Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default CBS Releases Teaser Trailer, Logo for 2017's New "Star Trek" TV Series

K'plah! CBS has finally unveiled the first teaser for 2017's "Star Trek" TV revival under Bryan Fuller and Nic Meyer.

Full article here.

BANNED

The best thing about this is that it takes place in the original universe, between Star Trek IV and the pilot of TNG. There's a lot you can do in that time frame so count me in. I'm excited.

Incredible Member

The teaser doesn't, but it's been stated before.

That said, "new everything" is of course hyperbole, but still feels odd for an interquel, which of course also again has the problem of the tech most likely looking more advanced than the stuff chronologically set farther in the future.

I would have much preferred a considerable time skip after Voyager.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this; hope it's good...

I noticed that the IDW Star Trek series set in the movie continuity is ending with issue #60 in August. I wonder if IDW plan on doing a new series set in the new CBS TV series continuity. I hope they do because I would check it out. And September is Star Trek's 50th anniversary, so not a bad time to launch a new series. That, or in January when the series proper launches.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

CANNOT WAIT! Anticipation is killing me!

When will January come!?

what if theyre setting it b/w STIV & TNG b/c they want to reboot everything after Original Star Trek? Cant reboot OS b/c the movies are already doing it, but I have a feeling they dont think anything from TNG onward is iconic or so sacred to casuals that they will complain if they start changing things...

BANNED

Maybe still be weird. TNG is still dominating Syndication and they do have books. Seems easier to just put it after TNG. I mean I could see catering to casuals if this was actually going to on normal CBS. But they are trying to use it in a single channel pay service. Seems you want to keep the hardcore Fans Happy since they are most likely to pay up.

Amazing Member

I have been a Star Trek fan since I first watched the original as it aired in the '60s, and my excitement about this new iteration is so contained it registers a zero on the scale. CBS is using it as a scam to lure people into their overpriced and underperforming All Access plan, which is their corporate plan to milk money out of suckers who agree to pay for programming every other major broadcast network offers for free. The FCC should begin to charge The Eye a fortune for the frequencies they were granted for nothing, as this violates their agreement to air programs at no charge in exchange for these rights.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    what if theyre setting it b/w STIV & TNG b/c they want to reboot everything after Original Star Trek? Cant reboot OS b/c the movies are already doing it, but I have a feeling they dont think anything from TNG onward is iconic or so sacred to casuals that they will complain if they start changing things...
    They are not going to reboot everything after the Original Series because that would have everyone up in arms. TNG, DS9 & Voyager still have plenty of fans. It would also be a waste of time to have a second reboot. There is more than enough for them to cover during this period that doesn't have to interfere with anything that came later.

Fantastic Member

Did anyone catch that it said new CREWS (plural). seems to indicate that the rumour that each season would explore a different time period may be legit. I love it if so!

Extraordinary Member

I am more glad they brought in Nic Meyer.

he is one of the guys reasonable for making Star Trek into a valuable Franchise that spawned TNG.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi82 View Post
    They are not going to reboot everything after the Original Series because that would have everyone up in arms. TNG, DS9 & Voyager still have plenty of fans. It would also be a waste of time to have a second reboot. There is more than enough for them to cover during this period that doesn't have to interfere with anything that came later.
    It sounds like they are trying to do Enterprise right this time.

The Federation just lost is it's greatest Capitan. Can they trust the Klingons? (it wasn't until the Enterprise C sacrifice that the Klingons started calling them allies)

The romulains have went silent

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    The teaser doesn't, but it's been stated before.

That said, "new everything" is of course hyperbole, but still feels odd for an interquel, which of course also again has the problem of the tech most likely looking more advanced than the stuff chronologically set farther in the future.

I would have much preferred a considerable time skip after Voyager.
    There's Star trek Online for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    The best thing about this is that it takes place in the original universe, between Star Trek IV and the pilot of TNG.
    In that case, color me interested.

No one really knows when or where this new series will take place. There's been lots of fan-started rumors taken as facts by some, but the only thing for certain we know is that the new series will eventually be on CBS All Access next year for US viewers and on other outlets for non-US viewers.
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-2017/

Variety, however, is reporting that the official name of the series has yet to be revealed, but CBS is using just "Star Trek" as a placeholder for it until then.
    Though the logo simply says “Star Trek,” Variety has learned that the series will have a more specific title to be unveiled at a later date. Later installments in the “Star Trek” television franchise had titles that differentiated them from the original series — “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” “Star Trek: Voyager,” and “Star Trek: Enterprise.”
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-...eo-1201778077/
    Last edited by Cel; 05-18-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1