Page 64 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

I'm gonna give Weapon X a chance. I don't like how many books Old Man Logan is appearing in though

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well then he's technically not a clone of Cable as Maddy is Cable's mom and not Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-man is more like Cable’s half brother genetically. Same Dad and their mothers were essentially identical “twins” (Cable’s mom was a clone of Jean Grey). So they’re genetically quite similar, with the same powers. X-man is just younger, more powerful and doesn’t have the techno-organic virus. And he’s from an alternate universe (the Age of Apocalypse). I’m not a fan of his, personally.
    in the comics, jean is officially cable's genetic mother. i.e if a woman gets impregnated by another woman's egg. Though she will be the birth mother, she is not the genetic mother.

jean is the true mother of cable, its not even an identical twins thing as twins are still different people with seperate identities. maddie was a clone of jean which means she is jean but not the original jean so jean is still the real mum of cable

its something like this.

Or we could just say Jean is Cable's mom because she was the one who raised him since he was a baby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Or we could just say Jean is Cable's mom because she was the one who raised him since he was a baby.
    also that too. redd and slymm aka scott and jean were his adoptive parents who raised him and his genetic parents as well

Ultimate Member

Some of that though is a way to cut Maddy completely out of the picture and whitewash Scott's actions...

I agree. Never liked the Redd and Slym Dayspring plot. Too convenient, in a number of ways...

Movie Cable will likely have a lot of that stuff from his comic book origin jettisoned as they streamline him a bit. I’m all for it.

BANNED

Jean and Scott are awful parents. I sort of love that Rachel dragged them kicking and screaming into the future and gave them no choice but to finally do their jobs.

Never thought of it that way, but kind of spot on. Rachel was also bat$#!t insane in the future as Mother Askani. I just re-read the James Robinson/Joe Casey run of Cable (with Ladronn on art) from the 90s (just came out in trade), and she was constantly sending zealots back in time to keep Cable “on the path” and to ensure that a conflict between he and Apocalypse was engineered so that he could fulfill his destiny. As a result, Nathan had a cult following of underground believers all over the world maintaining safe houses for him and helping him in his mission and whatnot.

Some pretty cool forgotten stuff that could definitely be played with again in the comics...

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Jean and Scott are awful parents. I sort of love that Rachel dragged them kicking and screaming into the future and gave them no choice but to finally do their jobs.
    This all day. Good people, awful parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Wait, how were the bad parents? Didn't they send cable to the future because he was infected with a techno organic virus by apocalypse and was dying, and the askani member promised them that they had the science to save him in the future? How does that make them bad parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Wait, how were the bad parents? Didn't they send cable to the future because he was infected with a techno organic virus by apocalypse and was dying, and the askani member promised them that they had the science to save him in the future? How does that make them bad parents?
    Well, Cyclops abandoned Nathan with Madelyne to join Jean and X-Factor without looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, Cyclops abandoned Nathan with Madelyne to join Jean and X-Factor without looking back.
    And didn't call her for days after he joined. Great x man, but bad father/husband. Still a favorite tho.

And don’t forget, Madelyne tried to kill everyone. Technically she was pushed to the point of breaking but bat-shit crazy was the way she ended up.

So both are kinda bad parents.

Ultimate Member

Though the difference there is that had someone else not interfered directly Maddy wouldn't have done any of that, though Scott can't say the same thing, it's all on him...