Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Default So the young Avenger's show up in Ant Man and no Eli at all...are they trying to just write him out?

So I was re reading the latest Ant-man, and noticed this time around in Cassie's flash back, the Young Avengers that were shown in her memories. There's Tommy and Billy, Teddy and Kate, and Johans Vision, but...there's no Eli as Patriot. Not at all, and I'm thinking to myself, why? They took the time to put in all the others characters, even talk about the CC where Cassie died and had her talk about No Varr which means that she's been in contact with Kate, but, and this is important, we see hide nor hair or Eli at all. So is Marvel trying to ultimately pretend he was never part of the group. That the kid didn't exist? I mean, seriously? Why? I know that there has been issues in regard to Eli's origin, but all issues can be reconned and changed. Why not even have him in a flashback? Makes the whole team look odd without him there. I know he retired but still, why not bring him back for that one issue? What's going on here?

Marvel has always done Eli dirty. It's a shame that they made him a steroid/HGH abuser, the reason why some mutants couldn't come back, and a quitter.

Incredible Member

Just like they did with his uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Marvel has always done Eli dirty. It's a shame.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Extraordinary Member

Kid Vision also seems to be forgotten forever. But poor Eli - remember how Gillen said he couldn't be in Young Avengers because someone else had big plans for him, and then those plans never materialized?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Kid Vision also seems to be forgotten forever. But poor Eli - remember how Gillen said he couldn't be in Young Avengers because someone else had big plans for him, and then those plans never materialized?
    I still believe he was going to be in Avengers Arena, and after Mettle that was cut (probably because he was going to die too; and Hopeless realised that would be a REALLY bad idea).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ugh, I really hope that wasn't the case. I mean, yes he was a Steroid user, but you could use that as a means of dealing with that sort of issue head on. Roy harper had to deal with drugs and they kept that as part of the back story and had his character mature and grow, same with Tony being an alcoholic and now being sober. It's just weird with him because we kind of still have vision around and they showed him in the flash back, but the implication was that the team only consisted of: Billy, Teddy, Tommy, Kate, Vision, and Cassie. No mention of Iron Lad, and no image at all of Eli. It's like Marvel is pushing every other character that was in the young avengers, save him and Tommy for some reason. Are they black listing the characters? It's been, what, over ten years since the last part of the original series, and you can always play the recon game. Change how the situation went down.

The whole quitting thing seemed weird too. I'm wondering if Marvel got some word from someone that there was a lot of Anti Eli? Also, interestingly enough, John Boyaga was showing toys that he had, and he has a Patriot toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Ugh, I really hope that wasn't the case. I mean, yes he was a Steroid user, but you could use that as a means of dealing with that sort of issue head on. Roy harper had to deal with drugs and they kept that as part of the back story and had his character mature and grow, same with Tony being an alcoholic and now being sober
    Include Carol Danvers too.

Ugh, I really hope that wasn't the case. I mean, yes he was a Steroid user, but you could use that as a means of dealing with that sort of issue head on. Roy harper had to deal with drugs and they kept that as part of the back story and had his character mature and grow, same with Tony being an alcoholic and now being sober. It's just weird with him because we kind of still have vision around and they showed him in the flash back, but the implication was that the team only consisted of: Billy, Teddy, Tommy, Kate, Vision, and Cassie. No mention of Iron Lad, and no image at all of Eli. It's like Marvel is pushing every other character that was in the young avengers, save him and Tommy for some reason. Are they black listing the characters? It's been, what, over ten years since the last part of the original series, and you can always play the recon game. Change how the situation went down.

The whole quitting thing seemed weird too. I'm wondering if Marvel got some word from someone that there was a lot of Anti Eli? Also, interestingly enough, John Boyaga was showing toys that he had, and he has a Patriot toy.
    The thing with Eli is that he had it back to back to back and then thrown into limbo. There was even an imposter running around in his outfit when the last Young Avengers series took place, he couldn't even get an out of costume appearance.

I've never been a fan of Eli BUT I'd love for him to be back (in some form) for his fans; because it does seem unfair. Maybe as a new Falcon, or put him in All New, All Different Avengers. Something. Bring him back (just not in a comic I read ).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It's crazy to not suspect that the black male thing had something to do with not even be thought of especially with opportunity to work Sam.

So I was re reading the latest Ant-man, and noticed this time around in Cassie's flash back, the Young Avengers that were shown in her memories. There's Tommy and Billy, Teddy and Kate, and Johans Vision, but...there's no Eli as Patriot. Not at all, and I'm thinking to myself, why? They took the time to put in all the others characters, even talk about the CC where Cassie died and had her talk about No Varr which means that she's been in contact with Kate, but, and this is important, we see hide nor hair or Eli at all. So is Marvel trying to ultimately pretend he was never part of the group. That the kid didn't exist? I mean, seriously? Why? I know that there has been issues in regard to Eli's origin, but all issues can be reconned and changed. Why not even have him in a flashback? Makes the whole team look odd without him there. I know he retired but still, why not bring him back for that one issue? What's going on here?
    Just the latest in a long line.

Synch
    Skin
    Tarot
    Tempest
    The Bedlams

Just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Include Carol Danvers too.
    Yup, you're right. We've seen it in Carol, Roy, Tony, who else? I know there's been several out there that have been used to tell a substance abuse story, but for some odd reason Eli is kicked to the curb? Unless it's the whole issue of his race at play? Which would be dumb because anyone can get hooked on something that can be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just the latest in a long line.

Synch
    Skin
    Tarot
    Tempest
    The Bedlams

Just to name a few.
    Again it just seems really weird. Also weren't most of those character's mutants as well? Maybe if people kicked up some noise or something?

Again it just seems really weird. Also weren't most of those character's mutants as well? Maybe if people kicked up some noise or something?
    We can throw Night Thrasher in there as well. And yeah those are all mutants on the first list.