BANNED

Default Storm is called Blue in BPatC because of her beautiful blue black skin

Black Panther and The Crew #2 explained why Storm was called blue and it was because of her beautiful blue-black skin?!?

I remember the cover of Storm #11 ongoing solo by Stephanie Hans because it kinda looked like Storm has blue black skin.

I'm not sure if I have to believe it. But if blue black skin is a normal skin color, which country/place?

Or maybe I should just theorized that because she was hinted as a mixture of all races would explain why she has blue black skin.

BANNED

She has been retconned into being half Kree on her dad's side.
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-14-2017 at 04:24 AM.

All-New Member

On a slightly unrelated note, black people aren't called black in the Irish language; they're called blue (gorm). This is because 'the black man' (an fearr dubh) was another name for a devilesque figure, like Mr. Scratch.

BANNED

I've searched through google and I was able to find out that Krishna, the God of Compassion, Tenderness, Love and Beauty, has dark blue skin.

Krishna is an Aryan, denoting Indo-Iranian.

Her skin is not literally blue. Blue black or deep black a term for people who are really dark almost to the point that they have a glow to them. The model Khoudia Diop is an example of someone considered "blue black". I personally find it attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by DUSt View Post
    On a slightly unrelated note, black people aren't called black in the Irish language; they're called blue (gorm). This is because 'the black man' (an fearr dubh) was another name for a devilesque figure, like Mr. Scratch.
    I read somewhere once that the Vikings used to describe Africans as "Blaumenn" or blue men.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Her skin is not literally blue. Blue black or deep black a term for people who are really dark almost to the point that they have a glow to them. The model Khoudia Diop is an example of someone considered "blue black". I personally find it attractive.
    Yes, that is my shared perspective as well. I cannot speak for African culture, but for African American culture, especially for my generation and the one preceding it, "blue black" referred to skin tone that was very rich and deep in pigmentation; beyond black. Of course, the term was also often used in a pejorative sense up until around the late 1980s when people began to really embrace dark skin. And I, for one, am glad that the cultural perception evolved. "The blacker the berry...."

Oddly enough, comic colorists often used blue or grey to highlight black. For the longest time as a kid I thought that BP was more blue than black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

At least they didn't call her purple.

When I read issue one, I thought it was because of her blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    When I read issue one, I thought it was because of her blue eyes.
    That's what I thought.

Characteristics
    Gender Female
    Height 5' 11"
    Weight 145 lbs (66 kg)
    Eyes Blue
    Hair White
    Unusual Features Eyes retain a bio-luminescent cast when actively using her mutant ability, and appear fully white, vertically-slitted pupils. When she was a vampire she had red eyes, fangs and claws

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ororo_Munroe_(Earth-616)
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Incredible Member

Interesting.

In Hindu mythology, Lord Vishnu (the god of preservation, and one of the most widely worshipped gods) and his avatars (Ram and Krishna) have also been portrayed as blue-skinned in various imagery, because blue was a way to signify their shade of duskiness.

Some things are universal!

This is the only answer.

I can't believe people even need this explained to them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    This is the only answer.

I can't believe people even need this explained to them.
    You can't? Don't go giving them the benefit of the doubt.