Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

An origin villain actually makes less sense since Storm isn't the hero of that tale.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Have you asked how many people know that he is a comic book character ?.

And anyways tell me, who is Storm's archenemy ?, the main villain of her movie ?.

Well, Man of Steel showed that is actually hard to do a good Superman movie.

And Wonder Woman doesnt have ranged attacks; and in this universe, she doesnt even fly.
    .........um....what?

Incredible Member

Hmmm.....if Marvel had her movie rights, she could've been the Wonder Woman of the Marvel Universe....arguably should still be that.

Anyway, I would think it would have to be in a Morlock like story. Since the Gambit movie is still actually in production, she can be introduced there. Maybe even shown in the upcoming Black Panther movie as an easter egg. I figure a Morlock Story would be passable enough. You'd have he not "pretty" mutants there led by Calypso with octopus tendrils in a fight with Storm.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    .........um....what?
    I was wondering the same thing. As far as I know, WW has been able to glide or fly in some shape/form since around 1959. It's the golden age WW who couldn't fly and was dependent on her invisible plane. I imagine anyone who has been reading her since the 60s would know that she has the power of flight, even if it has been limited or rarely depicted.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Hmmm.....if Marvel had her movie rights, she could've been the Wonder Woman of the Marvel Universe....arguably should still be that.

Anyway, I would think it would have to be in a Morlock like story. Since the Gambit movie is still actually in production, she can be introduced there. Maybe even shown in the upcoming Black Panther movie as an easter egg. I figure a Morlock Story would be passable enough. You'd have he not "pretty" mutants there led by Calypso with octopus tendrils in a fight with Storm.
    Monica Rambeau should have been the Wonder Woman of Marvel. They started out strong with her, including building up a rogue's gallery with Moonstone at the top of the list. But as these things go, different writers with their own agendas came along and ruined it. Now Ewing for some reason has her on a team with Carol no less, which all but ensures that Monica will have to toil in her shadow and we're left to wonder what might have been.

I don't think we need a Storm movie. But certainly more dialogue and connection to the other characters. In other words, a good script!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ant Man does not have a long history of stories. He has a handful of stories as Hank Pym then Hank became Giant Man. Scott Lang had like a couple of solos stories. Eric O'Grady has a handful of stories.

What does Storm have? She has a fascinating background story, cool super powers, and an interesting personality. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a library of solo stories...it's fiction, you hire a writer to create a new story.
    Antman is one of those examples of a blank slate that you could do whatever you wanted.

Also Antman much like Blade, Static, Spawn, Panther and others don't have what Storm would suffer from-too many dang COOKS in the kitchen. See Green Lantern, FF, earlier attempts at WW. Flash, Justice League and so on.

Let's see them do a passable Storm in one of their main movies first. 17 years later and still nothing.
    THIS is her issue.

You might as well do Moon Girl and call it a day. At lest you will sell ton of toys.

If not her Misty Knight. At least the budget will be low and you could probably revamp Coates's BP: Crew to work for her or use Nick Spencer's version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. As far as I know, WW has been able to glide or fly in some shape/form since around 1959. It's the golden age WW who couldn't fly and was dependent on her invisible plane. I imagine anyone who has been reading her since the 60s would know that she has the power of flight, even if it has been limited or rarely depicted.
    Depends on who the writer is.

She can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    She used to fly in the Justice League cartoon.

Anyways, i was talking about the Batman VS Superman movie made by Snyder last year, where she has superjump instead of flight; but i havent seen her movie, so does she fly there ?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    .........um....what?
    Im talking about the DCEU universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't think we need a Storm movie. But certainly more dialogue and connection to the other characters. In other words, a good script!
    He'll I even take that.
    Is that not how Electra got her movie?

BANNED

I'd love a Storm movie. In a perfect world, it'd have already happened.

Marvel heroines likely to get a movie before Storm:

Rogue
    Mystique
    X-23
    Ms Marvel
    Black Widow
    Daughters of the Dragon
    Emma Frost
    Wasp

Honestly there is no push for a Storm movie. They haven't done enough in the comics with her of late and the movies with her are a joke.

They'd have to rebuild the entire X-movie franchise and give her some memorable isht. Have her do more than shoot lightning bolts. Give her some serious H2H skills and let her kick ass. That strike a pose and shoot stuff from your hands just won't cut it.

And give her an edge. She was raised as a thief on the streets. Do something with that angle.

Oh my! These Storm threads are everywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly there is no push for a Storm movie. They haven't done enough in the comics with her of late and the movies with her are a joke.
    They'd have to rebuild the entire X-movie franchise and give her some memorable isht. Have her do more than shoot lightning bolts. Give her some serious H2H skills and let her kick ass. That strike a pose and shoot stuff from your hands just won't cut it.
    And give her an edge. She was raised as a thief on the streets. Do something with that angle.
    This. All of the character nuance that made Storm popular is absent in the movies, and I'm not talking about the FEATZ all her fanatics go on ad nauseum about. No boss bitch attitude, no fighting skills, no epic speeches... Nothing. And the X-verse is pretty much rebooted with a young Storm again so it remains to be seen if she'll be kickass in X-Men: Dark Phoenix. I hope so but I hold out no hope for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I thought that we were talking about how powerful a character is.
    My point was that powers don't determine how good or bad a movie will be.

Only if no one involved in any of the X-Men films is involved in the Storm film.

A Storm film, if done well, would make tons of money. The problem is in that "if done well" part. Because Fox has shown they have no frigging clue what to do with Storm. She's been written poorly in all the films she's been in.

If they get a black woman to write the film, and another one directing it? Hell yeah, I'd be excited for that. But Fox would never do that. They'd get a white screenwriter and a white director and the film would be absolute **** because Fox doesn't give a damn about the character.