Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    The way I'm wired, as ever the optimist, doesn't leave much choice. There's really no alternative anyway, for me, as giving up on it would be tantamount to admitting defeat. So yes, I will continue to have faith in the goodwill of fate, AND humanity's capacity for it as well... winning out, in the end.
    May the Bright Lady shine upon you always!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    May the Bright Lady shine upon you always!
    You as well! And may we bask together in her glory, for all eternity!! If nothing else, I'm a FIRM believer in the universe's... checks & balances. Eventually, you're only gonna get back, what ya put in... AND ya gave out!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was implied that Cyclops was grooming her as his successor. It’s a shame no one followed up with that
    I thought he was grooming Cannnon Ball to succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    I thought he was grooming Cannnon Ball to succeed?
    Both had their arcs where Cyke took them under his wing, but in the latest New Mutants run, Dani did get the last nod before that all went to ****. I mean, where is Cannonball(and Sunspot, and Rogue) now?

.....with the Avengers....

The very people who destroyed Utopia.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Dani explaining her psychic arrows

BANNED

Holy... DEATH?! That just from her Mutant powers, tho, or is her Valkyrie stuff involved? That she can choose them to cause unconsciousness, pain, even healing, is just amazingly AWESOME - I LOVE it! Real good to know, thanX Havok83.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Holy... DEATH?! That just from her Mutant powers, tho, or is her Valkyrie stuff involved? That she can choose them to cause unconsciousness, pain, even healing, is just amazingly AWESOME - I LOVE it! Real good to know, thanX Havok83.
    Some of the dialogue may seem to blur the lines but I beleive thats her mutant powers. Her psychic arrows werent tied to her Valkyrie abilities. We've never really seen Dani been too ruthless but she'd have the potential to be dangerous if she wanted to be

BANNED

Some of the dialogue may seem to blur the lines but I beleive thats her mutant powers. Her psychic arrows werent tied to her Valkyrie abilities. We've never really seen Dani been too ruthless but she'd have the potential to be dangerous if she wanted to be
    It would make sense, 'cause I think any psi (Jean, Emma, Betts) could probably kill someone, if they really wanted too. I'm actually pretty sure that Jean already has, IIRC, when left with no other choice. What threw me off, was using the 'lifeforce' Brunnhilda gave her, that she talks about at the end. She is DEFINITELY just one of those characters, where the more you find out, the more you like her - I'm transfiXed!

I believe you’re correct. Dani had truly awesome mutant powers long before she ever heard of the Valkyries. Now it’s time for Marvel to quit stalling and give them back. Thirteen years is just too long.

One down, one to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I believe you’re correct. Dani had truly awesome mutant powers long before she ever heard of the Valkyries. Now it’s time for Marvel to quit stalling and give them back. Thirteen years is just too long.

One down, one to go.
    I co-sign this completely!!! Dani doesn't need her powers back, but she deserves them.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

I believe causing unconsciousness or death is definitely tied to her Mutant ability. However the "healing" aspect is probably more tied to Valkyrie power set, as she states the life force was given to her by Brunnhilda. So in that sense, perhaps she merged that life force with her mutant arrows to heal. I'd have to read the rest of the issue to understand the context.

Today's Generation X has me somewhat hopeful, we can get repowered Dani back. Let's hope Dani was included in Phoenix Resurrection for the right reasons. I'm hoping it's not just false hope.

So much to catch up on...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As for Dani's power, just a few pages ago we discussed the nature of her powers as shown in New Mutants #3, where the Brood Queen(using Charles's telepathy) used Dani's powers at their full capacity to actually conjure real monsters and things(a power that Simonson later revisited much later in the NM run). She's not just an illusionist, after all, she can actually make things out of nothing, which puts her on par if not exceeding what Scarlet Witch or Proteus can do.
    I have mixed feelings about those abilities. If they do give her back her full powers, I'd prefer it if there were major consequences to her making this solid. I love the idea that her illusions are as much holograms as psychic images, though. It means they'll be captured on cameras and could fool even people who have a resistance to psi powers.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I believe causing unconsciousness or death is definitely tied to her Mutant ability. However the "healing" aspect is probably more tied to Valkyrie power set, as she states the life force was given to her by Brunnhilda. So in that sense, perhaps she merged that life force with her mutant arrows to heal. I'd have to read the rest of the issue to understand the context.
    She might have meant psychological healing. Like the way she helped Warpath.

