Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New interview with the Allreds, promoting Forager, is up on Blastr.
    Same preview pages, but some interesting behind the scenes info.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Or Fritz Lang Metropolis, even.

Btw... I'd keep an eye out for Tom King's upcoming New Gods series. I'm wondering if it will be keeping Cosmic Odyssey in canon, as well.
    Okay, now you've got my attention DC. I thought Deathstroke would be the only DC title I bought.

I understand why Forager will be meeting Dan Garrett Blue Beetle. Kirby drew the comic for a while (under a pseudonym). But I would love to see him meet Jaime Reyes.

I really liked the first issue. It had that Silver Age craziness that the Allred's have become so great at recreating. Forager is such a great character. Witty yet self deprecating. Seems like Bug will be meeting up with a different Kirby character (or character that Kirby drew at some point) in every issue. really hope he lands in "the world that's coming..." and meets up with the original OMAC! From the splash page it seems like that's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really liked the first issue. It had that Silver Age craziness that the Allred's have become so great at recreating. Forager is such a great character. Witty yet self deprecating. Seems like Bug will be meeting up with a different Kirby character (or character that Kirby drew at some point) in every issue. really hope he lands in "the world that's coming..." and meets up with the original OMAC! From the splash page it seems like that's a possibility.
    I haven't got the comic, yet, but I did put it in my wishlist for later. Trying to debate on getting it now or waiting until I'm caught up on Doom Patrol.
    But I wonder if the Christmas card he finds in the first few pages of the preview is a clue, as it mentions a 'Buddy Blankenship'.

Bug Review:

I want to be apart of the Allred family...... Everyones favorite Mormons.

I am so excited for this book I just can't believe it. Gotta put it on my pull list at the shop!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I love these books that are big love letters to Kirby's work. Didio and Giffen's OMAC definitely comes to mind. This one will feature a different Kirby DC character in every issue. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I haven't got the comic, yet, but I did put it in my wishlist for later. Trying to debate on getting it now or waiting until I'm caught up on Doom Patrol.
    But I wonder if the Christmas card he finds in the first few pages of the preview is a clue, as it mentions a 'Buddy Blankenship'.
    My recommendation is if you don't start Bug now, go with Doom Patrol. Reading DP first and then starting Bug will probably leave you with two or three issues together and then you're stuck waiting for a single issue to show up after having had a multiple issue start.

And I do think Blankenship is some sort of foreshadowing. The series looks to be a Kirby100 celebration and what's a Kirby DC party without a one man army corps?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love these books that are big love letters to Kirby's work. Didio and Giffen's OMAC definitely comes to mind. This one will feature a different Kirby DC character in every issue. Can't wait!
    Really? I didn't know this! That makes me really excited. I can't wait for the issue when Etrigan guest stars.

Spectacular Member

Really fun first issue, was abit hard to follow at first but with what happened in the issue, I guess that was Allreds' whole point. The throwback to Cosmic Odyssey was nice, was good to see that was still canon.

I loved this issue! Call him Forager, call him Bug, I don't care! It was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Really? I didn't know this! That makes me really excited. I can't wait for the issue when Etrigan guest stars.
    They've not announced an issue with Etrigan yet. I'm somewhat surprised, but this does look to be using Kirby's more obscure characters. Issue 2 has the Losers, Sandman & Sandy and the Dan Garrett Blue Beetle while issue 3 has Atlas. Manhunter looks like he's showing up too, which is nice considering that is by far the least known of Kirby and Simon's DC contributions.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Bug! #1 is the best comic DC has made in the last 9 years, you know what it is. Give the Allreds (and Weisman) the keys to the DCU!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Bug! #1 is the best comic DC has made in the last 9 years, you know what it is. Give the Allreds (and Weisman) the keys to the DCU!
    Lol.
    Heads would explode.
    And I would go broke.