Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Dani didn't get it much better, she got stuck playin' "Danger-Prone" Daphne, the classic klutz & her EXACT opposite. LOL the hardest @ Wolfsbane tho, that's just priceless. Rahne just got elevated for me, with that, just too funny.
    It is! You should post those group pics in the New Mutants appreciation thread, they're great.

Don't think I ever talked about my theory of what happened to Dani between Asgard and X-Force. I feel like writing it down, so...

Near the beginning of the original X-Force, Sunspot was captured and experimented on by Gideon. I think he was supposed to die, but somehow Dani got wind of it and saved him. She was cast out of Asgard for it and found out that Roberto, as Reignfire, was going to bring about some kind of disaster, possibly the future from NM#48 or 49. Feeling responsible, she went undercover with the MLF to try and stop him.

Of course, this theory is based on X-Force 1-43. After that Sunspot got retconned out of being Reignfire, but it could still fit if Reignfire's creation could have been prevented by Roberto's death or if there's still a possibility of him going bad.

Re: DREAMCATCHER as a codename for Dani

O. M. G. - I LOVE IT!!! You're right, it's perfect! Not just literally either, but with the more you find out & learn about it. Even tho it seems you're right about this: NativeTech.org, Dream Catchers & Native-Net.org, Native American Dream Catchers...

... I also found this: SacredCircle.in, The legend of the Dream Catcher (Cheyenne). So maybe it would be OK, but still think it'd be VERY important to make sure, in order to not offend in grievous error. I sure hope so, tho, 'cause it truly is the absolute BEST suggestion I've ever heard - just BEYOND flawless!
    I made the DREAMCATCHER suggestion awhile back but might not have been the only person to do so.
    It seems perhaps a bit stereotypical and slightly longwinded but I still kinda dig it. Encompasses the dual areas of her psionic dream/nightmare focus.

BANNED

Your theory works for me, Arachne, and sounds more than plausible.

Thirteen, I cannot commend you (and/or others) enough, for coming up with the suggestion of Dreamcatcher. I hope it can pass the stereotype stigma test, 'cause I think it's perfect in EVERY way. Also LOVE that image you posted.

Here's more, first one from Whilce Portacio:

NeXt is a pic I found that I REALLY like A LOT, by graphic artist Alan L. Kaplan:

And lastly, a (new?) somewhat more Dani-like (IMO) shot of actress Blu Hunt (who's playin' her in the upcoming NM movie), that I (at least) haven't seen before:

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad she's going to have some type of presence in the upcoming New Mutants comic, but still wish she was being featured and used more in the X-line. Its time for her to be re-powered and be in the front lines.

BANNED

https://defenders.blogcrib.com/2017/...is-friendship/, art commissioned from @qtarts:

https://pppub.deviantart.com/art/Dan...sign-682157284:

And from http://chrispandart.tumblr.com/post/...-dani-moonstar, ummm...

... yeah... leaves me pretty much speechless... and BREATHLESS! 8P

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm glad she's going to have some type of presence in the upcoming New Mutants comic, but still wish she was being featured and used more in the X-line. Its time for her to be re-powered and be in the front lines.
    I was really hoping that she would be repowered by the end of the PR miniseries, but that’s looking unlikely now, and I’m so upset about that. Now I’m hoping she will get her powers back in the New Mutants mini somehow. (Jubes got hers back in a resurrected GenX, so I’m hoping that’s a pattern Marvel is gonna stick to).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I was really hoping that she would be repowered by the end of the PR miniseries, but that’s looking unlikely now, and I’m so upset about that. Now I’m hoping she will get her powers back in the New Mutants mini somehow. (Jubes got hers back in a resurrected GenX, so I’m hoping that’s a pattern Marvel is gonna stick to).
    I dont think there was ever a chance she'd be repowered in PR. That would just seem so odd and out of place when the sole focus should be on reintroducing Jean

BANNED

I did not know that, about her & the upcoming NM LS, how so? And agreed, she does need to get her Mutant abilities back ASAP, like yesterday. AND be a major player on a main X-team title, afterward. It's long past due, and I just don't understand WTF they're waitin' for, I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think there was ever a chance she'd be repowered in PR. That would just seem so odd and out of place when the sole focus should be on reintroducing Jean
    That’s true, but before GenX 86 I hoped the culmination of PR would be Jean, resurrected and in control of the Phoenix force, looking at Jubilee and Dani (and maybe a bunch of other depowered mutants) and saying “OK, time to fix this silly shit”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Y'know, I hadn't thought of that happening. I'm fine with her role not being too large if Rosenberg is planning on bringing her powers back. Finger crossed something like this happens in the mini!

I did not know that, about her & the upcoming NM LS, how so? And agreed, she does need to get her Mutant abilities back ASAP, like yesterday. AND be a major player on a main X-team title, afterward. It's long past due, and I just don't understand WTF they're waitin' for, I really don't.
    Rosenberg said that Moonstar would be involved eventually in the mini on Twitter. Not sure when, or how large a role, but she'll be appearing in it eventually.

That’s true, but before GenX 86 I hoped the culmination of PR would be Jean, resurrected and in control of the Phoenix force, looking at Jubilee and Dani (and maybe a bunch of other depowered mutants) and saying “OK, time to fix this silly shit”.
    That's what I was hoping too - though who knows what will happen in the 'New Mutants' mini?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

... Rosenberg said that Moonstar would be involved eventually in the mini on Twitter. Not sure when, or how large a role, but she'll be appearing in it eventually.
    ThanX, Soulsword323, good to know. Will be interested in seeing if it turns out to be anything substantial, or ends up being just more of a present & accounted for, like seemingly so much is these days.

An image I came across, with a somewhat younger take on Dani, that I thought might make for a nice animated version of the character:

Y'know, I hadn't thought of that happening. I'm fine with her role not being too large if Rosenberg is planning on bringing her powers back. Finger crossed something like this happens in the mini!

Rosenberg said that Moonstar would be involved eventually in the mini on Twitter. Not sure when, or how large a role, but she'll be appearing in it eventually.
    When was this though? I ask bc we saw Dani have a speaking role in issue 3. Was that what he was referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When was this though? I ask bc we saw Dani have a speaking role in issue 3. Was that what he was referring to?
    I was talking about New Mutants: Dead Souls by Rosenberg. Moonstar won't join the team, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see her, Sunspot, or Cannonball in the book according to Rosenberg. He might have said more about Moonstar on his Twitter, because I've know people have been asking, but I can't find anything else.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...37445604970498
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-30-2018 at 10:59 AM.

I was talking about New Mutants: Dead Souls by Rosenberg. Moonstar won't join the team, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see her, Sunspot, or Cannonball in the book according to Rosenberg. He might have said more about Moonstar on his Twitter, because I've know people have been asking, but I can't find anything else.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...37445604970498
    Thanks. Didnt realize he was writing that