Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wait, are we supposed to be calling these now?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wait, are we supposed to be calling these now?
    Don't think so. I just expressed interest. Any books are still up for grabs at this point.

All-New Member

I'm definitely still interested in continuing with the New Dawn universe! Will the now rebooted forums mean that we are free to choose new books? I'm still interested in writing Aquaman, but a reboot would give me the chance to put an entirely new spin on the character.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Are we restarting the whole thing? Or can we continue from where we left off?

If so I would like to start a new team book called The Elementals. As well as a Poison Ivy ongoing.

If not, then I would like to continue the stories where I left it off (even though I missed a few months).
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

I would like to join this? If there's a spot free.

Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    Sure, there's always room. Just submit any plot ideas you have to Whit'Oro. Welcome to New Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
    I'm definitely still interested in continuing with the New Dawn universe! Will the now rebooted forums mean that we are free to choose new books? I'm still interested in writing Aquaman, but a reboot would give me the chance to put an entirely new spin on the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Are we restarting the whole thing? Or can we continue from where we left off?

If so I would like to start a new team book called The Elementals. As well as a Poison Ivy ongoing.

If not, then I would like to continue the stories where I left it off (even though I missed a few months).
    Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    The pitching can start. Former plotters that want to continue working with the same characters from before the reboot can do that, but you might want to think about that for a bit.

For all the others, whatever you will get the characters or not depends not only on which characters do you choose but how good your whole creative team+concept is.

Here's the New Rule Book People

What’s NEW DAWN?
    An interactive roleplay where we create and write our own DC Universe Publishing Line! You can write your dream books, events and crossovers!

*The plotters works on bringing the characters and the stories to life. They pitch their books, choose characters to work within them, as well as the creative teams. Every month the plotter brings forward the story through new solicitations written by him/her.

*The buyer decided which titles to give his blessing and thumb up in the solicitations thread opened at the beginning of each month,

*You don’t have to be a plotter to be a buyer, but if you’re a plotter, coming monthly in the solicits thread is a fundamental guideline.

RULES
    Choose the characters, Write the Solicits, Send them to the Editors

BOOKS & PITCHING:
    *Each plotter can start with two books. He has to run them for the four months before pitching more.

*To pitch a book, propose a basic idea, its cast and its creative team either directly to the Editor in Chief or here in the creator’s thread.

*The books are divided into the following lines:

HEROES’ DAWN: superheroes. Main Editor: WhitOro
    STEEL DAWN: Superman & Family. Main Editor: Shaggydoo
    GOTHAM’S DAWN: Batman & Allies. Main Editor: Global Honored
    COSMIC DAWN: space related adventures. Main Editor: Marvell2100
    CURSED DAWN: our “Vertigo” line for darker books. Main Editor: WhitOro

*Before the end of each month, the plotter sends his solicits to the main editor of his line. The solicits are then collected into the Monthly Solicitations Thread that is opened in the DC Forums board.

CHARACTERS
    *SOLOS: Each plotter picks a main character, a cast of three in a supporting role, and a cast of four villains to work with. These numbers are negotiable. You can have less, you can have more based on good arguments.

*TEAM BOOKS: the plotter can pick a group of character that goes from 2 to 6 and use them as team. The same numbers works for villains whatever they’re a team or not. Again, these numbers are negotiable.

*You can use every single character from the DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm and Milestone collection. You can create new characters.

*You can kill characters only if the Editor in Chief agrees.

*If a plotter wants to write an ongoing about a character in a team he can do it, but any major change in the character status quo must be discussed with the team book plotter. Works the same in the opposite direction.

*The same character can’t be in more than three books, either solos or teams (there can be exception based on the character’s relevance).

CREATIVE TEAMS:
    *On each one of his books, the plotter places a writer and an artist. A creative change during the course of the run is possible but should be announced.

*The same writer can’t be used on more than three books across the entire line. The same artist can’t be used on more than once.

*As long as they’re living, any writer and artist counts.

SOLICIT:
    This is the standard solicit set up to send to your editors.

THE AMAZING BOOK TITLE # (#issue number)
    Plotted by YOU_THE_PLOTTER
    Written by AWESOME WRITER
    Art by TALENTED ARTIST
    Solicits body, containing what happens in the issue. Be catchy, creative and check your spelling.
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99
    (Pages price and rating can be decided either by you or by the Editor in Chief. Darker books will have a higher rating.)

CANCELLATION:
    *After its third issue, every title can risk getting cancelled: the lowest sellers of the month end up on the chopping block. Discussion ensues.

*A plotter who has his book cancelled can go back to pitching.

STRIKES:
    Three strikes, and your books could be removed. What causes the strikes?
    *Failure to present your solicits for two+months.
    *Failure to make any buys in the monthly solicits’ thread.

Questions and Clarifications ask your Editor in Chief.

Books already "taken":
    JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW DAWN
    Plotted by WHITORO
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    Concept: ND2.0 main JL’s title.
    Cast: Superman (Clark Kent), Wonder Woman, Apollo (Neil Sinclair), Icon (Augustus Freeman), Cyborg, Zatanna.
    Villains: Starro, Vandal Savage, Mongul, Ultraman, Mandrakk the Dark Monitor

CODENAME: V *Relaunch*
    Plotted by HIGHWAYGUY
    Written by
    Art by
    Cast: Knight (Beryl Hutchinson), Godiva, Lionheart (Richard Plante), Red Lantern Rankorr, Sister Superior
    Villains: Manchester Black

STEEL DAWN Main Editor: Shaggydoo

Unnamed Superman’s Title
    Plotted by SHAGGYDOO
    Concept: ND2.0 main Superman's book.

