Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait War Machine didn't have an appreciation thread?
    Nah, he didn't. I looked all over.

Had to make one off GP. Rhodey gotta get some love in these internet streets.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-01-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-01-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Thoughts on Rhodey and Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

I discussed this on the BP thread, but I'm curious to see if we'll see that relationship in the MCU. Rhodney already exists, and Carol is set to debut.

I'm cool with them as a couple. Can't say I'm a shipper or anything but if it gives them both more panel time then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I discussed this on the BP thread, but I'm curious to see if we'll see that relationship in the MCU. Rhodney already exists, and Carol is set to debut.

I'm cool with them as a couple. Can't say I'm a shipper or anything but if it gives them both more panel time then I'm all for it.
    The ship makes sense to me, and it seems well done.

I do hope we see Carol and Rhodey interact in the MCU. If not as lovers, then at least as very good friends, for the time being. They are both military after all.

The ship makes sense to me, and it seems well done.

I do hope we see Carol and Rhodey interact in the MCU. If not as lovers, then at least as very good friends, for the time being. They are both military after all.
    I do think it would be good to see MCU Rhodney doing something in the MCU away from Stark. He's kind of in Starks shadow, so doing his own thing I think helps to scrape off any sort of side kick vibe or whatever he might be giving off.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think it would be good to see MCU Rhodney doing something in the MCU away from Stark. He's kind of in Starks shadow, so doing his own thing I think helps to scrape off any sort of side kick vibe or whatever he might be giving off.
    Rhodey as a supporting character in the Captain Marvel solo could help. Being that he and Carol are military, their interactions could be based on that, which is different from Stark stuff.

With that said, it also depends if Marvel Studios feels he's worth the time. Rhodey needs moments. He hasn't had one since Iron Man 2.

It felt a little out-of-nowhere when I first read the issue, especially without any build-up (that I can recall), but in thinking back on it the relationship does make a lot of sense given their similar personalities and professions. Almost to the point where you wonder why it's only now a thing.

It's also pretty cool to see Rhodey moving a little out of the Iron Man shadow and date the character Marvel's been promoting as their most powerful superhero .

There are other Marvel relationships and couples I'm more interested in, but I think it's neat and good for Rhodey (even if it ends up killing him in Civil War II).

I remember that one issue of volume 2 where they did those vignettes for Carol's supporting cast and Rhodey got one, but it was so weird because he was still Iron Patriot. I had forgotten that was still a thing .

BANNED

Do you guys think Rhodey is a more capable pilot than Tony in an Iron Man suit

obviously Tony is the brains behind the armours, but Rhodey is a skilled pilot?

I wonder why Rhodey isn't on a team right now? Especially when he could be on the Ultimates team, using different cosmic armours to explore the universe. And it's an upgrade from his job as a pilot. Plus, he gets to hang out with Carol. It's literally a win-win-win scenario.

As much as I like Rhodey in the War Machine armor, I tend to think they focus a little too much on the armor and not the man inside. Rhodey was badass way before they gave him a suit of armor. It's good that he gets some character development now that he's in a relationship with Carol. I just hope they keep him around in someone's title. He might be a good fit in the Sam Wilson Cap book. They would make a cool team I think.

Invincible Member

I don't mind it. I actually like the way KSD portrayed it as they were casually dating, but made it believable as opposed to how some writers would have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

Very possible. In fact, that is something that should be looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder why Rhodey isn't on a team right now? Especially when he could be on the Ultimates team, using different cosmic armours to explore the universe. And it's an upgrade from his job as a pilot. Plus, he gets to hang out with Carol. It's literally a win-win-win scenario.
    Rhodey in Ultimates would be a good look for him.

As for him not being on a team, I guess the folks in charge don't care much about him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    As much as I like Rhodey in the War Machine armor, I tend to think they focus a little too much on the armor and not the man inside. Rhodey was badass way before they gave him a suit of armor. It's good that he gets some character development now that he's in a relationship with Carol. I just hope they keep him around in someone's title. He might be a good fit in the Sam Wilson Cap book. They would make a cool team I think.
    Most def.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

At this point I doubt it, because Iron Man has spent so much time in the armor.

But I'll wager Rhodney picked up flying and aerial combat a lot quicker than Stark did. Rhodney in his first month in armor probably could fly circles around Stark in his first months in armor. But at this point, Stark is probably as proficient at flying in armor as anyone.