Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Then he should get a job at a university. The private sector is for making profit, not discoveries.
    Something wrong with making a profit while doing what you enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Something wrong with making a profit while doing what you enjoy?
    This is the problem with fiction's conflation of engineering and science. We say Peter is a scientist, he loves science. But he's really depicted as an engineer. They're similar, but distinct skill sets. And one of them has much higher profit potential than the other.

In any case, Peter is a huge drag on the company's profitability. He's not a money-motivated guy. Unless he had a partner that just let him be idea guy, then it doesn't work.

Incredible Member

This is the problem with fiction's conflation of engineering and science. We say Peter is a scientist, he loves science. But he's really depicted as an engineer. They're similar, but distinct skill sets. And one of them has much higher profit potential than the other.

In any case, Peter is a huge drag on the company's profitability. He's not a money-motivated guy. Unless he had a partner that just let him be idea guy, then it doesn't work.
    Yup. This pretty much. This is even evident in Parker Industries. He doesn't have the calculating ruthlessness and proactivity to run a company like that because he's too nice for it. Same would go for a scientist or engineer or scientific engineer job, unless of course he has a sponsor and enabler and occasionally makes discoveries or breakthroughs for profit.

He'd be better off directing a science program for a university. Teaching and being a scientific engineer.

BANNED

The Fall of Parker is not about Parker Industries...it's another chapter in the never ending saga of Peter's meaningless love life...he falls for another new girl{lol}!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    The Fall of Parker is not about Parker Industries...it's another chapter in the never ending saga of Peter's meaningless love life...he falls for another new girl{lol}!
    What love life? And what girl?

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    What love life? And what girl?
    Indeed, Peter hasn't had a love life of any sort in some time lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Peter Parker Fell when OMD happened and he kept on falling since.
    Bad luck tends to follow those who make a deal with Devil, ah I mean a minor demon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, Peter hasn't had a love life of any sort in some time lol
    What's the point. If they ended MJ, the best and definitive and factual undisputed one true love of Peter's life, what chance do these other flavors of the month have. Even if he does land something it won't last. In fact, its over before it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Bad luck tends to follow those who make a deal with Devil, ah I mean a minor demon.
    Minor demon my ass. Mephisto is literally called the Devil and Prince of Darkness. He is Lucifer in Marvel. Make a deal with the devil and you get burned and have what you want most taken from you. In this case, Peter lost the love of his life, his eventual daughter and family. Everything he ever wanted. Now he is a mama's man-boy forever with Aunt May. In fact May will get a third husband before Peter gets laid again.

BANNED

Am I really supposed to care about The Fall of Parker Industries or anything else bad that happens in Peter's life when the worst thing of all that has ever happened to him and his character {OMD and making a deal with the devil} is ignored? I mean seriously? If Marvel itself doesn't care what happens to Peter when he sold part of his soul to Satan along with his marriage to MJ...then why should anyone care about stupid P.I.?
    I'm supposed to get all invested in this PI crap,,,but not invested in the fact that part of Peters soul is owned by Satan...and just act as if everything is fine and just ignore it? Really...is PI more important than Peter regaining a part of his soul and memories?
    I"m sorry...I just can"t waste my time on this kind of drivel.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 06-20-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Am I really supposed to care about The Fall of Parker Industries or anything else bad that happens in Peter's life when the worst thing of all that has ever happened to him and his character {OMD and making a deal with the devil} is ignored? I mean seriously? If Marvel itself doesn't care what happens to Peter when he sold part of his soul to Satan along with his marriage to MJ...then why should anyone care about stupid P.I.?
    I'm supposed to get all invested in this PI crap,,,but not invested in the fact that part of Peters soul is owned by Satan...and just act as if everything is fine and just ignore it? Really...is PI more important than Peter regaining a part of his soul and memories?
    I"m sorry...I just can"t waste my time on this kind of drivel.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like OMD and any affects it has to be completely forgotten and never referenced again. My head canon is the reality that Mephisto made.

Why should you let a 10 year old story ruin your enjoyment of anything coming after?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like OMD and any affects it has to be completely forgotten and never referenced again. My head canon is the reality that Mephisto made.

Why should you let a 10 year old story ruin your enjoyment of anything coming after?
    Well like you said, its a new reality from the one we followed up to that point. And most of the material to come after 2007 aren't really all that great and Dan Slott is not my favorite writer. I don't hate his work and he does sometimes hit the mark but for the most park I don't like the direction he's taking Spidey. And especially when dealing with Peter's personal life which is an important aspect, maybe even more so than being Spider Man.

I want OMD to be forgotten and never referenced again but its effects reversed. I just really like Peter and MJ together and the permanence of marriage. Even in the fictional realm of comics. The thing about OMD is that it basically promised Peter would never develop in any meaningful way or have long term changes. He has his bachelor sorta loser status quo and whenever he stretches a little too far he gets brought back to square one. His development is in a perpetual loophole.

You were joking there, but that is going to happen, just not in Amazing. Rebecca London debuts in today's Spectacular.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You were joking there, but that is going to happen, just not in Amazing. Rebecca London debuts in today's Spectacular.
    Both Parker Industries and Peter's love life will continue to spiral downwards. And this Rebecca is interested in Spidey not Peter and she already looks like she won't last (because she won't). Anxious for Peter's sister though.

Fantastic Member

He doesn't have that experience. Otto founded the company. Peter just inherited it.
    He still ran it sucessfully - that's a unique experience; either you remove it from his brain or he helps others on the cusp of scaling up... My point is he wouldn't shrug it off and go drive a gypsy cab - never to speak of it again - its not believable. If he hated it; he could of sold out or tossed it back to Otto (clone?) to run

Like with the Deadpool story - if we are here talking corporate governance, stock options, dividends and succession ... We've strayed a bit from the core charector ... We are in Bruce Wayne territory lol

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Both Parker Industries and Peter's love life will continue to spiral downwards. And this Rebecca is interested in Spidey not Peter and she already looks like she won't last (because she won't). Anxious for Peter's sister though.
    That reads a little like Peter's sister will be his next love interest! lol