Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    He legally adopted her as his daughter, so there's that. And her origin book establishes she's not truly a clone, anyway.
    Where was she adopted?

She's not technically a clone bc the she doesnt have a Y chromosome but for all intents and purposes she is bc all her genetic material comes form him since she has 2 Xs derived from him. Thats why I said she'd be closer to a genetic sister as opposed to a genetic identical twin (which true clones would be)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where was she adopted?

She's not technically a clone bc the she doesnt have a Y chromosome but for all intents and purposes she is bc all her genetic material comes form him since she has 2 Xs derived from him. Thats why I said she'd be closer to a genetic sister as opposed to a genetic identical twin (which true clones would be)

It was mentioned in flashback during the Liu series, though exactly WHEN was never established. Regardless, Laura herself has come to see Logan as her father, not just a genetic template.

In the canon has 2 mutants always produced a mutant kid, or could the kid still come out like a regular old human?

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    In the canon has 2 mutants always produced a mutant kid, or could the kid still come out like a regular old human?
    Graydon Creed (son of Sabretooth and Mystique) was human, and very antimutant.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Not much baby making on the mutant front.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    Not much baby making on the mutant front.
    Well, to be fair, Kittylossus isn’t married yet, and neither Jonolee nor Dompath have been together that long yet, so...

Just give it time. And wine. And Barry White.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

It is a catch 22 because unless we get Xaviers Daycare for Gifted Youngsters,
    the parents roles have to change, yes they can still have adventures but their
    priorities obliviously have to shift. The New X-Men generation are at the age
    where their hormones are still raging & no longer in the "teen mom" category.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    David Haller a.k.a. Legion is the son of Charles Xavier and Gabrielle Haller. He's in his twenties now, but still...
    New Mutants #25 Mar 1985
    First appearance of Legion (cameo).
    Moira MacTaggert's "private research" notes

Script by Chris Claremont, art by Bill Sienkiewicz
    I wish there were more kids in general, and especially mixed human-mutant children --much more interesting.
    Agreed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    It is a catch 22 because unless we get Xaviers Daycare for Gifted Youngsters,
    the parents roles have to change, yes they can still have adventures but their
    priorities obliviously have to shift. The New X-Men generation are at the age
    where their hormones are still raging & no longer in the "teen mom" category.
    Not only that but there's a catch 22 for another reason.I've noticed they only give parenthood roles to the 'adults' it's always Jean,Scott ,Emma the rest like Jubilee it's just a fun concept to try.You never see the likes of Rogue or Illyana or even Psyloche having that kind of story where they are faced with prospect of parenthood.I suspect it is more about staying in 'charcter' i.e wild ,free, strong that somehow being a parent seems to taint the image of the character(although it is an absurd notion) . I suspect this will go on for a long time

I am really EXPECTING to see this tried out in this DoX era. It was basically mandated as a cultural good to "Make more mutants". And while yes, I expect plenty of cloning shenanigans and resurrections as well, it's also very much in the spirit of nation-building to see actual procreation occurring. Some of these characters have talked for ages about wanting to "settle down" and have "real lives". Now they have that opportunity more so than ever. So if we don't see at least a few legit in universe mutant babies happen for an A list character or two I'm going to consider it a copout by the writers.

As for who, my bet was on Gambit and Rogue, but Tini decided to bury that storyline for whatever reason. Apparently it was too obvious.

I feel like we have enough Summers/Grey and Wolverine kiddos.

I think Kurt is down, but doesn't have a significant other. Small detail.

Possibly Northstar and Kyle? That will take some cloning or surrogacy though.

As for young mutant kids already in existence:

Josiah, Cannonball and Smasher's son.

Davey, Layla Miller and Jaime Madrox's baby.

Maggie, Meggan and Brian's daughter.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I am really EXPECTING to see this tried out in this DoX era.
    I see what you did there!

Yeah, they’re all sure dragging their feet about the whole ‘Make More Mutants’ edict. But this is the same group of braintrusts who thought a tacky tiki bar would get everyone in the mood.

This poses an interesting question: When you're a deathless immortal like Krakoans currently are, what is the point of even rushing to have children? You're going to be around until at least the heat-death of the universe, so they could have adventures for millions of years before children pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This poses an interesting question: When you're a deathless immortal like Krakoans currently are, what is the point of even rushing to have children? You're going to be around until at least the heat-death of the universe, so they could have adventures for millions of years before children pop up.
    They haven't resurrected everyone yet. If you add children in the mix…

Anyway, making children is having the risk to have a human baby unlike resurrections.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The first baby born on Krakoa turns out to be a "flatscan" would really dampen the mood and probably by a democratic vote would be force off the island lol

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't really care for kid characrers but a couple of exceptions are Rachel and Talia.

Talia Kurts AU daughter. Its not just because she is the daughter of my favorite character, she actually has a likable and interesting personality and story.