Page 77 of 664 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 9959
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Marvel needs to make a rule that if there already exists a character that can serve a necessary purpose in a given story then they must be used instead of making a new one.
    This is particularly true in the X-franchise. We need a young woman who can make force field armor and will be Wolverine's new teen side-chick! What about Sally 'Skids' Blevins? Or Cecelia Reyes? Or Carmella Unuscione? Nah, let's just invent a new one! Tada, Armor! We need a young woman with time-travel/manipulating abilities! What about Kiden Nixon? Or Rina 'Timeslip' Patel? Or Tempo? Or Lacuna? Or established characters for whom time-travel is a free bonus power that comes with all their other stuff like Ilyanna or Rachel? Nah, let's invent a new one! Introducing Eva Bell! We need a mutant healer! What about Elixer? We need a telepath/telekinetic with colorful hair, some borrowed British attitude and a chip on their shoulder to start a 'riot at Xaviers?' Is Rachel busy? Rachel who, you ask? Did you even *read* an X-Men comic before applying for this job? Jono 'Chamber' Starsmore at least *is* British, and not just dressing like a member of AC/DC to fake it!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Bishop ain’t D-list. B maybe, but not D.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Again, i'm referring to anybody not called Scott Summers or James Howlet. It's not someone in particular, is everybody to me except these two.

Also i'm not bashing the other ships/characters either, the other ships seem to be more likely to happen than the other two.

This is my UNPOPULAR/CONTROVERSIAL OPINION. I didn't say that i disliked the other relationships/characters, were bad or shouldn't happen. I actually like most of these guys.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-21-2018 at 09:02 PM.

For me A list are Cap, Batman, Superman, Wolverine, Deadpool, Wonder Woman
    Cyclops seems to be between A and B list, he is super popular but not at the absolute top
    Jean has potential but she seems to be a B+ lister at the moment. I don't know where to rank Emma or Ororo.
    Between the B- and C list are the "popular x-men" and the others are D listers.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-21-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    A-List are essential to brand, like Wolverine, Storm, Xavier.

B-List are not brand essential but known primarily as X-Men. This would be Psylocke, Bishop, Gambit.

C-List are characters who primarily orbit in X-Men related stories, but persist. Multiple Man, Cannonball, Captain Britain.

D-List are X-Men whose tenure is reliant on a writer’s tenure. Neal Shaara, Stacy X, Lifeguard.
    I can agree with this. Or people can classify characters according to their popularity, it may be a little different from this but both reasonable.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-22-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

The Gambit movie should have been made back in the 90’s when Jean Claude Van Damme was still young enough to play the part. I do NOT see Channing Tatum carrying this role. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Dude, Stan Lee made Cyclops to bear that responsibility
    That's exactly why it would be and historically has been refreshing to see other characters lead instead - specifically with Storm back during the 80s. It'd be even more interesting to see him taking orders from someone else.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's exactly why it would be and historically has been refreshing to see other characters lead instead - specifically with Storm back during the 80s. It'd be even more interesting to see him taking orders from someone else.
    Haven't we had storm and kitty and currently Jean leading teams recently? Can't see a reason why cyclops can't lead a team apart from them, or why wouldn't he be leading, it's in his DNA, like batman being dark, nightwing having a nice ass, flash being fast or daredevil being blind, can't see why would you want to take that away from him. Plus Kitty, storm and Jean Can't hold a candle to Cyclops skills as a leader, there's a reason he's considered the best leader of the MU along with captain america
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-22-2018 at 01:20 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Haven't we had storm and kitty and currently Jean leading teams recently? Can't see a reason why cyclops can't lead a team apart from them, or why wouldn't he be leading, it's in his DNA, like batman being dark, nightwing having a nice ass, flash being fast or daredevil being blind, can't see why would you want to take that away from him
    From the perspective of both a writer and a fan? To see what he is without that. They touched on that, a little, back in the 80s and it led to him being retired as a character until X-Factor where he literally left his wife and son behind to lead a team of mutants. He's never not been the leader and an active character at the same time, and that's something that I'd be willing to see. Who is Scott Summers when he's stripped down to his core and left to relax a little bit? We don't know. He probably doesn't either. Scott has only been dead for three years, and Ororo, Jean, and Kitty have gotten about that time to a year and a half for Kitty to lead and it wasn't done well.

