Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kitty is a graduated scholar who was building danger rooms when she was 15 and speaks fluent binary. And he's quasi-Jewish because Bendis correctly pointed out that his characterization is very Jewish. No need to get your panties all tussled, Cyclops avatars.
    I think that Weisman also pointed out, that Peter is kind of Jewish in his attitude (and i take him more seriously than Bendis regarding the characther), but i wouldn't call him a "bicth boy".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that Weisman also pointed out, that Peter is kind of Jewish in his attitude (and i take him more seriously than Bendis regarding the characther), but i wouldn't call him a "bicth boy".
    DDM and I have our own language. He knows what I meant.

Oh, ok. Nevermind

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Now this was a heartwarmingly good issue. I'm ready for more Kelly Thompson on X-Men, she's a funny writer and gets the characters' voices right. Guggenheim's story was... OK I guess? Kinda. Was Nightcrawler on cocaine the whole time?

But make no mistake, the one I was really looking forward to was Chris Claremont's story. And he didn't disappoint - I'm still amazed how much story and how many continuity bits he managed to pack into a few pages. This felt like a lot more content than the average, diluted arcs on the core books. F*** the hip and cool style that takes 6 issues to tell a story, I'll take captions and thought baloons any day. And, unsurprisingly, Claremont just gets the characters right - his Kitty just clicked with me instantly and felt like he never left. I am so ready for more of this, and can't believe we are getting Guggenheim trying to ape Chris' style on Gold when we have the real deal who's infinitely more interesting and capable.

Thompson's was the best. From the bisexual Kitty confirmation to Rogue looking/acting genuinely happy to Emma sending Kitty a congrats (which almost made me tear up) to Lorna wearing a suit (gayyy) to Cecilia finally getting the hell out of her lab.

Gurglehurgle's pages were nothing but a short pee break.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do people keep calling the strippers coed? I get what you mean but a strip club isnt a coed environment. The word applies to an educational institution
    I learned plenty when I was a stripper.

For those wondering bitch boy is a term of endearment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do people keep calling the strippers coed? I get what you mean but a strip club isnt a coed environment. The word applies to an educational institution
    I'm not American. I assumed it was a general term since it's used in the issue itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ddm View Post
    better than dazzler’s. Canon.
    I Hail our new rock queen. May she eternally reign the top #1 in the billboard 100
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Everyone here bantering about Spider-Man and his potential (or lack thereof) for a relationship with Kitty in the thread where we're supposed to be discussing Kitty's (impending) nuptials to Piotr . . . win, absolute win. Not being sarcastic here, as of all the Peters across the Marvel Universe (or Multiverse) that Kitty has been involved with, my favorite is always going to be Peter Parker. I should mention, though, that while Spider-Man has no confirmed religion (and was even an atheist for a while in the Amazing Grace miniseries a couple of years or so ago), his mannerisms and demeanor are very much "nice Jewish boy," particularly his sense of guilt and his devotion to his mother (figure).

All that aside, I really hope Marvel doesn't ruin Kitty/Piotr the same way Marvel ruined Cyclops/Jean Grey or Spider-Man (Peter)/Mary Jane. And Storm as the goddess that rocks? Get her signed up and on tour, stat!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Better than Dazzler’s. Canon.
    Heroine Addict triggered in 3...2...1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Nice to see Rachel having fun & wearing a dress again

Illyana looks great

But having Dom there just feels odd....has there ever been Kitty-Dom interaction??

Except for the bachelorette story, this sounds awful

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I could’ve done without the Rogue/Kitty pep talk. It just felt gratuitous to remind people of the R&G mini. Those pages would be better used with Rachel/Magik/Karma/Storm.
    Personally enjoyed the scenes with Kitty and Rogue. Are you not a fan of Rogue and Gambit together?

I agree we should have had Kitty moments with other characters like Jean, Rachel, Storm or Magik the difference is that would cut the story with the flashbacks of Kitty.

In the Thompson story, I thought Callisto was drawn very attractively. A complete contrast to how yucky she looked when first introduced 35 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    In the Thompson story, I thought Callisto was drawn very attractively. A complete contrast to how yucky she looked when first introduced 35 years ago...
    Masque beautified her during Claremont's original run

BANNED

Kitty is a graduated scholar who was building danger rooms when she was 15 and speaks fluent binary. And he's quasi-Jewish because Bendis correctly pointed out that his characterization is very Jewish. No need to get your panties all tussled, Cyclops avatars.
    Kitty doesn't speak binary, it's Cypher.

Cypher was the expert in software whereas Kitty was the expert in hardware. After all, Cypher is the language expert and not Kitty.

This was explained in New Mutants #13