Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
i think you have hit the nail on the head, too many interesting TV shows out there now, the comic has got to be really good or it just becomes a slog
I think the format also need to change. So many people read in trades but the dialogue and narration always recaps everything every 20-22 pages (on Netflix you can just skip recap with a tv show) and so many time I feel the end of a storyarc coming. It doesn't feel natural as a story flow when the writer is planning a 30-50 issue run (like many image series do) but they always think in terms of issues and then 5-6 issue arcs that will eventually add up as a big story.

Obviously not every series does this and some make it work if they do.

And then on top of it the fact that I just can't be amazed by crazy ideas anymore. About a decade ago I was still amused by cyborg bears attacking the Hulk on a russian satelite but that's something that will probably happen in the next movie (or something even better already happened).

And I don't even play videogames! So I'm not even as desensitized to visuals as most people are.

I wonder if they ever do a tv show of Sunstone (or something very similar) will do book still hold up? That's probably the last thing I can think of that doesn't have an alternate media version out there.