Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
Didn't she spend two years developing the sequel?

Then Marvel just pulls the plug after 4 of the 6 issues were complete....

Good for her speaking out, she knows that Marvel won't hire her again after this but she did it anyway.
Yeah, it sucks to spend time on a project and have it yanked. Totally. But did Marvel do anything actually wrong? No.

We don't know the full details of why it was pulled and we probably never will. But Marvel clearly had their reasons. They're not in the business of throwing time, money and effort away so something about this book wasn't gelling the way they wanted it to.

Doesn't mean that Cain and her collaborators weren't doing good work, necessarily, but that it perhaps didn't jibe with Marvel's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
Are you serious? After Aud Koch pumped out 4 issues of art and Cain had 4 out of 6 issues already written??? As a creator, you should be pissed. And seeing a bunch of artists and writers echoing that same school of thought just goes to show that this isn't just her whining. It just isn't a great look on Marvel, and I haven't seen anyone condemn Cain for doing the equivalent of throwing her work in the trash. This was two years in the making, that's shitty of Marvel to decide that this isn't gonna work AFTER announcing it. They had about 24 issue of Champions to think about this, no excuse.
We don't know why Marvel cancelled it. Assuming it's simply a continuity issue seems flawed. That's something that could have been overcome fairly easily.

Think about it - Marvel paid the creatives involved in full for work that Marvel will never be able to recoup their investment on. No way they did it "just because" or due to it not lining up with other plans. I think they were just unsatisfied with it and decided to pull the plug.

Cain is within her rights to bitch about it but I think the wiser route would be to express disappointment and move on. Marvel isn't coming out and saying "we dropped it because it just wasn't cutting it" or that "hey, it sucked so bad it was better for us to cut our losses."

It's a difficult situation but it's always better to keep it as professional as possible.