Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default ''The Fall of Parker''

Not much detail other than this might be the first story to grace the post-Legacy renumbering kicking off with Amazing Spider-Man##788

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...er-man-marvel/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-19-2017 at 12:43 PM.

So does this mean Spidey can be off The Avengers now ?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Here's hoping that this is fake news, because Peter has been disrespected so much in recent times that I can't handle it happening again.

BANNED

Peter Parker Fell when OMD happened and he kept on falling since.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Peter Parker Fell when OMD happened and he kept on falling since.
    I am UnknownEntity and I support and approve this statement.

Spectacular Member

Oooh, sounds interesting. Cannot wait to see how it pans out.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If the company falls, that's one thing. However, I can easily see Peter rebuilding in some form or other; Tony Stark does it all the time. If Marvel and/or the fans aren't so invested in the idea of Peter as the CEO of his own tech firm, I can see Peter branching out by combining his science/tech acumen with his experience in news media to create a subdivision of The Daily Bugle that specializes in reporting on scientific and technological breakthroughs and developments and spotlighting rising talents in those fields, which would give him ample opportunity to meet, partner with, and/or mentor other genius characters in the Marvel Universe. I think that would work out better than just making him go back to taking pictures of himself as Spider-Man to earn a living and as said before, it'd be a way to bridge his scientific expertise and the experience he's acquired over the years as a news photographer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If the company falls, that's one thing. However, I can easily see Peter rebuilding in some form or other; Tony Stark does it all the time. If Marvel and/or the fans aren't so invested in the idea of Peter as the CEO of his own tech firm, I can see Peter branching out by combining his science/tech acumen with his experience in news media to create a subdivision of The Daily Bugle that specializes in reporting on scientific and technological breakthroughs and developments and spotlighting rising talents in those fields, which would give him ample opportunity to meet, partner with, and/or mentor other genius characters in the Marvel Universe. I think that would work out better than just making him go back to taking pictures of himself as Spider-Man to earn a living and as said before, it'd be a way to bridge his scientific expertise and the experience he's acquired over the years as a news photographer.

Im up for anything other than him going backwards and being a photographer, let's go forward

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Im up for anything other than him going backwards and being a photographer, let's go forward
    I'd take being a photographer again over another stab at being a scientist or CEO at this point .

Or frankly any role at the Bugle would be nice, if only to see it actually be relevant again. But that's probably a longshot at this point.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does this mean Spidey can be off The Avengers now ?
    I really hope so
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I agree. I think having a successful Peter Parker has been a good thing for the character. He'd been living under a black cloud for way too long. With Reed gone and Tony in a coma, let Peter continue to fill that role. Even if Reed and Tony come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree. I think having a successful Peter Parker has been a good thing for the character. He'd been living under a black cloud for way too long. With Reed gone and Tony in a coma, let Peter continue to fill that role. Even if Reed and Tony come back.
    I'm not one who subscribes to the notion that Peter has to be a "losing loser who loses" 24/7, because his situation should be way more complicated and dynamic then that, but I also think making him successful on par with Reed and Tony is going too far in the other direction and just not really Spider-Man.

On-top of his current "successes" feeling more shallow then genuine and character-building compared to the other successes he's had in his personal life, which I think is more vital to Peter Parker then his professional success.

Incredible Member

No more corporate CEO Peter Parker.

I'd settle for Peter opening a science firm of his own akin to Horizon Labs or him opening a special college program in ESU.

That or have him finally become a true professional photographer like the ones who get paid really well. Peter Parker, Mercenary Photographer for Hire, Best in the World, covers cultural events, politics, entertainment, news, art, crime and superhero community happenings. Greatest Photojournalist in New York. Has his own office and photography studio and uses his tech skills to build gadgets and devices to help him in his job and as Spider Man for patrol and surveillance purposes.
    Last edited by UnknownEntity; 06-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not one who subscribes to the notion that Peter has to be a "losing loser who loses" 24/7, because his situation should be way more complicated and dynamic then that, but I also think making him successful on par with Reed and Tony is going too far in the other direction and just not really Spider-Man.

On-top of his current "successes" feeling more shallow then genuine and character-building compared to the other successes he's had in his personal life, which I think is more vital to Peter Parker then his professional success.
    But it's added growth to his character to have success and to discover another set of problems that come with success. How does he go back to being a photographer at the Bugle or not giving it another try at starting his own venture? He doesn't have to rise to the level of Tony or Reed but there's no need to throw away the gains he's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But it's added growth to his character to have success and to discover another set of problems that come with success. How does he go back to being a photographer at the Bugle or not giving it another try at starting his own venture? He doesn't have to rise to the level of Tony or Reed but there's no need to throw away the gains he's made.
    Parker Industries wasn't his idea. It was just another circumstance he found himself in as a result of his life as Spider-Man. A company that could both potentially do good and also employed X number of people tapped into that responsibility response in him.

He could easily be written to have decided it's worthwhile to give it another go . . . but at the end of the day, it's just a wave he rode as best he could, not some passion he had.