Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 164
  1. #46
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Man, this is a fantastic development, can't wait to see this!

  2. #47
    Spectacular Member seusilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    One thing I really like from this forum is that people usually really like the characters, really read the stories - almost any topic here you can have a civilized discussion (i clicked the link from IGN and the comments are really harsh, full of random people...same on twitter).
    That being said, what do you guys think the story will be? The word "rise" makes me think that the plot can revolve more about Darkness Calls/Wild Hunt than the epic end of Storm/Fury (maybe another movie?).

  3. #48
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    One thing I really like from this forum is that people usually really like the characters, really read the stories - almost any topic here you can have a civilized discussion (i clicked the link from IGN and the comments are really harsh, full of random people...same on twitter).
    That being said, what do you guys think the story will be? The word "rise" makes me think that the plot can revolve more about Darkness Calls/Wild Hunt than the epic end of Storm/Fury (maybe another movie?).
    I think "Rise" could mean the beginning or origin movie. But it could mean something completely different too
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Jim Cheung, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters, it's the person."--The Doctor

    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever! --Isaiah 40:8

  4. #49
    All-New Member Gruagach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    One thing I really like from this forum is that people usually really like the characters, really read the stories - almost any topic here you can have a civilized discussion (i clicked the link from IGN and the comments are really harsh, full of random people...same on twitter).
    That being said, what do you guys think the story will be? The word "rise" makes me think that the plot can revolve more about Darkness Calls/Wild Hunt than the epic end of Storm/Fury (maybe another movie?).
    Been wondering about that myself. It seems like it may be difficult to pack that whole story into one movie. That being said, I'm hoping this will be a stand alone film, and not just build up to a sequel. If they do make it one film, I'm curious where the sequel will go. This story was Hellboy's final outing on earth. Could we be getting a Hellboy in Hell movie in the future?

    I've also been wondering what other characters we may be seeing in this. Characters like Abe, Liz, Roger aren't featured in Darkness calls-The Fury. I've got my fingers crossed for Gruagach. I think he'd look awesome on screen.

  5. #50

    Default

    Here's a little more info about the reboot, particularly using practical effects as much as possible over CGI and what an R rating might allow them to do:

    http://screenrant.com/hellboy-reboot...-neil-marshal/

  6. #51
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Here's a little more info about the reboot, particularly using practical effects as much as possible over CGI and what an R rating might allow them to do:

    http://screenrant.com/hellboy-reboot...-neil-marshal/
    I'm hoping it's R rated the way Mad Max Fury Road was, it's not afraid to show blood but it's not a gorefest like Evil Dead or something.

  7. #52
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    73

    Default

    New superb poster!


  8. #53
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Wow, 2018 is much sooner than I expected.

  9. #54
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Ian McShane cast as Professor Bruttenholm. Awesome news!

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...reboot-1025853

  10. #55
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    John Hurt was perfectly cast as Bruttenholm, but McShane might give him a run for his money

  11. #56
    Incredible Member Kees_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Mike Mignola (excellently) interviewed by The Verge "on the future of his shared universe, and the film reboot":

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/3/16...mics-interview

    Apparently "shared universe" is such a buzzword or hot-button because ten billion websites such as CBR quickly follow with stuff like this >sigh...< :

    http://www.cbr.com/mignola-hellboy-cinematic-universe/

    Oh well.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriť / Dr. Pepper

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Mike Mignola (excellently) interviewed by The Verge "on the future of his shared universe, and the film reboot":

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/3/16...mics-interview

    Apparently "shared universe" is such a buzzword or hot-button because ten billion websites such as CBR quickly follow with stuff like this >sigh...< :

    http://www.cbr.com/mignola-hellboy-cinematic-universe/

    Oh well.
    Ha. I had a similar reaction. I roll my eyes at all the click-baity news articles that spring up out of a single paragraph of someone else's interview.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member Kees_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Ha. I had a similar reaction. I roll my eyes at all the click-baity news articles that spring up out of a single paragraph of someone else's interview.
    Yes, although for the Mignolaverse stuff usually just gets reposted with maintaining the courtesy of linking to the original feature, which is obviously not a problem, ...until there's 'movies' involved.

    And the above-mentioned CBR feature even deems it necessary to distort what was said into something that wasn't actually said in the interview.
    No WAIT, it's in the final line, which is made into the headline.

    Oh well.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-07-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriť / Dr. Pepper

  14. #59
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    Ian McShane cast as Professor Bruttenholm. Awesome news!

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...reboot-1025853
    That's an interesting choice, I wonder how it'll play.

  15. #60
    Mighty Member Angilasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    McShane's casting is the first piece of news about the project so far that I like without reservation. He's fantastic in everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •