Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Artist BORN to Draw the Comic(s) They Worked On!

But most of use have read many books and know what we like and don't, but their are those times in Comics where we just say to ourselves that THIS Artist was BORN to Draw this Comic Series!

Where just for few Issues or the whole of most of the serious, we all know those times when it just seemed an artist was above and beyond the Perfect Choose for this book and we could not think of anyone else to Do this book at all!

So what serious have you read that you felt the Artist was the one BORN/PERFECT Person to have Drawn this book, that it fit like a glove for them!?

For Me my 1st One is Kenneth Rocafort for the ANAD Ulitmates!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Tricky thread! I'd say that Mike Allred drawing Scott Lang in FF was a good match.

I'd say bot h Javier Rodriguez and Veronica Fish were meant to do Spider-Woman. And Javier will Crush Dr. Strange.

Stefano Caselli and Andres Mossa blew me away on All New In humans.

And Chris Samnee was always meant to draw Black Widow.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Declan Shalvey on Moon Knight. I never liked his style before but he brought such LIFE to Moon Knight. When he was on that book it was one of the most GORGEOUS comics on the shelf!

I also adore Miyazawa and Alphona on Ms Marvel. Each have a very different interpretation of the character but at the same time they both capture her essence PERFECTLY!
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

John Romita, Jr. and Ron Frenz for Spider-Man, Jim Lee for X-Men, Sal Buscema for the Hulk, Geof Isherwood for Doctor Strange, Mike Choi for X-23.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Mike Choi on X-23. Clayton Crain on X-Force. Carmine di Giandomenico on All New X-Factor. Joshua Middleton on NYX. Sana Takeda on X-23. Terry Dodson on Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do. Also shout outs to Jim Lee on X-Men and Byrne on Alpha Flight as their work as iconic.

More recently:

Casselli on All New Inhumans. Lashley on Uncanny X-Men. Stacey Lee on Silk. Walta on Vision.

Copiel should be the only one drawing Thor (the dude). and Russell Dauterman kind of brings Thor (Jane) to life.

Steve Epting on Cap.

Martin on Spidey.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Fantastic Member

Not Marvel, but Nicola Scott has talked about how she got into comics because she wanted to draw Wonder Woman.

George Perez -Avengers
    Walt Simonson -Thor
    John Romita Jr -Spider-Man
    Mike Zeck -Shang Chi
    Jim Starlin -Adam Warlock
    Klaus Jansen -Daredevil
    John Byrne -X-Men
    Jim Cheung -Young Avengers
    Chris Bachalo -Generation X

Good idea for a thread CJ! You inspire me to do a similar one.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Copiel should be the only one drawing Thor (the dude). and Russell Dauterman kind of brings Thor (Jane) to life.
    I agree with this on both aspects. Copiel just clicks with Odinson and Dauterman brings an essence to Jane Thor that is just unmatched.

I also have to go with Esad Ribic on the Ultimates and Thor as well. He brought the worlds and character to life!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I agree with this on both aspects. Copiel just clicks with Odinson and Dauterman brings an essence to Jane Thor that is just unmatched.

I also have to go with Esad Ribic on the Ultimates and Thor as well. He brought the worlds and character to life!
    Coipel is a good artist but I've never been a fan on how he draws Thor's face. He tends to draw him with a square head with a big forehead and a flat face.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good idea for a thread CJ! You inspire me to do a similar one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Jim Cheung -Young Avengers
    That is a Great Honor to Know it Inspired your other thread Marvell2100, Thanks for making your Thread and for particpating in this one!

Also, Without a Doubt Jim Cheung, Young Avengers, Especially The Children's Crusade was Pivotal in Making that Series Legendary IMO I can't put the words to it how important his work was in getting across to Fans, Especially Scarlet Witch Fans the Emotions of the Story he was Drawing and the History up to that Point!!!!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ron Lim- Silver Surfer
    George Perez- Avengers
    Jim Cheung- Young Avengers
    Jim Lee- X-Men