Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Which X-woman deserves a solo movie...Before Mystique?

So no real shade here. I don't hate Mystique, but the idea of her getting a solo movie isn't sitting well with me. Even after watching this, which outlined some really great ideas for the character:

The issue is Fox (and all of the studios making super-flicks) need a female superhero like yesterday. WB/DC has Wonder Woman and Marvel is making Captain Marvel. Fox has the X-men. The greatest superwomen, packaged in a team.

How many of these women have held down a solo? Or have adventures/storyarcs and villians that lend to a solo?

Should Fox make Phoenix their Thor? Or Showcase the might of Storm, pre-X or side adventures? What about the rise of Rogue? Should they try a Kitty story turning Excalibur into a solo vehicle? Maybe an all female squad?

Likely it might fall to Dazzler or X23, but what do you guys think?

Dazzler and X-23 are the most logical choices as they have headed longer running solos so have the most material separate from the team. X-23 being the successor of Wolverine may actually happen. I don't know if Fox is invested in the idea of a Dazz solo though. The amount of coverage received by the TSwift rumors would have caught their attention, but I don't know if they are willing to make the first superhero musical, with or without Swift in the lead role.

Phoenix doesn't need a solo. The next two X-movies should revolve around her though.

All of them...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    All of them...
    Came to say this

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Came to say this
    Same here.

BANNED

Rogue
    Domino
    Scarlet Witch
    Jean Grey
    Emma Frost (MY TOP FAVE)
    Kitty Pryde

BANNED

When you are a movie studio, you don't pick the main character of your first female-lead superhero movie on what is popular in the comics. You pick it based on what you think will work in a movie and on what has been proven to be popular in your movies.

Which is so incredibly not Storm or Rogue or Jean Grey...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    When you are a movie studio, you don't pick the main character of your first female-lead superhero movie on what is popular in the comics. You pick it based on what you think will work in a movie and on what has been proven to be popular in your movies.

And whose fault is that ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

You still need a character that can sustain a solo all to themselves, so the books are a good metric for that.

BANNED

Ororo Munroe aka Storm deserves a solo movie the most.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee, Starring Lana Condor.

I've seen many several posts about this on Twitter, with people saying they want a solo Jubilee show or movie after seeing her in Apocalypse. Also, for each of those posts, I've also seen dozens more complaints that Jubilee didn't have enough to do in the film... With people either venting or begging to have a Jubilee Cut DVD and put her in other movies. Many reviews are just as vocal, too.

The X-Men aren't always about nonstop battles and depressing situations... Although Jubilee has been in those many times over... She would also bring some light hearted fun to the table.. Which I feel the movies need more of. As a TV show especially, Id figure a formula would be similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in terms of cast, dialogue, etc.

"Jubilee is a fun loving and kind teenage mutant, who is having a hard time coming to grips with her place in the world after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse. Humans are more fearful of mutants than ever before, so does Jubilee hide her ability to generate explosive bursts of energy as well as her gymnastic talents... Or does she embrace the hero and mutant within despite it being unpopular and potentially dangerous to herself if the wrong types of people discovered her?"
    It would cover Jubilee's inner struggle on staying at Xavier's or going on her own path and hiding her powers to fit in... With cameos and appearances from Jean Grey, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, the Dazzler, and others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    And whose fault is that ?
    It doesn't matter whose fault it is. You can't step into your time machine to travel back to the year 1999 to fix what went wrong (for incredibly subjective values of 'wrong') with the film franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You still need a character that can sustain a solo all to themselves, so the books are a good metric for that.
    Given that all or most of the movie characters are very different from their comicbook counterparts, no, there is very little comparison.

And what works for an ongoing comicbook has little bearing on what works for a 2 hour movie anyway.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-08-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Emma Frost please. A film based on the "Higher Learning" arc from her solo series would make an excellent drama and female empowering film.

I also agree with the Storm, Dazzler, Jubilee and Rogue mentions. Wish I was a screenwriter and had the green light to make those ideas reality.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

All of them. Literally all of them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.