Page 24 of 135 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This made me laugh out loud, but i also want it to be real. So great!!!
    Now, this is what i am talking about. Awesome.
    I'm always so pleasantly surprised when others cross on the same wave length.
    The funny three caballeros analogues aside.
    DC should really have a Weird Western Mag 7 - Justice Riders -Western Team specific regular ongoing book out there.
    I know they've had stand alone back up tales, and a few team-ups, mostly under the Jonah Hex banner.
    Yet have the ever had a Team specific Western book?
    To those three I'd add Yanmei Tsen (Barbary Ghost), analogues for the Hawks; Nighthawk and Cinnamon, and maybe a rotating 7th for the many Western heroes.
    I mean it doesn't even have to be an elseworld, or separate earth, it should be the ongoing tales of the past DCU.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2020 at 05:46 PM.

DC should really have a Weird Western Mag 7 - Justice Riders -Western Team specific regular ongoing book out there.
    I know they've had stand alone back up tales, and a few team-ups, mostly under the Jonah Hex banner.
    To those three I'd add Yanmei Tsen (Barbary Ghost), analogues for the Hawks; Nighthawk and Cinnamon, and maybe a rotating 7th for the many Western heroes.
    I mean it doesn't even have to be an elseworld, or separate earth, it should be the ongoing tales of the past DCU.
    I could see that working, but I’d approach it like Byrne did the first couple years of Alpha Flight, w. the various characters having individual adventures and weaving in and out of each other’s lives, plot lines slowly tying together, and gathering en masse for one big adventure every 12 issues.
    I think that style would lend itself really well to the nomadic nature of Western characters, who always tend to “ride into town”.
    What say you, Güicho?

The Travelers
    DC equivalent of the Exiles. A team of characters from different corners of the Multiverse team up and travel to different worlds fighting against threats that cross the Multiversal barriers.

Booster Gold: a goofy yet still heroic main character trying to good even though nobody would remember it.
    Zinda Blake: Skilled pilot who can fly/drive anything including ships that can travel through the multiverse.
    Starman/Thom Kallor: insane but intelligent guide to the Mutliverse.
    Blue Beetle: There is no gold without the blue.
    Batman/Bruce Wayne Jr: Bruce and the mysterious blonde ladies son from the Superman/Batman: Generations. Plucked from his universe he serves as the strategist and heavy on the team even though his methods can sometimes irritate his fellow team members.
    Lyta Trevor/Fury: Daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor. Born sickly and near death, Diana gave up her immortality so her daughter can have life. She has all of Diana's powers and is the most out and out heroic member of the team.
    Hector Hall: Son of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. He wears Nth armor to protect himself. Frequently a target of magical entities due to his unnatural aura thanks to his parents being reincarnations.
    Donna Troy: Queen of convoluted origins. Can't do this without her.

Justice League Too
    Akin to Avengers West Coast. This team will star primarily characters who have been in the JL for hundreds of issues but don't make the cut for the Big 7 or they fit the bill but still get sidelined anyway.

Green Lantern/John Stewart: Chairman/Leader
    Steel/John Henry Irons: Engineer
    Zatanna: Magic User/Consultant
    Vixen/Marie Jae McCabe: Financier/close-mid range combatant
    Black Canary/Dinah Lance: Street fighter
    Elongated Man/Ralph Dibney: Resident detective/snooper/long rang combatant
    Dr. Light/Kimiyo Hoshi: Scientist/heavy hitter.
    Red Tornado: Token android.
    Hawkwoman/Shayera Hol: Brawler. Mid-close range fighter. Flight. Alien.
    Oracle/Barbara Gordon: Information broker.
    Dr. Midnight/Beth Chapel: Team Medic
    Firestorm/Jason Ruch+Gehenna: Heavy Hitter #2.
    Natasha Irons/Vapor: Hero-in-training.

Justice League Light
    An inverse of JLD starring some of the lighter magical characters but still has a few dark ones.