GOTHAM’S DAWN Main Editor: Global Honored

Unnamed Batman’s Title
    Plotted by GLOBAL HONORED
    Concept: ND2.0 main Batman/Gotham's book.

COLD JUSTICE *Relaunch*
    Plotted by MCGAFFER
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art by STEVE EPTING

COSMIC DAWN Main Editor: Marvell2100

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
    Plotted by MARVELL2100

LEGIONNARIES
    Plotted by MARVELL2100

CURSED DAWN Main Editor: WhitOro

THE RENEGADES *Relaunch*
    Plotted by LOREC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Art by MARCUS TO
    Cast: Creator Owned

THE ELITE *Relaunch*
    Plotted by LOREC
    Written by TOM TAYLER
    Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    Cast: Josiah Power
    Last edited by WhitOro; 05-05-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Baneofkings will be relaunching NIGHTWING for Gotham's Dawn line.

Here is the proposed concept and roster

Nightwing
    Plotter: BANEOFKINGS
    By J.M. DeMatteis
    Art by Greg Capullo
    Concept: Nightwing finds himself in Blüdhaven, a city that reeks of corruption, with one goal: to clear it from the ground up. However, that’s not going to be easy, as not only does he have to deal with an assassin hunting costumed vigilantes, but also a mob war that threatens to bring the city to its knees.
    Cast: Dick Grayson, Raya Vestri, Jade, Shift, Thunder, Grace, Indigo, Private Investigator Michael Court*, Blüdhaven Commissioner Laura Martin*
    Villains: Deathstroke, Tarantula, Roland Desmond, Saiko, Ravager, Black Mask, The Court of Owls, Stallion, Lady Vic, Brutale, Shrike

*New Dawn Exclusive Characters
    Looks good to me. If anyone has character concerns or shared character requests then let us know. Dick Grayson may become a secret agent in the Nu52 but he is keeping his tights for our universe.

Fantastic Member

I'll send you some Cold Justice updates soon GH.

I've sent my updated Nightwing solicit across with less characters/villains.

Hey New Dawn Crew, the two Legion titles I'm plotting will be based on the run by Keith Giffen(5YL). I'd like to use these creative teams for the two series I'm plotting if they are available:

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
    Written by Keith Giffen
    Art by Tom and Mary Bierbaum

LEGIONNAIRES
    Written by Keith Giffen
    Art by Jesus Saiz & Javier Pina

The Cast: The cast for each title will fall into the 6 range as per the new mandate but every living Legionnaires can appear in either title and are interchangeable. Characters will come and go as needed if allowed.

The Villains: The featured villains for the titles will be The Dominion, Mordru, The Fatal Five, The Time Trapper(Glorith), Sun-Eater, The Khunds, Roxxas The Butcher, Celeste, Darkseid of the 31st Century. This basically works out to 5 per title which falls within the mandate. The same applies to the villains as well, they are interchangeable between the two titles.

The Concept: The Legion has been disbanded after the Magic Wars with each member returning to their native planet. At least those who are still alive. Earthgov, and in turn The United Planets, is a corrupt entity secretly run by the Dominion in partnership with the Khunds who wish to remain in the shadows. After seeing the suffering of so many races throughout the galaxies the Legion begins to gather together again to help those in need. But the Dominion, who have craved Earth for so long are not going to give up with out a fight! But there are others like Mordru and the Time Trapper with their own agendas, who want to keep the Legion from rising again as well!

This is the approach I'd like to take with these two titles if possible.

Before the reboot, we were in the midst of the Democratic primary which Oliver Queen was going to win. The Republican primary was going to take place this month, with the winner facing Ollie later in the year for President of the United States. Where does that stand? Are we still going to do that?

Here is what I am requesting for the main Bat book
    THE BATMAN
    Writer: Ed Brubaker
    Artist: David Aja
    Starring Bruce Wayne (The Batman)
    Supporting: Commissioner James Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth, Lucius Fox, Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
    Villains: The Joker, Mister Freeze, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy

Also wish to keep in the line: Maroni Family, Falcone Family, Scarecrow, Ra's & Talia Al Ghul

I selected the classic rogues gallery but am happy sharing the Batman rogues and Bat Family as needed and wanted by my fellow plotters. This is a mutual pool to play around with. I figure we will have titles with Robin characters and Batgirls in starring roles so we will share the villains and friends of Gotham, no problemo. If you want to create a series starring some of them, then let us know and we will make sure to work it out to accommodate everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    Before the reboot, we were in the midst of the Democratic primary which Oliver Queen was going to win. The Republican primary was going to take place this month, with the winner facing Ollie later in the year for President of the United States. Where does that stand? Are we still going to do that?
    A lot of continuity will be different so I am not sure if this is going to stick but I am cool carrying this through if others want to. May just need to finetune it a bit. I am good either way. Bane, you still plan on doing Green Arrow? Whit, what do you think about the election...still want to play it out?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    I'll send you some Cold Justice updates soon GH.
    Cool, look forward to this hit title respawning

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Here is what I am requesting for the main Bat book
    THE BATMAN
    Writer: Ed Brubaker
    Artist: David Aja
    Starring Bruce Wayne (The Batman)
    Supporting: Commissioner James Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth, Lucius Fox, Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
    Villains: The Joker, Mister Freeze, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Ra's & Talia Al Ghul

I selected the classic rogues gallery but am happy sharing the Batman rogues and Bat Family as needed and wanted by my fellow plotters. I figure we will have titles with Robin characters and Batgirls in starring roles so we will share the villains and friends of Gotham, no problemo. If you want to create a series starring some of them, then let us know and we will make sure to work it out to accommodate everyone.
    If at all possible, I'd like to get use of Jason Todd and/or Huntress.