Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-23/Wolverine: Better than the Best who used to be the Best

X-23 rocks.

Alongside The Vision and Moon Knight and Daredevil, I think this is one of the finest concepts to emerge from ANAD Marvel.

I truly hope Logan stays dead and leaves only Laura to remain as Wolverine, in his wake.

Anyone else?

Well, as long as we've got a Logan running around, older or not, I'm good with that.

Yeah, I love Logan and all, but I love Laura more.

Depends as long logan is around. I don't mind and as long they have good creative teams i am all for it. But as soon as she turns into bendis/hopeless laura(wolverine before he died) than og wolverine needs to come back or gabby can replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, as long as we've got a Logan running around, older or not, I'm good with that.
    Agreed, I think that Laura makes a great Wolverine and the OML book works very well. Let's hope both continue for a long time and Marvel don't default back to the status quo.

I like her time as Wolverine as a stepping stone in her journey. I want her to stay as a Wolverine for a good while, but I don't want her to be Wolverine forever. Eventually, I'd like to see her take on a brand new identity that is 100% her own and not given or taken from anyone else.

BANNED

Loving it! I'd like to see it stick for a good, long while and keep her star rising.

To that end, I WOULD like to see her start making a couple guest spots in other books, rather than other heroes guest-starring in hers. But the key is to not overdo it as happened with Logan. Have the appearances actually be organic and make sense.

I'm not usually in favor of keeping iconic characters dead. I'm also not usually in favor of replacement characters. However, Kamala Khan showed that someone can take up the mantel of another and do it well. X-23 proved it is possible to carry on a character's legacy in all the right ways. With each issue, she proves that she deserves to be Wolverine. She's jaded, damaged, and violent to a fault, but she has his heart, his sense of honor, and so much more. The more I see of her in this role, the more I want her to keep it.

I still would like Logan to come back at some point. However, I think his role would have to change. This is kind of a transition period for Wolverine as a character. Hugh Jackman is about to hang up his claws. Characters like X-23 are bringing a new dynamic to his role. I think he'll have to evolve as a character and find a new place within the X-men. But for now, X-23 is doing a great job making Wolverine awesome for a new generation.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

As long as laura keeps being in the spotlight i would be fine,with logan coming back. X23 doesnt have to be wolverine, but going back to comic limbo would be a no-no

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton13 View Post
    Yeah, I love Logan and all, but I love Laura more.
    Pretty much this. Plus Marvel's hair quotient has been cut in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

X 23 is not Wolverine and never it will not. Robin will never replace Batman.

But we all know that on these boards, most users hate the original Wolverine and will be happy if Marvel will never resurrect his. Therefore, for the X23 on this boards will be a lot of votes.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 05-12-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Didn't like X-23 before Logan's death and like her even less now...

I'm good with it for now but I'd like to see the "real" Logan come back eventually. Even if he just goes by Logan or Weapon X and Laura keeps the Wolverine name.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think the OML/Laura thing was the best thing that happened with Wolverine in the past years. He have most of Logan's background, powers and personality, while I think that Laura as Wolverine is just pretty well deserved, due to her relationship and her being his female counterpart from the start. Also, to not make anyone sad, they both have their books and are also on teams. I don't mind if the old younger Logan never come back, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm not usually in favor of keeping iconic characters dead. I'm also not usually in favor of replacement characters. However, Kamala Khan showed that someone can take up the mantel of another and do it well. X-23 proved it is possible to carry on a character's legacy in all the right ways. With each issue, she proves that she deserves to be Wolverine. She's jaded, damaged, and violent to a fault, but she has his heart, his sense of honor, and so much more. The more I see of her in this role, the more I want her to keep it.

I still would like Logan to come back at some point. However, I think his role would have to change. This is kind of a transition period for Wolverine as a character. Hugh Jackman is about to hang up his claws. Characters like X-23 are bringing a new dynamic to his role. I think he'll have to evolve as a character and find a new place within the X-men. But for now, X-23 is doing a great job making Wolverine awesome for a new generation.
    Ms marvel/kamala Kahn is a bad comparison.