Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really and truly hate when writers come in and mess with things that are not broken. Tony Stark did not need his origin messed with period. If anything all the stupid twists and turns hurt the character and take away the self made man he used to be.
    Despite this "don't fix that's not broken", I had already been playing with the idea Tony was Asian back in 2000. It was more of a strong feeling than anything contrary to Tony being Howard's son. By this time in history, we had all forgotten parentage of super heroes, so other thoughts came to mind. If I was honest, I should agree that Tony was adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Malekith revealed that Tony had elven blood. And Tony used his own internal ear's bones for a magitech device (built by Dark Angel) that required the ear bones of an elf in order to work (and the device worked fine).

However, the writers kinda forgot about that and didn't elaborate it further.
    Nice pickup Habis. I don't know whether that story will be picked up on, but little trinkets like that make Tony an interesting boy. I can't say that Thor and Tony had that much in common, but if Tony's Thors son to some seniorita elf lady, that could be something out of left field. Thor is eons old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Next we will probably hear that what Nick Fury whispered to Thor to make him feel he was unworthy was he's not really Odin's son!
    I think Fury whispered it to the hammer, because Thor couldn't hear it. But it would still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Could he be Tesla's biological son?
    You mean the son of Tesla in the Hickman series, who was supposed to be this supa dupa new millennium person? I forget his name, but he was the subject of the whole series. If Tony ends up being this kid, with amnesia, that would be sensational.

It would mean Tesla had a fling with an Elf girl. And who was that fairy girl flitting around Tesla all the time? Tesla idea as Tony's father, I really like, because of the inventiveness, and the constant almost manic drive Tony has to make improvements, and, his future powers. And Tesla is Yugoslav, (close to Bulgaria) and, Howard hunted Tesla. And where did Teslas son go to after the end of Hickmans series? He just disappeared.

Imagine if there was a secret Tesla repository of inventions hidden way, that Tony now inherits. (If Hickman told Bendis about the son of Tesla, and Bendis was just waiting for the time he writes Iron Man himself, that is a long time to have brewing till it sees the light of day).
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You mean the son of Tesla in the Hickman series, who was supposed to be this supa dupa new millennium person? I forget his name, but he was the subject of the whole series. If Tony ends up being this kid, with amnesia, that would be sensational.

It would mean Tesla had a fling with an Elf girl. And who was that fairy girl flitting around Tesla all the time? Tesla idea as Tony's father, I really like, because of the inventiveness, and the constant almost manic drive Tony has to make improvements, and, his future powers. And Tesla is Yugoslav, (close to Bulgaria) and, Howard hunted Tesla. And where did Teslas son go to after the end of Hickmans series? He just disappeared.

Imagine if there was a secret Tesla repository of inventions hidden way, that Tony now inherits. (If Hickman told Bendis about the son of Tesla, and Bendis was just waiting for the time he writes Iron Man himself, that is a long time to have brewing till it sees the light of day).
    Tony is not part elf. Malekith said that to mess with him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

If by sensational you mean terrible but in a notable way of it should be held up as something not to be done I agree with you

Nice pickup Habis. I don't know whether that story will be picked up on, but little trinkets like that make Tony an interesting boy. I can't say that Thor and Tony had that much in common, but if Tony's Thors son to some seniorita elf lady, that could be something out of left field. Thor is eons old.
    Naaaah! If they make Tony part Asgardian they will totally make him Loki's kid.

As a matter of fact, taking into account that Loki was known to take the shape of a girl and have children with mortal men in the myths, Tony could be the lovechild of Lady Loki and Doom/Tesla/Nathaniel Richards (your pick)... Or heck, the three of them could be the babydaddy... If Heimdall can have nine mothers, why shouldn't Tony have three daddies? It seems logistically easier...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-24-2016 at 09:37 AM.

BANNED

uh oh you will never be satisfied marvel until you have given every main character a retcon or revised background.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course he would, Doom put them there.

Meanwhile, back to Tony, I don't think a legacy character has been fucked around with THIS much since Peter Parker and all the clone bullshit from back in the 90's.
    She may not be a legacy character but Wanda. And what do they have in common?

I'm not sure if this has been said at all but what exactly is the possibility that the reveal is as simple as Tony's parents were just average people who gave their son up to the Stark's so he could live a better life then they could provide?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been said at all but what exactly is the possibility that the reveal is as simple as Tony's parents were just average people who gave their son up to the Stark's so he could live a better life then they could provide?
    Slim to none. Bendis is writing this.