Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Logan does see himself as Laura's Dad, doesn't he? Which makes him Gabby's as well. Certainly, sending Laura to Avengers Academy was a fatherly decision - he wanted Laura to hang out with kids her own age instead of X-Force or the X-Men. After Arena, she then became sixth ranger to the time displaced O5, who were working under one of Logan's former sidekicks, Kitty, who is certainly someone Logan trusts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    The inevitable Logan/Gabby scenes will be gold!
    I agree! I can't wait to see how those scenes play out. Gabby is just so different from Laura. She's so upbeat, giddy, and innocent. I don't know how Logan will handle that, but I think he'll have a memorable reaction to say the least.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree! I can't wait to see how those scenes play out. Gabby is just so different from Laura. She's so upbeat, giddy, and innocent. I don't know how Logan will handle that, but I think he'll have a memorable reaction to say the least.
    Oddly enough for someone like Logan, he seems to take much more readily to “upbeat and innocent” than “quiet and brooding”, which could explain why his relationships with Jubes and Kitty turned out one way, and his relationship with Laura seems to be turning out another. If history is an indicator, he’ll take to Gabby like a duck to water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    The inevitable Logan/Gabby scenes will be gold!
    She'll be a great counterbalance to the doom and gloom in Logan's life. Even though we're all a bit tired of the Wolverines taking over the MU, I think a mini or something that brings together Logan, Laura, Gabby, Daken, Victor and (reluctantly) Jimmy would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Gabby thought of Old Man Logan as her grandfather of sorts, and it wasn't clear if it was because of his age or not. Not sure if that would apply to a younger Logan or not. I suspect that it'll depend on how they hit it off when they meet. For example, Logan doesn't seem to consider the Kinney's family to him even if Laura does; the same could apply to Gabby.
    I assume that was more of an age thing. It is confusing though. If we're to consider Laura + Gabby as sisters, and Laura as Logan's daughter, then theoretically Logan is her father too. I suppose in this weird fictional scenario it depends on how they define the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Oddly enough for someone like Logan, he seems to take much more readily to “upbeat and innocent” than “quiet and brooding”, which could explain why his relationships with Jubes and Kitty turned out one way, and his relationship with Laura seems to be turning out another. If history is an indicator, he’ll take to Gabby like a duck to water.
    I think oftentimes we're drawn to people who aren't like us because a) we find them interesting and b) because they are strong where we are weak or vice versa. Some of Logan's closest friends are Jean, Ororo, Piotr & Kurt, all idealistic positive individuals (most of the time). It does also explain why he was so fond of Jubes, Kitty, Armor & Pixie, despite being very gruff around them at times. So yes, I'm sure Gabby will bring some joy to Logan's life. I could see there being some potential conflict over him disagreeing with Gabby being an active X-Man though, given she's just a child.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I assume that was more of an age thing. It is confusing though. If we're to consider Laura + Gabby as sisters, and Laura as Logan's daughter, then theoretically Logan is her father too. I suppose in this weird fictional scenario it depends on how they define the relationship.
    Cloning does make the family tree wonky, so I think I'd put more stock in what the character's decide, esp. since the lines get easily blurred; for example, Laura and Gabby are traditionally considered siblings, however, there is a parental element there as well, in that Laura is also the primary caregiver and de facto guardian (it might be akin to a sibling taking custody of a younger one when the parents are out of the picture, a la Lilo and Stich, but in a few things, like the guest appearance in Hawkeye, Laura seemed to act a little more like a parent than an older sibling).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Cloning does make the family tree wonky, so I think I'd put more stock in what the character's decide, esp. since the lines get easily blurred; for example, Laura and Gabby are traditionally considered siblings, however, there is a parental element there as well, in that Laura is also the primary caregiver and de facto guardian (it might be akin to a sibling taking custody of a younger one when the parents are out of the picture, a la Lilo and Stich, but in a few things, like the guest appearance in Hawkeye, Laura seemed to act a little more like a parent than an older sibling).
    Well, Gabby's maturity level is really that of a much younger girl considering she was rapid-aged to her current level of physical development, so I think that does have an effect on how their relationship comes across.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, Gabby's maturity level is really that of a much younger girl considering she was rapid-aged to her current level of physical development, so I think that does have an effect on how their relationship comes across.
    Yeah, she's got the smarts and the mouth of a high school student, the fighting skills of a special forces soldier, but the maturity of a 6-year-old.

BANNED

Well. Today's X-Men Red dropped a minor little bombshell about Gabby.

spoilers:
    From a line of dialogue with Jean she may turn out to be bi or gay, as she's apparently confused by feelings she had a for a girl she met on a bus. Taylor was already asked about it on Twitter, and has acknowledged this isn't just a one-off remark and will be coming up again.
    end of spoilers

That, I'm sure, is going to get people talking.

Well. Today's X-Men Red dropped a minor little bombshell about Gabby.

spoilers:
    From a line of dialogue with Jean she may turn out to be bi or gay, as she's apparently confused by feelings she had a for a girl she met on a bus. Taylor was already asked about it on Twitter, and has acknowledged this isn't just a one-off remark and will be coming up again.
    end of spoilers

That, I'm sure, is going to get people talking.
    spoilers:
    :O this is gonna be so great! I wonder how sexuality works with clones and their "creators." Like how does this affect Laura?
    I mean Taylor DID like a tweet asking if Laura is Bi. And looks like Gabby's a big fan of Trinary!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    :O this is gonna be so great! I wonder how sexuality works with clones and their "creators." Like how does this affect Laura?
    I mean Taylor DID like a tweet asking if Laura is Bi. And looks like Gabby's a big fan of Trinary!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    As I see it, we already know that Gabby isn't a "perfect" clone, since whatever parts of the X-Gene that determine how many claws she has and where they're located were altered. So it's not impossible that whatever genes are ultimately responsible for one's sexuality were unintentionally altered in the process (I'd kind of prefer they went that route in the interests of differentiating her more from Laura, by keeping Laura unambiguously straight).

And I can't wait for the inevitable backlash accusing Taylor of SJW posturing.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As I see it, we already know that Gabby isn't a "perfect" clone, since whatever parts of the X-Gene that determine how many claws she has and where they're located were altered. So it's not impossible that whatever genes are ultimately responsible for one's sexuality were unintentionally altered in the process (I'd kind of prefer they went that route in the interests of differentiating her more from Laura, by keeping Laura unambiguously straight).

And I can't wait for the inevitable backlash accusing Taylor of SJW posturing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    *There’s only backlash like that when they change a character that’s supposed to be straight as a flagpole.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    spoilers:
    *There’s only backlash like that when they change a character that’s supposed to be straight as a flagpole.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You must not read many comments sections. It happens with new characters, too. Can't tell you how often I've seen new character reveals highlighted with snide remarks of the "And they'll be a black transexual muslim homosexual!" variety.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    You must not read many comments sections. It happens with new characters, too. Can't tell you how often I've seen new character reveals highlighted with snide remarks of the "And they'll be a black transexual muslim homosexual!" variety.
    end of spoilers
    Doesn't have to be new characters either. Carol Danvers getting another book is also apparently proof that Marvel's gone too PC.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And those comments are typically typed as a joke about Marvel’s overly PC Legacy characters such as Ironheart or Amadeus Cho Hulk.
    end of spoilers

Not too surprised Taylor did that to Gabby