Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
Between Cyborg, Vixen, Static, and Icon DC has plenty of black characters specifically that could anchor their own franchise on a streaming service or the big screen. And with Milestone back they quite frankly have no excuse not to make these types of projects. It's not like audiences are particularly biased against relative unknown characters. Shazam is one of the biggest heroes at DC and his movie barely made back its money.

Meanwhile hardly anyone (including many Marvel comics fans) knew who Black Panther was prior to 2016 and his movie obliterates Justice League's box office. The market is so democratized at this point that you can throw anyone a project and as long as the cast and creatives are strong it can work. Get an actor/actress and director with the interest and notoriety and people will watch damn near anything. We're in an era where Peacemaker is getting a TV show, I think the market can handle a Vixen show by Ava Duvernay.
I would hold off on saying Milestone characters, they still need to get their feet off the ground in the comics. With the recent Milestone Returns Zero there was a lot of mixed reception to Static’s new origin and depiction of the other characters and if they chose to implement those versions into the films I think it would be a bit more controversial. Cyborg and Vixen probably don’t have the allure for a film but maybe a streaming property, but the thing with them is they have no source material and have pretty much played supporting roles. Due to the failure of Justice League Cyborg was not elevated in popularity nor was Vixen with her animated properties and appearance on Legends Of Tomorrow. These characters will be risky and due to their low popularity they may be more hesitant or reticent to pursue them in any form.