On the topic of costumes, I'd like to see her in one that has hints of her heritage but doesn't go over the top with it. I designed on a long time ago that I don't think I ever posted here. If I was doing it again, I'd fill the neckline in. (And there's supposed to be silver buckles with leather thongs on the boots. They just didn't show up in the pose.)

mooonstarredo.jpg

I don't know what would be a good codename for her. Someone suggested Dreamcatcher awhile back. It sounds perfect, but I think it's a Navajo and Ojibwa symbol, not Cheyenne.

Did I miss anything else in the recent discussion?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    ... She might have meant psychological healing. Like the way she helped Warpath. ...
    At first I was like, aw bummer, 'cause I really liked that healing part. But then I was like, oh yeah, that's right! And then I thought, makes sense, 'cause even with her illusions there's that dichotomy of fear AND desire. So, stands to reason if she could do one (hurt), she should be able to do the other (help).

So much to catch up on...

I have mixed feelings about those abilities. If they do give her back her full powers, I'd prefer it if there were major consequences to her making this solid. I love the idea that her illusions are as much holograms as psychic images, though. It means they'll be captured on cameras and could fool even people who have a resistance to psi powers. ...
    This indeed would make her VERY powerful. I think I might've already mentioned this before, but it's taken both Jean & Dazzler combining their abilities, to achieve something similar. And Jean obviously, as well as Dazz, individually... are DEFINITELY no slouches in the (power) 'feats' department. Solidifying her illusions could require her to eXert great concentration & energy to the point of eXhaustion, perhaps incapacitating her afterward, maybe? Like when psis travel to the astral plain & leave their bodies behind, in a vulnerable state. So that way, she can do it, but it comes with a risky price. Especially during battle, where she'll need protection, while engaged in the immense effort it takes.

... On the topic of costumes, I'd like to see her in one that has hints of her heritage but doesn't go over the top with it. I designed on a long time ago that I don't think I ever posted here. If I was doing it again, I'd fill the neckline in. (And there's supposed to be silver buckles with leather thongs on the boots. They just didn't show up in the pose.)

mooonstarredo.jpg...
    I agree with everything you said, Arachne, and really, REALLY like your design. After seeing it, and these since:

... I'm really likin' red on her, and leanin' towards it as the predominant color of her ideal costume. I've been checkin' on Lorna & Ali's fan art for quite a while, pretty regularly & routinely, so now just try & locate the most recent stuff. But I've only just started with Dani more or less, so I'll probably be droppin' A LOT of my favorite finds in here, in the coming days/weeks/months.

... I don't know what would be a good codename for her. Someone suggested Dreamcatcher awhile back. It sounds perfect, but I think it's a Navajo and Ojibwa symbol, not Cheyenne.

Did I miss anything else in the recent discussion?
    O. M. G. - I LOVE IT!!! You're right, it's perfect! Not just literally either, but with the more you find out & learn about it. Even tho it seems you're right about this: NativeTech.org, Dream Catchers & Native-Net.org, Native American Dream Catchers...

... I also found this: SacredCircle.in, The legend of the Dream Catcher (Cheyenne). So maybe it would be OK, but still think it'd be VERY important to make sure, in order to not offend in grievous error. I sure hope so, tho, 'cause it truly is the absolute BEST suggestion I've ever heard - just BEYOND flawless!

And I think you might've caught everything, but I'll have to check. This thread's been a lot more active lately, maybe even & just from her small appearance(s) in PhoeniX Resurrection, which is really encouraging. Imagine what would happen if she was appearing regularly, repowered, in an ongoing. IDK 'bout anybody else, but I'm seein'...

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-19-2018 at 10:40 AM.

BANNED