Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

^^^

He hasn't been mentallly alive for 252 years. He only spent a few days in 1973 and went right back to 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Stein224 View Post
    Here are my thoughts.

Spoilers:

1. My biggest issue with the story was the movie not setting up the Westchester incident at the beginning of the film. See, the accident was alluded to on the radio, but what happened was that Xavier had a seizure and killed the entire school for the gifted. All the original X-Men died with the children; it’s messed up stuff. They're all being pulled out in body bags, and Logan is the only one to survive. Xavier is classified as a National threat. The rest were killed off by food dyes that suppressed the mutant gene. That's what should've opened the film. It would literally be a scene of Xavier having the seizure and everyone dying. We obviously see the year it happened on the screen.

The movie now flashes forward to Logan waking up in his car to the sound of noise, and the year is displayed. Now, we see Logan is taking care of the man who accidentally killed the love of his life and his entire circle of friends/ family, whom he worked so hard to bring back in Days of Future Past. Mind you, he watched them all die already in Days of Future Past; he had to watch Gray die twice, and he's been alive mentally for almost 252 years since he had to go back in time and start the whole thing over again in Days of Future Past. Xavier can't remember a thing, and Logan has to live with the consequences.

2. The villain. He was so boring that I wanted to punch the writer. I wish. I wish that the villain was a brother of one of Xavier's students, and he's out for blood after Xavier killed his baby sister or brother. And, right about as the villain is about to kill Xavier, Xavier remembers what happened and accepts his death; he gets shot right through the head in the middle of an open field, and that's what would push Logan over the edge. This should've been a revenge story on the side of Donald Pierce. Every action has its consequences, and Xavier's actions didn't really get any backlash from any of the characters.

These villains had no depth or motivation like the villains in Days of Future past, and there's no context for the events that are occurring in this film. Imagine if Pierce would've joined the group he joined just so he could get the chance to kill Xavier. He's been waiting years for this. He did unspeakable things, and he's lost his way becoming something he's not. Instead, he's just a bumbling, flat idiot of a villain.

Logan was a mess. Context and attention to detail are everything in a film such as this. Films are also like a roller coaster, and this film just coasts; it could've been launched into space with the Westchester incident.

My final issue is that this movie was so many things. It was a story of redemption, a message on immigration and a buddy road trip. It was too much stuff going on at once, and it couldn't focus on the central issue. This movie had literal ADD unlike Days of Future Past, which is was perfect IMO. I don't know why people like this film, but it simply pisses me off how good this film could've been.
    Welcome to the forum. An interesting first post.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GizmotheStark89 View Post
    I don't agree at all. From a fan perspective that's a fun idea, but for what Logan was trying to do, it would have been a misstep imo. It would have unnecessarily tied Logan explicitly to Origins, which is widely consider one of the worst comic book films ever. So such a strong connection would have been a distraction. I also think it would have taken away from the more intimate tone of the film by taking screen time away from Logan, Charles and Laura. Not saying Sabertooth being the big bad in the film couldn't have worked, I just can't think of an angle that would have worked for me personally.
    The film is already tied to Origins. Where you think the adamantium bullet came from? I don't think Sabretooth would have taken any scenes away. Donald Pierce should have been a major character but he was just an elite mook.

All-New Member

@Killercroc357, thank you! I just needed to get it off my chest.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    ^^^

He hasn't been mentallly alive for 252 years. He only spent a few days in 1973 and went right back to 2024.
    You're probably right. My mistake.

Saw it i really liked it. Loved that they managed to tske a very dark movie and insert hilarious scenes in it. Like i didnt know if i should laugh or cry when Logans beating the car with the shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Saw it i really liked it. Loved that they managed to tske a very dark movie and insert hilarious scenes in it. Like i didnt know if i should laugh or cry when Logans beating the car with the shovel.
    The people in the theater I went to laughed. It's quite to mood whiplash to go from Logan keeping himself from breaking down emotionally after burying his friend to beating on a car in a comical fashion.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 03-06-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The people in the theater I went to laughed. It's quite to mood whiplash to go from Logan keeping himself from breaking down emotionally after burying your friend to beating on a car in a comical fashion.
    Same in my theater but as your laughing your also watching logan come completely undone. That scene wouldnt have been the same without the excessive use of the f word.

