View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Seconded. I have to hand it to Lobdell and Bachalo, though, for creating characters with truly original, bizarre powers... mostly related to their skin.

I find the New X-Brats whiny and entitled.
    I know man, you'd think they saw all their friends get killed in an exploding bus, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I know man, you'd think they saw all their friends get killed in an exploding bus, or something.
    People keep trotting out that tired short bus incident. They were whiny and entitled before the wiener roast and remained so after. You'd think seeing your friends get toasted would mature you a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

New X-Men but I accidentally voted for New Mutants.

Astonishing Member

I voted New Mutants, Generation X and JGS students. New Mutants was the one that made the "student team" idea what it is today. Generation X was the one that launched when I was first reading comics and what made me a fan of the concept. The JGS kids surprised me and brought me back into the concept. The fact that WatX made me like Quentin Quire really surprised me.

I liked the New X-Men before the Decimation but I never quite warmed up to it after that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    People keep trotting out that tired short bus incident. They were whiny and entitled before the wiener roast and remained so after. You'd think seeing your friends get toasted would mature you a little.
    Teenagers acting whiny and entitled... If I had a penny for everytime that happened. Also it's mostly Hellion and surge, everyone else had a better sense of humility and learned a lesson or two

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Teenagers acting whiny and entitled... If I had a penny for everytime that happened. Also it's mostly Hellion and surge, everyone else had a better sense of humility and learned a lesson or two
    Hellion had plenty of character development after the bus incident. I'd argue that Rockslide and Dust remained relatively the same characters afterwards.

I've always felt New X-Men kids, both before and after, were the only ones (I've currently read, still need to chong Gen X outside of AoA, don't lynch me) vaguely appearing like real teenagers. New Mutants, which I absolutely adore, had a tendency to pitch them as either older than they were (CC) or way younger (LS). The pre-bus petty dramas, looking at you Elixir, were fun and a nigh-accurate presentation of puberty and hormones (and pheromones, rip forever in our hearts) going wild. Gen Hope, JGS and NXS students never really got to explore their characters at the same level, but mostly I don't have too much problem with the age they're depicted as and act as-- more that they were just, often, really dull and uninteresting. Saying that I really grew to like the NXS kids, much more than JGS's, and think they're one of the most criminally under-appreciated aspects of the Bendis run. I'd have gladly had a NXS kids team book.

O5 doesn't count for me. It's never felt like a teen X-Men book (maybe a little bit more with Hopeless/Bagley, but not all that much more). Partially because it deals with something so big; it started off as the flagship X-Title of Now and i don't think it's ever been able to shake the baggage of an overall story. Everyone wants to know when they go back, not only because people dislike the O5 themselves, but because it's what makes the most narrative sense for an overarching plot-line. Following Todorov's narrative theory, where we have an equilibrium, conflict and new equilibrium, the O5 story feels very much stuck in the conflict part. The equilibrium was post-AvX, mutants are back, Cyclops is a revolutionary. The conflict presented to us was the All-New X-Men's arrival from the future. We haven't reached a New Equilibrium yet. Naturally, an argument can be made that the decision to stay was a new equilibrium, and in serialised comic books it's a struggle to apply any kind of narrative theory, but in terms of their presence in the marvel universe I still feel like we have a fundamentally unfinished story there.

tl;dr New X-Men yay All-New X-Men not yay

I picked the New Mutants. The first few years under Claremont were some well done books.
    I liked Generation X more because it spotlighted Banshee whom has always been a favorite of mine.
    The rest of the list I really don't remember much about.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Well maybe not Rockslide, also Hellion and Surge really needed to just get a room though I guess if Prodigy is anything to go by a relationship with Surge will put you off women forever.

Rockslide always just reminded me of that one friend the popular kids have that is really dumb but they keep him around because he's a hardcase who you want backing you up in a fight lol.
    Last edited by Moondoggie; 10-22-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Generation X all the way. Most interesting characters and storylines I've seen in any comic series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Hellion had plenty of character development after the bus incident. I'd argue that Rockslide and Dust remained relatively the same characters afterwards.
    Dust kind of got the short end character wise after the Kidpocalypse really she just existed to be the squeaky clean roommate of the edgy kid again and talk about her morals just switching out Surge for X-23
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

With the exception of Generation Hope and Cyclop's kids in UXM, there is WAY too much overlap between the kids introduced in the last decade or so. New X-men, Young X-men, JGS Xmen...they are all the same to me and for the most part they suck with some exceptions. Too many of them and they just kept making more. I liked my student body with defined rosters like we had with NM and GX

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Generation X for me, though I've only ever read the first 10 issues and was a teenager at the time it launched. Maybe the slim selection of Generation X that comiXology offers will go on a .99 cent sell by the time this new Generation X launches. I'll probably track down some New X-Men trades/HC to get acquainted with that roster.
    Gen X was great in the beginning but once Lobdell left circa issue 30, it went downhill fast and never fully recovered. It was alright when Faerber took over but it was nowhere near as amazing
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-22-2016 at 09:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Well maybe not Rockslide, also Hellion and Surge really needed to just get a room though I guess if Prodigy is anything to go by a relationship with Surge will put you off women forever.

Rockslide always just reminded me of that one friend the popular kids have that is really dumb but they keep him around because he's a hardcase who you want backing you up in a fight lol.
    Actually surge and Hellion would need a triple reinforced insulated room otherwise they'd blow it to pieces. They're also team metal hands!
    Also I never understood how did prodigy turned out to be gay... I sort of feel bad for Nori, did she ever found out about that?

All least I hope surge gets more screen time and Cyclops trains more teen leaders

Extraordinary Member

I was trying to vote New Mutants, but the page was screwy and clicked on things over an inch under where my mouse cursor was so one of those en X votes should be for the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With the exception of Generation Hope and Cyclop's kids in UXM, there is WAY too much overlap between the kids introduced in the last decade or so. New X-men, Young X-men, JGS Xmen...they are all the same to me and for the most part they suck with some exceptions. Too many of them and they just kept making more. I liked my student body with defined rosters like we had with NM and GX

Gen X was great in the beginning but once Lobdell left circa issue 30, it went downhill fast and never fully recovered. It was alright when Faerber took over but it was nowhere near as amazing
    That's what I keep hearing. I'll probably just pay for a month of Marvel Unlimited and read as much as I can.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children