Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Steve Rogers/Captain America Appreciation 2024.

The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) turns ten this year. To me it's still Marvel Studios best movie.

Hoping 2024 will be an Awesome year for Cap

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year Cap fans! Hope it's a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) turns ten this year. To me it's still Marvel Studios best movie.
    I totally agree. Cap Winter Soldier was my favorite MCU movie.

Happy New Year to Steve Rogers and his fans !

Here's to a good New Year for Steve Rogers!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's to a good New Year for Steve Rogers!
    With JMS writing Cap's solo right now, I'm pretty sure it will be. Who's looking forward to Avengers: Twilight by Chip Zdarsky, though?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Happy New Year to The First Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    With JMS writing Cap's solo right now, I'm pretty sure it will be
    That's what I think as well. I'm really enjoying this title so far.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Winter Soldier is by far one of the TOP 5 films of the MCU.
    It is in my Trinity of most often re-watched entries.
    The other two being:
    Iron Man
    Avengers
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Having just read issue 5 by JMS . . . who's looking forward to the conclusion of this first arc of his Captain America?

Having just read issue 5 by JMS . . . who's looking forward to the conclusion of this first arc of his Captain America?
    I am, in a good way. Knowing a little bit about the German American Bund movement and Myer Lansky's retaliation against them, I like this arc and especially what happens this issue. There really was a Bund movement rally at MSG. The quoted line that JMS provides was actually said. Myer Lansky broke up some Bund movement rallies fairly brutally. Within the midst of this history, JMS puts Steve Rogers in it. There was a cool parallelism towards the end.

Am I a huge fan of JMS' writing? Overall, yes. Is it fantastically rich and poetic? Is JMS a modern wordsmith? I don't feel he is. The language is actually pretty basic. JMS' works remind me of his work on Ghostbusters or Babylon 5. The language is simple stuff.

BUT, JMS' concepts are intriguing. Not out there like Grant Morrison but enough to go "hey, this is pretty interesting." And enough to say hey I'm looking forward to the next issue. And enough to say hey you know what, I hope JMS stays a while longer on Captain America.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I am, in a good way. Knowing a little bit about the German American Bund movement and Myer Lansky's retaliation against them, I like this arc and especially what happens this issue. There really was a Bund movement rally at MSG. The quoted line that JMS provides was actually said. Myer Lansky broke up some Bund movement rallies fairly brutally. Within the midst of this history, JMS puts Steve Rogers in it. There was a cool parallelism towards the end.

Am I a huge fan of JMS' writing? Overall, yes. Is it fantastically rich and poetic? Is JMS a modern wordsmith? I don't feel he is. The language is actually pretty basic. JMS' works remind me of his work on Ghostbusters or Babylon 5. The language is simple stuff.

BUT, JMS' concepts are intriguing. Not out there like Grant Morrison but enough to go "hey, this is pretty interesting." And enough to say hey I'm looking forward to the next issue. And enough to say hey you know what, I hope JMS stays a while longer on Captain America.
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned. And yeah, as I've said before, it hearkens back to the spirit of Jack Kirby being perfectly willing to put boots to American Nazi @$$es when they threatened him for his Captain America cover with Cap punching Hitler on it, only for those American Nazis to flee the spot where that confrontation was supposed to take place, as somebody went off and called the cops on them.

I just read it last night. Yes I'm really looking forward to see how this first arc plays out. Not your average Cap story and villain. But done very well and has drawn me in. I also like JMS a lot so I have faith this title will go in great direction.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I just read it last night. Yes I'm really looking forward to see how this first arc plays out. Not your average Cap story and villain. But done very well and has drawn me in. I also like JMS a lot so I have faith this title will go in great direction.
    Same here, at least as long as editorial doesn't try to mess with his vision . . . as a Spider-Man fan, Sins Past and One More Day still leave a very foul taste in my mouth.