I feel like this movie handled everyones death pretty well, i feel like even Caliban had more emotional impact then most superhero movie deaths. Xavier s was heart breaking even b4 he gets killed and wolverines was solid aswell. Sad after everything he did for the world xavier ended up in a shallow unmarked grave in the woods. Wolverine being burried like that fits with the charatcer.

Same in my theater but as your laughing your also watching logan come completely undone. That scene wouldnt have been the same without the excessive use of the f word.

I feel like this movie handled everyones death pretty well, i feel like even Caliban had more emotional impact then most superhero movie deaths. Xavier s was heart breaking even b4 he gets killed and wolverines was solid aswell. Sad after everything he did for the world xavier ended up in a shallow unmarked grave in the woods. Wolverine being burried like that fits with the charatcer.
    i thought Calibans death was stupid.

It was the other "comic booky" moment in a movie that stayed away from it. There was no reason to drop a one liner there that gave Elite Mook Dude time to escape.

It would have fit with the movie more for him to grab the grenades, contemplate for a second what it means, adn then pull the pins.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i thought Calibans death was stupid.

It was the other "comic booky" moment in a movie that stayed away from it. There was no reason to drop a one liner there that gave Elite Mook Dude time to escape.

It would have fit with the movie more for him to grab the grenades, contemplate for a second what it means, adn then pull the pins.
    To each theyre own but i appreciated the turn about, and the redemption for Caliban. And i dont think it was as comic booky as him fighting a younger feral version of himself. But even that comicy bookyness served a purpose and had a deeper meaning. I dont think this movie is grabbing any oscar noms. But all the same still thought it was amazing

To each theyre own but i appreciated the turn about, and the redemption for Caliban. And i dont think it was as comic booky as him fighting a younger feral version of himself. But even that comicy bookyness served a purpose and had a deeper meaning. I dont think this movie is grabbing any oscar noms. But all the same still thought it was amazing
    I think you misunderstood me a touch.

Caliban's death was fine. The comic booky way it happened, with a one liner, was dumb and out of place.

The other comic booky thing I hated was Dr. Bad Guy monologuing to Logan at the end, for no real reason, other than to give Logan time to kill him.

I mean, I didn't particularly care for X24 but it fit the tone of the movie. The two things above reallyd idn't.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I didn't read Caliban's death as anything but suicide. Being true his character, which was more of a pacifist, he would have wanted to warn the guys to get out of the van. His main goal was to remove those guy's ability to track mutants down.

Anyway, the movie was amazing from start to finish. Very bleak, overall, but it somehow managed to have some lighthearted moments too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think you misunderstood me a touch.

Caliban's death was fine. The comic booky way it happened, with a one liner, was dumb and out of place.

The other comic booky thing I hated was Dr. Bad Guy monologuing to Logan at the end, for no real reason, other than to give Logan time to kill him.

I mean, I didn't particularly care for X24 but it fit the tone of the movie. The two things above reallyd idn't.
    One liners arent comic booky thats just an action film trope and i thought this one was well done. And i didnt mind the rice talking to Wolverine because the point was to tell you this guys father was a member of the weapon x team. And it was a funny exchange. Should he just have had wolverine shot on site of course but i had no problem with the the conversation it finished up the world building and answered some questions. He should offered wolverine more of that MGH to just walk away. Then his willingness to talk with him woulda had a purpose other then to service the plot.

action film trope is better way to put it.

IDK, it was just kinda dumb. They just said he won't survive getting blown apart... so lets chat with him! This didn't go wrong the first time we decided to chat with him!

Oh btw, does anyone know where the little girl murder machine is at? Since she isn't with the rest of the kids... should we worry abotu that at all? There is no way she can slaughter us all again like last time! Nope, no issue, lets talk to old man dying logan instead!

Like I said, not a big deal, just felt out of place in this film.

I thought Caliban dying before Logan learned he was still alive kinda sucked. He never got the chance to save the guy. If his powers wasn't decaying I'm sure he would have smelled him near by when the Reavers showed up at the farm.