View Poll Results: Whose side are you on ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stand with The Midnight Angels !!!!

6 35.29%
  • Haramu-Fal !

11 64.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should The Black Panther Give up his Throne? (Midnight Angel Appreciation)

Ignoring bad writing and creative Marvel decisions, and looking strictly at things from the perspective of the Wakandans, do you think T'challa should give up his throne? Without spoiling Black Panther # 2, the Midnight Angels are shaping up too look more like heroes than villains. For those of you who aren't completely familiar with what's happened in Wakanda the last few years let's recap.

DoomWar

During Doomwar, Dr. Doom managed to fund a revolution in the country that resulted in a lot of dead Wakandans. On top of that he essentially conquered Wakanda! A Nation that virtually before that had never really been brought too it's knees. Additionally, he murdered a former King of Wakanda, and still walks the earth LITERALLY with barely a scratch on his face. Not only that, to save the rest of the world T"challa had to destroy the World's supply of Vibranium (Minus what was left in "The Great Mound"). It's definitely safe too assume that there were a lot of lives lost in what was essentially a Wakandan Civil War.

Namor and The Flood

The situation with Namor Flooding the country was something NOBODY could have really predicted, but at the same time what did Shuri think was going to happen with her holding an X-Man prison in Wakanda. Did her and T'challa think about the safety of the Nation when they decided to get involved in the war? It was stated in Hickman's run that thousands of Wakandans lost their lives in the flood. Wakanda was a nation that always prided itself in it's wealth and stability, and after the flood there was a telethon broadcasted nationally to help rebuild the country? What would something like that do to Wakandan Pride?

Thanos and His Army wrecking Wakanda

One of the biggest mistakes T'challa ever made was keeping Thanos and the Black Order in the Necropolis. The Necropolis is directly adjacent too the Golden City, the Heart of Wakanda. Why would he keep some of the most Dangerous Criminals in the Galaxy that close too his capitol? I know all of existence was ending, but did he ever stop too think what would happen if they ever got out of that prison, and how throughly and violently pissed they would be? That thought never crossed his mind? It's possible that if he had moved them out his country, he could have saved countless lives his sister's included. Meanwhile the poor citizens of Wakanda in the media they go from Country with Unstable Government, too Country who needs money to rebuild after a flood, too "Sacrificial Lamb for the rest of the world" .

Current Black Panther Events

After all that's happened, T'challa and Ramonda had the nerve to sentence a Dora Miljae too death for doing what one of them should have done a long time ago. Seriously, you know the Chieftain of a tribe was a Sex Slaver and you let him live? Moreover, you sentence one of the Dora's too death for killing him. Not to mention the events that happened in Today's Issue.

I like T'challa, but if I was Wakandan I would be thinking something has to give with his country. Where do you stand? With Haramu- Fal or The Midnight Angels?
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

I've been hearing a lot of opinions regarding the direction of the current run, actually. It's interesting to see so many not vibing with what's been described as a political "westernization" of Wakanda. I see their point, but I'll reserve my judgement until I read the rest of the arc.

I can definitely see why Wakandans would want reform, but how Wakanda works is a unique part of the MU and it would be sad to see things change if I'm being perfectly honest.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of opinions regarding the direction of the current run, actually. It's interesting to see so many not vibing with what's been described as a political "westernization" of Wakanda. I see their point, but I'll reserve my judgement until I read the rest of the arc.

I can definitely see why Wakandans would want reform, but how Wakanda works is a unique part of the MU and it would be sad to see things change if I'm being perfectly honest.
    I think moving forward T'challa may remain The Black Panther, but the Black Panther will no longer be the focal point of Wakanda. If it's one thing Marvel has been good at these past few years it's never keeping the status quo the same. Then theres the chance that it could still be unique, and it might even be better than what they currently have.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Why should T'Challa have to give up his throne? Prior to all of those events, Wakandans has never had any serious issues his leadership before. And it was the Panther clan that pretty much got Wakanda to the point where it is the most advanced nation on Earth.

And if he does give up the throne, that doesn't mean the Panther clan should be out. Shuri has proven herself more than capable of ruling Wakanda.

If anything, I think the build is towards Shuri reclaiming the throne.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just wanted to say I don't think Doom killed a former king of Wakanda. He was an uncle but IIRC he didn't rule. It was Doom that gave the command but the Desturi was glad to obey...they really didn't have any great love for the Royal Family.

There are valid complaints against T'challa. That said no one could do it better. There isn't a more intelligent, competent, or experienced iption.

Plus most of the really really bad stuff occured when he was off the throne anyways so it's not like that's been shown to help matters. I get why Wakandans are mad but its not like they can do better with anyone else.

Let him lose the throne in one story arc, be hunted by the new evil regime in the next arc and then reclaim the thrown in the final story arc. If each arc runs 4 issues you're set for the yearly run.

T'Challa was already off the throne since Deadliest of the Species which lead to him being in Hell's Kitchen. He hasn't been King of Wakanda in over four years.

I feel like after the next issue which I believe will feature the inevitable confront between them, T'Challa will understand where they are coming from and they will come to an understanding. As was said, T'Challa is not to blame for everything that happened in Wakanda (even though I get why from the population's point of view all that happened to them didn't do his image of a great and strong leader any favors) and the best outcome of this story would be for T'Challa to step aside for Shuri to once again take command and then he can do all the fighting crime with the Avengers and the Ultimates that he likes or he'll win their trust back by actually staying there and fixing all the f***** up shit that is happening there and listening to his people. I bet on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just wanted to say I don't think Doom killed a former king of Wakanda. He was an uncle but IIRC he didn't rule. It was Doom that gave the command but the Desturi was glad to obey...they really didn't have any great love for the Royal Family.
    Yes he was a both T'Challa uncle and a former King..

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa was already off the throne since Deadliest of the Species which lead to him being in Hell's Kitchen. He hasn't been King of Wakanda in over four years.
    Seriously. He hasn't been king in a loooong time.

He JUST got the throne back.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    I feel like after the next issue which I believe will feature the inevitable confront between them, T'Challa will understand where they are coming from and they will come to an understanding. As was said, T'Challa is not to blame for everything that happened in Wakanda (even though I get why from the population's point of view all that happened to them didn't do his image of a great and strong leader any favors) and the best outcome of this story would be for T'Challa to step aside for Shuri to once again take command and then he can do all the fighting crime with the Avengers and the Ultimates that he likes or he'll win their trust back by actually staying there and fixing all the f***** up shit that is happening there and listening to his people. I bet on the latter.
    I think T'Challa himself would be just fine having Shuri rule while T'Challa was off playing super hero with his buddies. The Wakandan people might not be though as that was the exact status quo when most of the really really bad stuff happened.

I don't care about the throne or Wakanda; as long as T'challa is in an ongoing (solo or team book).

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Yes he was a both T'Challa uncle and a former King..
    I had to go look it up. you're right. why hasn't T'challa sought revenge; like he did with Namor?