Page 56 of 668 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

For Storm to truly shine, Xavier needs to die and Cyclops needs to retire.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

M should start hanging with the mastermind sisters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    M should start hanging with the mastermind sisters.
    Have her bring Pixie

I think Bloodscream is the most interesting and engaging villain in the entire Marvel inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Cecilia Reyes should be a core X-Man. Keep her original costume, the variant on the standard X-uniform, as it's the perfect look for her.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In my opinion the main problem Storm has had for the last 20 years is her powers are boring. In almost every scenerio she should be able to beat anyone in just a few minutes. The fact that they have gradually jacked her powers up and up over time has just made the problem worse. It limits the character so much. When her power levels were less defined and less powerful she just worked better as a member of the team.
    Interesting. I've always felt Storm is overrated in terms of her powers. To me it seems like her powers don't even work all that well when she is trapped deep inside of buildings, on alien planets, and so on. And it seems like they are way too slow to really get going as well. Meanwhile she is a bog-standard human being in terms of her physical body and extremely vulnerable to attack during that whole time she takes to "rev up" her powers. Just how I feel about it I guess. If I could see more examples of her using her powers like really fast or surprisingly against enemies I might change my mind.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    That's not really a compliment to Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    Claremont has been Storm's biggest advocate, and responsible for pretty much all her power creep, particularly in X-Treme. I think he had her generate atmospheric pressure equivalent to Jupiter in a later run too.
    Squished a nuclear explosion. But that was after X-Treme in the XSE era of Uncanny.

I agree Storm is too powerful for trivial X-Men stories, but she was from day one, really. She can tap into the power of millions of stars a planets at a time, she shouldn't be concerned with Sentinels and angry mobs. She outgrew the franchise long ago(in terms of her development as a person, as a leader) and is only held onto because she's the X-Men's most notable POC. Of course, she really should be a major player in the MU at large, but the base of the comic buying population is not easily convinced to enjoy the ascension of a black female character, so Storm is just stuck in this limbo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Have her bring Pixie
    MOnet would never hang out with Pixie omg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Squished a nuclear explosion. But that was after X-Treme in the XSE era of Uncanny.

I agree Storm is too powerful for trivial X-Men stories, but she was from day one, really. She can tap into the power of millions of stars a planets at a time, she shouldn't be concerned with Sentinels and angry mobs. She outgrew the franchise long ago(in terms of her development as a person, as a leader) and is only held onto because she's the X-Men's most notable POC. Of course, she really should be a major player in the MU at large, but the base of the comic buying population is not easily convinced to enjoy the ascension of a black female character, so Storm is just stuck in this limbo.
    That and misogynoir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Lol someone list all the characters killed/limited because some dudes wanted to live through Cyclops.

Storm is on the list.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

??? There are lots of very powerful X-characters....

There is more to X-stories than dealing with Sentinels and Angry Mobs and how is the most notably PoC of all of Marvel not a suitable character for those themes anyway?

Detaching characters from their entire narrative roots and just putting them awash into an utterly dumbed down and commercialized MU which is wallpaper for the latest blockbuster extravaganza isn't actually going to help Storm. Sure she could and should be used better of late in X-stories no doubt about that.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nah. Most of her best time was with the two of them present. EXM, IvX and pretty much Gold had them dead and she was still portrayed terribly.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah. Most of her best time was with the two of them present. EXM, IvX and pretty much Gold had them dead and she was still portrayed terribly.
    Basically these days, writers (& editorial it seems), have their pet characters. And any other characters aren't allowed to look better than, or outdo, them. With Gold, Guggenheim's pet is Kitty.

Storm would have to go to a writer who respects continuity & her character. Guggenheim does neither. I won't say a writer has to like her. Because Guggenheim has claimed Kitty is a favorite, but fans argue he's screwing her up as a character with his own personal fanfic fantasies . So even writers who like a character may not necessary treat them right far as canon and what's been established, so much as write them with whatever they think is cool or funny at the time.

Overall, a good few characters have gone through the wringer with Marvel because editorial doesn't seem to do their job of checking things and staying on writers' necks to follow proper continuity w/o all these retcons and character regressions.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-24-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Lol someone list all the characters killed/limited because some dudes wanted to live through Cyclops.

Storm is on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Basically these days, writers (& editorial it seems), have their pet characters. And any other characters aren't allowed to look better than, or outdo, them. With Gold, Guggenheim's pet is Kitty.

Storm would have to go to a writer who respects continuity & her character. Guggenheim does neither. I won't say a writer has to like her. Because Guggenheim has claimed Kitty is a favorite, but fans argue he's screwing her up as a character with his own personal fanfic fantasies . So even writers who like a character may not necessary treat them right far as canon and what's been established, so much as write them with whatever they think is cool or funny at the time.

Overall, a good few characters have gone through the wringer with Marvel because editorial doesn't seem to do their job of checking things and staying on writers' necks to follow proper continuity w/o all these retcons and character regressions.
    Glad to see I sparked some dissent. Further: Storm can be a leader of the X-Men, but she'll never achieve her potential if she is forced to defer to the leadership of characters with character flaws far larger than her own. Cyclops might be a better tactician but he's not inspiring. Charles might be a better philosopher but his compromises are duplicitous.