And I dunno about you or most Cyclops fans, but when he comes back I want to see him interacting with characters and finding his footing amongst the X-Men again. He was classified as a villain by a majority of them for four years, even if he died after Bendis had him reunite them. I'd like to see how they view him and where he stands.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Captain america has the advantage of having his own solo to his own adventures, any other leaders don't even match him or cyclops. Scott doesn't have the luxury to step down from leadership because he doesn't have anything else to bounce back to, you've seen that with tyke, he's a non entity and even tough he wasn't leading in champions he'd authority on the team

Haven't we had storm and kitty and currently Jean leading teams recently? Can't see a reason why cyclops can't lead a team apart from them, or why wouldn't he be leading, it's in his DNA, like batman being dark, nightwing having a nice ass, flash being fast or daredevil being blind, can't see why would you want to take that away from him
    Absolutely correct on all counts. Especially about Nightwing

Here's my unpopular/controversial opinion: Cyclops won't be toppled from his spot as best X-Men leader, not because of how long he's led but because his tenure just consisted of better stories - and everyone knows it even if they won't admit it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    A-List are essential to brand, like Wolverine, Storm, Xavier.

B-List are not brand essential but known primarily as X-Men. This would be Psylocke, Bishop, Gambit.

C-List are characters who primarily orbit in X-Men related stories, but persist. Multiple Man, Cannonball, Captain Britain.

D-List are X-Men whose tenure is reliant on a writer’s tenure. Neal Shaara, Stacy X, Lifeguard.
    Pretty good list, and as much as I like Psylocke, She's comfortably B or C-List.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Pretty good list, and as much as I like Psylocke, She's comfortably B or C-List.
    Thanks man. If it’s any consolation, I consider her at the top of the B List heap. Colossus is at the tail end of the A-List, and they overlap a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    From the perspective of both a writer and a fan? To see what he is without that. They touched on that, a little, back in the 80s and it led to him being retired as a character until X-Factor where he literally left his wife and son behind to lead a team of mutants. He's never not been the leader and an active character at the same time, and that's something that I'd be willing to see. Who is Scott Summers when he's stripped down to his core and left to relax a little bit? We don't know. He probably doesn't either. Scott has only been dead for three years, and Ororo, Jean, and Kitty have gotten about that time to a year and a half for Kitty to lead and it wasn't done well.

And I dunno about you or most Cyclops fans, but when he comes back I want to see him interacting with characters and finding his footing amongst the X-Men again. He was classified as a villain by a majority of them for four years, even if he died after Bendis had him reunite them. I'd like to see how they view him and where he stands.
    Well without leadership Scott was a terrible and deadbeat dad, a terrible husband that abandoned his wife, he also dated 3 different women in a short span of time and was running his grandparents company. I wouldn't want to subject cyclops to that again, poor guy and he becomes some of the worse things everyone accusses him of being, now that'd be terrible wouldn't it? Unless you want him to be that
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-22-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Cyclops fans will hate this but I think Cyclops should step down from the leadership like Storm after the inhuman crisis.

It could be good for the character, it could probably make people stop seeing him like the boring, strict dad, barking orders.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-21-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem is you have writers and editors who:

1) Think that you can't make healthy, loving relationships interesting, and it has to be all toxic drama for people to be engaged.
    2) Have an intense and irrational personal dislike for the relationship no matter HOW iconic or beloved it is in the fanbase.
    3) Have their own pet ships they want to push instead.
    4) Think putting the characters in arelationship changes them/ages them too much from what they read as a kid and "Muh Nostalgiaz!"
    5) Some combination of the above.
    How does my crackship disaster triangle of Piotr/Rachel/Illyana rate? It’s the erotic horror show the twenty first century deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops fans will hate this but I think Cyclops should step down from the leadership like Storm after the inhuman crisis.

It could be good for the character, it could probably make people stop seeing him like the boring, strict dad, barking orders.
    Oh this too! All my favorite fanfic ideas have Cyclops and Wolverine taking orders from Rogue, and Storm and Nightcrawler coaching Colossus to lead an international celebrity mutant supergroup.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 11-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.