Page 498 of 613 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nah, I don't need to take up anything with Vita. She wrote it the way she wrote it.

Just tell her I said thank you. She ended something that should have never begun again.
    I disagree here it should have never been destroyed. the one silver lining is of this is that they were not officially ended but it was still unnecessary to tell this story in this fashion.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes to all of this. I don't subscribe to the idea that you have to destroy to build. Not that I can see, right now, how this action builds Ororo's character. I mean, she was so freaking extreme in her actions--and self-righteous. And nothing in how Wakanda and the royal family has been written with Ororo would justify this story at all. I think anyone who has actually read Coates's run can see how this does not align with his depictions. All of a sudden T'Challa decides to bail on Ororo, and in her time of need at that, is just insulting to both characters.

But again, the agenda was to break the T'Challa/Wakanda and Ororo link, so story and character alignment goes out the window. Clearly, so too does logic.
    I dont know if I saw it here or on twitter but Logan has connections all across the larger MU but for some reason Ororo cannot have a sensible one with Wakanda? I mean it wasnt even a full 8 hrs before ororo went hood on them only for T'Challa to return. its just all seemed so pointless to me lol. and most definitely this was insulting to them both. storm is acting like a child and tchalla unresponsive and not attentive. then you got shuri and ororo unnecessarily fighting like it all wss just such a bad look if you care for these characters and the relationships they have built and maintained over the years. but as you said we understand the end goal here.

For years, there were alot of BP fans who supported and fought for the marriage. Then came AvX and all kinds of bad isht was happening. BP fans gave up on it, stopped defending it and washed their hands. The X-offices got Storm back like they wanted and BP fans moved on.

Then Coates comes back stirring things up again, getting people excited. Again, alot of BP fans didn't want this to happen because of what the X-offices have done in the past. We knew that it wasn't going to last and that BP would get dumped on. People said we were wrong, it would last, they were in love, commited, etc.

4 years later here we are. You didn't need to be a prophet to see what was coming.
    you were absolutely correct I can't even argue against any of your posts here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Y'all are wild.

I hate Coates but... Coates turned Storm into a Goddess of Wakanda and basically Wakandan's own personal nuke. Coates put Wakanda and BP on the back burner for Storm, not the other way around.

Vita... had her pull a Gambit, beat up a non powered warrior (who brought a knife to an omega mutant fight wtf lol), and blow up some robots and y'all are praising it as best thing ever?

Vita cut off a whole avenue of potential stories for Storm... for some more lightning lass feats.
    Well, character development and feats aren't necessarily intertwined. I enjoyed the the story mainly due to the conflict that had nothing to do with the powers. The intrigue and internal conflict and future ramifications made this much more interesting to me than any potential power displays.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    My thoughts on the issue was that it was hot trash and the bp fans hsve been right when they throw shade at the xoffices. Im sincerely disappointed. Instead of showin black folks unified and workin together to fight a common enemy, the xoffices instead chose to show two blk women unable to be sensible. No side was "right" when takin into context Coates' work. dis isnt hadari yao/damisa-sarki. These people have worked together to redefine their nation, to fight adversary, and fight the imperialism of galactic wakanda but all the sudden they cant figure it our because of a damn sword?? this was some Jerry springer avx mess and I will not cosign ever, period.

agreed this mess hot trash on a stick. no thank you!!!
    Don't misunderstand what the X-Men have done with Krakao. Now all homo-superiors identify as mutant first. The race or ethnicity may be a distant second to identifying as mutant first. That is a stance Wakandans should absolutely understand as it is similar to the position that they took for years.

This wasn't a Black People unit moment. This was all about showing the mutants doing whatever is necessary for their nation and by extension the world.

I remember having a conversation on this page a while back about intersectionality and how Storm is the perfect character to explore dual identities. As others have mentioned Storm isn't just a mutant, she's a black woman, and Wakanda is the physical manifestation of her connection with the black community. It was disheartening to see a story where Storm placed one identity over the other when we could have easily seen a story of Storm reconciling her identities and then entering the XoS stage as a more whole version of herself.

Now I'll admit that this is pure speculation territory, but maybe this was a reflection of Vita's experience? Yes they are black, but they're also queer and people often feel the need to choose between those identities and ultimately align with one over the other. I've often felt that being a mutant is a better representation of the LGBTQ+ experience, so it could very well act as a stand-in in this story. If this is the case, then I would've appreciated a lot more nuance.

Ultimately the issue was entertaining but also very frustrating. It's also especially annoying, because in the last Marauders issue we saw Kurt hand Kitty her Star of David necklace, signaling that there is a space for both religious/ cultural identity and mutant identity in these stories. Yet for some reason Storm has to betray all her black friends (honestly closer to family) for the sake of mutant kind and that's supposed to be empowering?

Gentle reminder that Vita Ayala uses they/them pronouns.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Well, character development and feats aren't necessarily intertwined. I enjoyed the the story mainly due to the conflict that had nothing to do with the powers. The intrigue and internal conflict and future ramifications made this much more interesting to me than any potential power displays.

Don't misunderstand what the X-Men have done with Krakao. Now all homo-superiors identify as mutant first. The race or ethnicity may be a distant second to identifying as mutant first. That is a stance Wakandans should absolutely understand as it is similar to the position that they took for years.