Amethyst: leader and ray of sunshine. (Mary Marvel is an alternative if Amethyst doesn't fit the bill)
    Traci 13: homo-magic. human learning about magic.
    Blue Devil: Cool uncle of the team. His powers are also a curse.
    Black Alice: the dark one. Team disrupter. Occasional antagonist for all of them.
    Secret: tragic past and the reluctant hero.
    Zachary Zatara: born into the world of magic. Arrogant magician who learns to be more human and heroic.
    Freddy Freeman/Captain Marvel Jr: In a wheelchair in his normal state, his powers are gift to him.
    Janissary: Team Medic.
    Kid Devil/Eddie Bloomberg: Kid whose souls got spliced with a demons and now looking for a cure. Reluctant hero and complements Secret on the team.

Supporting characters:

Dr. Thirteen: The skeptic who never understands magic and is also Traci's father.
    Phantom Stranger: Magical guide who provides them with valuable information but his decisions can be questionable at times.
    Dr. Occult/Rose: Supposed to be their primary magical teacher but more often ends up as their babysitter. The often exasperated and overwhelmed Dr. Occult often throws his hands in the air and switch with Rose on who gets to watch after the kids. They barter on who gets to put up with Alice on each particular day because nobody on the team can stand Alice.
    Nightmaster: bartender at the Oblivion Bar managing all the portals to other dimensions.
    Madame Xanadu: provides magical advice and items....for a price since the Phantom Stranger only appears when he wants to.

The Gryphons
    An inverse of the Birds of Prey team, instead of street level brawlers, the team is primarily composed of female heavy hitters of DC brought in to co-ordinate to fight heavy hitters on their level. The team is still co-ordinated by Oracle/Barbara Gordon.

Wonder Woman
    Power Girl
    Zatanna
    Big Barda
    Fire
    Ice
    Dr. Light/Kimiyo Hoshi

The Galaxy Defenders

DC equivalent of the Guardians of the Universe.

Captain Comet: A superhero from the 1950's who disappeared into space decades ago and has been there ever since. The 'Superman' of the team.
    Adam Strange: The bad ass normal of the team. A regular human who has to rely on space suits, gadgets and his own will and wits to survive.
    Starfire/Koriand'r: Team heavy hitter.
    Ch'p: Team pet and GL.
    Tarra Karn: Thanagarian bounty hunter. Warrior attitude to contrast Starfire.
    Medphyll: plant based alien. Originally a GL but we already have one so he can be the Groot analogue.
    Isamot Kol: a reptilian being from Thanagar. Also a GL but not in this incarnation.
    Vril Dox: Colun and the smart guy of the team.

I considered characters like Mon-el and Sodam Yat but they look too humanoid and the team already has too many humanoid looking characters as it is.

I could see that working, but I’d approach it like Byrne did the first couple years of Alpha Flight, w. the various characters having individual adventures and weaving in and out of each other’s lives, plot lines slowly tying together, and gathering en masse for one big adventure every 12 issues.
    I think that style would lend itself really well to the nomadic nature of Western characters, who always tend to “ride into town”.
    What say you, Güicho?
    That would really be a great format for a Western team series, emphasize the (as you indicate) wandering nature of the characters developed individually, who come from such disparate paths, yet building towards seeing if/how they can function as a team when faced with a common enemy. Great dynamic.
    Makes me want to see it even more.

Also the format culminating every 12th issue for the final show down , has a very High Noon vibe. Love it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2020 at 05:48 PM.

That would really be a great format for a Western team series, also emphasize the characters come from such disparate paths, develop them individual, then see how/if they function as a team. Great dynamic.
    Makes me want to see it even more.
    Yes, that’s exactly how I saw it working!

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

j/k

stay there...

Below’s the team i came up with. It has the large line up reminiscent of Alpha Flight, and is vaguely JLA-ish in its membership. It’s not based on any particular roster...:

THE CHAMPIONS (sort of)
    Martian Manhunter - like Herc as an Avenger, he's
    overshadowed on his main team, but here he gets to lead.

