blood vampire.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    True enough, but Jubilee always had trouble moderating her force to appropriate levels, she always had the unfortunate tendency to low-ball attackers. Like when she went up against Hemingway and Vessel. she opted to Blind them rather than, well we know what she did to Brawn's building. Her pafs gave off heat, and when detonated the concussive force of an explosion not something you want in a confined space. So her only options were Low-ball her assailants with blind (wow it's like she is a pokemon) or become a mass murderess.

Another time when Gen-X was assaulted at a airport she was unable to use her powers because of jet fuel a lesson she learned after her unfortunate incident fighting Fenris in a parking garage with damaged vehicles and exposed gasoline fumes. That was the Gen-X 95 annual I believe.

Jubilee has a heroic personality, but her mutant powers were inherently violent, forcing her hand in combat. She did reach a level of expertise in which she disabled a car without destroying it but flesh is a lot less resilient than steel(in most cases). Jubilee was not only aware of her destructive abilities but the secondary and tertiary effects they caused.

Remember when Synch-Emplate used Jubilee's power recklessly next to a boiler in his school? Fortunately Husk was armored up and he either retained some of Monet(1)'s invulnerability or Emplate's damage resistance.
    Great study of Jubilee's powers and her control over them. I do miss her old abilities... and really wish that writers didn't oftentimes water them down. I think Chuck Austin and Robert Kirkman (funny enough, as he writes the Walking Dead,) were the last big culprits of this. Austin had Jubilee on his X-Team that went to another dimension to rescue Nightcrawler from Azazel and a bunch of demons. Jubilee's 'big power show' was when she couldn't get out of a simple one handed stranglehold from a blind female demon... because, as she said, "Your light powers have no effect on me." Since when were Jubilee's abilities simply 'light powers,' that didn't give off heat or concussive force? Jubilee from any other previous writer would have at least scalded the woman's face or knocked her backwards. Realistically, an up close blast would have dislocated the woman's head from her shoulders.
    In Kirkman's 'Jubilee' miniseries, Jubilee's powers were less important or even powerful than the skill of her one-shot Aunt Hope, butler Brad, and (shudders) Shane Shooter. As Jubilee from the animated series would say... "Get. A. Clue!"

At least in Generation X, Jubilee would oftentimes save the team with her powers or else her leadership abilities. She was pretty much like the Robin from Teen Titans of the group. Even after Generation X, Jubilee had an IMPRESSIVE power display when she was living in LA and trying to be an actress. As an older teen, she got disgusted when her manager tried to have his way with her. She blasted him across the room, crashing through tables, etc... which bloodied his face and caused him to have a broken nose and several missing teeth. Sure, she didn't blow up a building, robot, or enemy... but it clearly showed that her abilities were not to be laughed at.
    There was also a more recent Wolverine issue around the time that Logan lost his powers, just before he ended up dying. In it, he had a flashback to a mission with Jubilee from years ago. She was kidnapped, drugged, and forced to hallucinate that she was Logan's mentor and he was the sidekick. Delirious, she recklessly ran around a base filled with soldiers that she thought she was beating up... when in reality, Logan was protecting her. Logan was heavily injured, which caused her to 'snap out' of her hypnosis and realize that she was his sidekick. She jumped in front of him and unleashed a massive barrage of plasma, which literally melted an armored tank into the ground, and destroyed the soldier's weapons. She did this all to protect her best buddy.
    To have some writers go from that, to giving her just 'light powers' that can't do physical harm, is just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Delirious, she recklessly ran around a base filled with soldiers that she thought she was beating up... when in reality, Logan was protecting her. Logan was heavily injured, which caused her to 'snap out' of her hypnosis and realize that she was his sidekick. She jumped in front of him and unleashed a massive barrage of plasma, which literally melted an armored tank into the ground, and destroyed the soldier's weapons. She did this all to protect her best buddy.

To have some writers go from that, to giving her just 'light powers' that can't do physical harm, is just bad writing.
    its more than that, the student must never surpass the master mentality.

the "Nightwing will always lose to batman" type of writer who believes or writes as if he believes in a comic book hierarchy. Chuck Austen did similar with Husk, having her take "Horn" from instead of steel or stone.

And the Jubilee series with its discount Synch ugh!

Has jubilee ever channels her power without using her hands?

I seem to recall an issue of GenX (I forget which one, but I'm sure someone will let me know) where she was in a swimming pool with Penny and she channeled her power through her feet while diving in or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

If she did that that, it means her powers can be used in the same martial arts 'Bender' style from the Avatar series.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

In a Gen X Annual issue... Jubilee got so angry at Emplate when he hypnotized her into fighting her teammates... that she started glowing. While glowing, she pointed her finger at him and blew up Proudstar Hall, which was an annex mansion that the Gen X kids used at school.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Is it possible for her to lose the Vampire powers?

She shouldn't be around so many students as a vamp

I wish that the Wondra stuff had lasted longer (and been better written).

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Is it possible for her to lose the Vampire powers?

She shouldn't be around so many students as a vamp
    cure for vamparism? marvel has always been fuzzy about that besided the tome of Darkholm, which is the eldritch book that created them, possibly some rare blood that can cure it, and possibly Illyana like how she broke the contract between cytorak and colossus. But then jubilee is not a vampire due to a contract with Chthon, though vamparism originated with Chthon.

BANNED

I'd expect a top-flight reality warper (Franklin, Legion) could do it, as well. Presumably Elixir could as well given his ability to reorder organic matter (just because Jubes is undead doesn't mean she's no longer organic).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd expect a top-flight reality warper (Franklin, Legion) could do it, as well. Presumably Elixir could as well given his ability to reorder organic matter (just because Jubes is undead doesn't mean she's no longer organic).
    Legion could he has killed elder gods, the kids scary. He restored Jubilee to normal in Age of X as well and Moonstar, I just don't see him with the refinement to do it on purpose in base normal reality.

Here's a thought - if only she knew about the Thunderbolts, they'd be able to cure her and restore her powers - Kobik could probably completely undo M-Day!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Favorite Jubes video game appearance?