This wasn't a Black People unit moment. This was all about showing the mutants doing whatever is necessary for their nation and by extension the world.
    not storm. go back to hox when they were having the discussion of being completely separate from the larger world. she never has shown even within the duggan books to be only pro mutants.

and that was clearly shown. there is nothing here based in continuity and the biggest issue which was the sword was a retcon that didn't exist prior to this issue. that leads me to believe many other avenues and potential storylines could have been used. they could hsve even gone the route of the bone of swords, but this angle was chosen for a reason. and it wadnt just to show mytants will do what us necessary so I respectfully disagree there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I remember having a conversation on this page a while back about intersectionality and how Storm is the perfect character to explore dual identities. As others have mentioned Storm isn't just a mutant, she's a black woman, and Wakanda is the physical manifestation of her connection with the black community. It was disheartening to see a story where Storm placed one identity over the other when we could have easily seen a story of Storm reconciling her identities and then entering the XoS stage as a more whole version of herself.

Now I'll admit that this is pure speculation territory, but maybe this was a reflection of Vita's experience? Yes they are black, but they're also queer and people often feel the need to choose between those identities and ultimately align with one over the other. I've often felt that being a mutant is a better representation of the LGBTQ+ experience, so it could very well act as a stand-in in this story. If this is the case, then I would've appreciated a lot more nuance.

Ultimately the issue was entertaining but also very frustrating. It's also especially annoying, because in the last Marauders issue we saw Kurt hand Kitty her Star of David necklace, signaling that there is a space for both religious/ cultural identity and mutant identity in these stories. Yet for some reason Storm has to betray all her black friends (honestly closer to family) for the sake of mutant kind and that's supposed to be empowering?
    Dude I love this post. And you are right, other mutants can explore their cultures beyond being a mutant and not choose one over the other.

With Storm it's always a choice. But it's not her fault. That's how they choose to write her character.

Im sincerely disappointed. Instead of showin black folks unified and workin together to fight a common enemy, the xoffices instead chose to show two blk women unable to be sensible.
    I think Vita realized how problematic that aspect of the issue was so they tried to patch it up by having Ororo and Shuri constantly reaffirm how they're still sisters and they still love each other while beating one another to a pulp lol. So ridiculous!

Dude I love this post. And you are right, other mutants can explore their cultures beyond being a mutant and not choose one over the other.

With Storm it's always a choice. But it's not her fault. That's how they choose to write her character.
    Thank you! I was literally thinking about this issue all throughout work today.

It's especially noticeable when Wolverine gets to do a deep dive into Japanese culture in the SAME week that Storm ruins her relationships in Wakanda.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Thank you for expressing this so eloquently. I hesitated to make the same point you did in the second paragraph. But I think it needed to be said.

That woukd have been so moving to see the aspect of her many dimensions relating to her identity embraced. If I take all that I know of the character relating to coates and push it to the side i would be probably feel like some do that this was a well written storm issue. However, I can't and I'm reminded of a Tchalla who lost his memories with only the memory of Ororo keeping him grounded in a sense of reality. I am reminded of Ororo being buried beneath rubble and Tchalla encouraging her to dig deeper to connect to a power she never dreamt of possessing. I am reminded when Shuri consoled Ororo as she longed for Tchalla and they both fought together to protect Wakanda. Then I read this issue and NONE of the interactions make a lick of sense to me.

I felt this issue tried and succeeded in reminding the readers what Forge told Ororo very long ago and ifs unfortunate. Nothing read empowering to me about this issue and it very much felt like a deconstruction of her character

I read the Wolverine books just to see how they handled it. Way more fun. So the time limit was three days from when Polaris gave the proficy. Logan went all across Japan and to Hell. Made it back before Storm. Her riddle wasn't difficult. So id say she had at least a full day to spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Gentle reminder that Vita Ayala uses they/them pronouns.
    How do you say something singular using they/them?

I 100% have no idea and am ignorant on the subject. No trolling.

Like, how do i say something like "Vita wrote this book. She/He????? likes Storm"

What do I replace She/He with? They doesn't make sense because it is singular?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I read the Wolverine books just to see how they handled it. Way more fun. So the time limit was three days from when Polaris gave the proficy. Logan went all across Japan and to Hell. Made it back before Storm. Her riddle wasn't difficult. So id say she had at least a full day to spare?

AND the rest of the champions aren't even there, sooooo what was the rush?!?

I've always told you I'm fair with my criticisms and praise lol. wrong is wrong to me and how wakanda was depicted and how ororo was shown is simply not good.

Yes to everything you mentioned in the second paragraph. As I keep saying, Ororo and Tchaa were able to.communicate when he was on the edge of the universe in BP but kow he is just unreachable? I think we hsve to be honest here. The end game was to create conflict and severe her ties to Wakanda, period. Knowing this I can't cosign for the issue no matter how storm was shown because its a slap in the face to four years of work meant to rebuild and repair stories extending from their annulled marriage.

To your point about the black characters, I don't like that the only real relationship she has with black people is destroyed in this issue. As Marvell said, why did this story have to be written like it Was? Why not show two black women fighting together to secure a weapon she could use to save krakoa instead of retconning into wakanda lore a weapon that never existed? Again it goes back to the end game and it was to create division and personally I'm fed up with it as it relates to the prominent black characters at marvel.
    Remember when Storm went with Shuri to fight Anubis (with Sue)?

Why couldn't it been like this but for a sword?

Why degrade when you can uplift?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html