Lady Blackhawk - like Black Widow, a sexy street
    leveler who can do espionage and kick butt.

Starfire and Raven - like Angel and Iceman, they're best
    known for being on another, very popular team.

The Creeper - like Ghost Rider, he's an urban supernatural
    type, and seems out of place on a hero team.

The Champions expanded their roster a bit, by having Dr. Bill Foster as their scientific advisor. Dr. Foster also lent an occasional hand as Goliath. They recruited Darkstar to the team, and, had the book not been cancelled they had plans to include Jack of Hearts. Thought I’d expand on the above DC team and swap these characters out.

Rampage - like Bill Foster, Kitty Faulkner’s a brilliant scientist who changes into a larger, super strong version of herself.

Jade - like Darkstar, Jade is an energy weilder,
    linked to Green Flame as opposed to Dark Force.

Starman - like Jack of Hearts, Starman’s a colorful not very
    popular character. Very powerful, w. a space based origin.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-14-2020 at 03:47 AM.

I'm not too familiar with him outside of the JLU show but would Pow Wow Smith make for an appropriate addition to such a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not too familiar with him outside of the JLU show but would Pow Wow Smith make for an appropriate addition to such a team?
    Absolutely as indicated he was part of the JLU's version of the Justice Riders, and pulled from the same genre of books, suggested him and others for a Justice Riders team from way back for the same reason.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3295996
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...l=1#post938639

As would Batlash, Triger Twins, Scalphunter (Brian Savage), Madame .44, etc. and others also indicated by Riv86672 bellow, and why for a Western Team book, it'd be great to leave slots open for rotating characters, as DC has many neglected Western heroes.
    Riv86672's suggestion of the less loosely structured "team" and more wandering nomads format , building towards the team best to answer that arcs particular threat, would really work great.

Fantastic.
    Love the loose JL parallels too.
    Below’s the team i came up with. It has the large line up reminiscent of Alpha Flight, and is vaguely JLA-ish in its membership. It’s not based on any particular roster...:
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2020 at 05:40 AM.

Absolutely as indicated he was part of the JLU's version of the Justice Riders, and pulled from the same genre of books, suggested him and others for a Justice Riders team as well for the same reason.

As would Batlash, Triger Twins, Scalphunter (Brian Savage), and others also indicated by Riv86672 bellow, and why for a team book, it'd be great to leave slots open for rotating characters, as DC has many neglected Western heroes.
    Riv86672's suggestion of the less loosely structured "team" and more wandering nomads format , building towards the team best to answer that arcs particular threat, would really work great.

Fantastic.
    I brain farted on Batlash and Dr. Thirteen’s description, but they’re meant to be a Western-ish Booster and Beetle, and add some levity to things.

I’m def. in favor of adding in different characters in every story arc. It’s a great way to showcase DC’s huge cache of Westetn characters, you’re right!

A.B.C. Warriors of the DCU!

I don’t even know who the ABC Warriors are, but I don’t need to, as that post was positively pitch perfect presentation, pal!

Absolutely as indicated he was part of the JLU's version of the Justice Riders, and pulled from the same genre of books, suggested him and others for a Justice Riders team from way back for the same reason.

As would Batlash, Triger Twins, Scalphunter (Brian Savage), Madame .44, etc. and others also indicated by Riv86672 bellow, and why for a Western Team book, it'd be great to leave slots open for rotating characters, as DC has many neglected Western heroes.

Fantastic.
    I wonder if Nighthawk's having the same name as a Marvel character would affect how much DC uses him.

I don’t even know who the ABC Warriors are, but I don’t need to, as that post was positively pitch perfect presentation, pal!
    Thanks! Yeah, I added those descriptors because I figured not everyone would be familiar with the A.B.C. Warriors. (they're a Brit comic published in 2000AD and have had some tpbs of their own)