Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did not know there were so many shields...
    I know, right?! The OG disc-shaped version will always be my favorite, but the Stark Adamantium Upgrade (ever so slightly) comes in a close second.
    It really shows Tony's genius, if he's capable of creating a perfect replica. Even Cap was impressed
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-07-2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Now I remember Tony fixing the shield. I just can't remember what issue now lol.
    Maybe Cap fixed it himself, again.

https://www.cbr.com/did-captain-amer...force-of-will/

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see a version of the energy shield that we saw on AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. in the post-CIVIL WAR MCU, and instead skipped to the Wakanda triangular shield then back to the original when Steve and Tony made nice. Would have fit nicely in that Secret Avengers period before INFINITY WAR. Though, I guess that team was a bit low rent for the tech.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-08-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    ^^^OMG! One of my all-time favorite moments in comic-book history!! (XD)
    Too bad Waid "ruined" it when it was revealed that Cap wasn't so perfect in restoring the shield, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-08-2022 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! The OG disc-shaped version will always be my favorite, but the Stark Adamantium Upgrade (ever so slightly) comes in a close second.
    It really shows Tony's genius, if he's capable of creating a perfect replica. Even Cap was impressed
    I liked the bare metal look..but it was made of adamantium and not vibranium...so it while it is indestructible it does not absorb the impact. It will stop bullets but you could still feel the impact of larger caliber bullet impacts...and you are not going to use it to survive fall from a great height.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I liked the bare metal look..but it was made of adamantium and not vibranium...so it while it is indestructible it does not absorb the impact. It will stop bullets but you could still feel the impact of larger caliber bullet impacts...and you are not going to use it to survive fall from a great height.
    Damn! That's a good point!! You've convinced me, the OG disc-shaped version will always be the best!!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-08-2022 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The MCU missed a great oportunity of having Cap (Chris Evans) fix his shield like this, maybe in the wake of the Infinity snap. I also always found lazy the explanation that it was made sorely of vibranium. I prefer the MU explanation that the shield is the result of a metalurgical fluke, that had never been reproduced. it made it more unique (and invincible, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah, there was even a similar mention of something like that in a later issue. His next shield, gifted by the Black Panther, was made of vibranium (and IMHO, matched much better the Captain uniform). Sadly, it was hardly as invincible as the original, as was proven when it was trashed in the hands of US Agent when he went up against an armored foe of the Hangman's Lethal Legion (forgot his name) at the end of the WCA's run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, there was even a similar mention of something like that in a later issue. His next shield, gifted by the Black Panther, was made of vibranium (and IMHO, matched much better the Captain uniform). Sadly, it was hardly as invincible as the original, as was proven when it was trashed in the hands of US Agent when he went up against an armored foe of the Hangman's Lethal Legion (forgot his name) at the end of the WCA's run.

Peace
    That's heartbreaking. What does that say about Wakandan craftsmanship? Would T'Challa be pissed or just not care at all?!

Extraordinary Member

Peace

That's heartbreaking. What does that say about Wakandan craftsmanship? Would T'Challa be pissed or just not care at all?!

Yeah...that shield should NOT have been taken apart like that...While I get that Vibranium is not as indestructible as Adamantium...it is still incredibly resilient.

What was Steve's best alternate superhero identity?

1. Nomad
    2. The Captain
    3. Commander Rogers

I like The Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

1. Nomad
    2. The Captain
    3. Commander Rogers

I like The Captain.
    Without a doubt, The Captain all the way!

Without a doubt, The Captain all the way!
    That is such a great scene.

1. Nomad
    2. The Captain
    3. Commander Rogers

I like The Captain.
    Nomad stood out for why it came about, but Commander Rogers was kind of fun.

Peace

Well considering that it was JOSEPH STALIN's soul given form as the ghoul COLDSTEEL, I would go with there being some sort of supernatural vulnerability clause with Vibranium much like Superman at the Distinguished Competition. Throw magic in the mix and all rules are off.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

1. Nomad
    2. The Captain
    3. Commander Rogers

I like The Captain.
    I have a fondness for Nomad.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

1. Nomad
    2. The Captain
    3. Commander Rogers

I like The Captain.
    I prefer Nomad...but he was not Nomad for that long to really get people to embrace it.