Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

It’s a shame the old tradition of Saturday morning cartoons went the way of the dodo when we got 24-hour cartoon networks.

I was in my 20’s and had already been reading X-men comics for a while when this show first aired, but I loved every minute of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Huh Stan Lee wanted to narrate the opening. I kind of get it but I'm happy with what we got.

That might have been tricky, due to the voice work being done in Canada.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 11-01-2017 at 08:00 PM.

This series is at the center of my very fondest childhood memories. It was like being trapped inside a wonderful dream whenever this was the real X-Men. They were EVERYWHERE! And they most certainly deserved the attention back then. It is a tragedy beyond words that Marvel has destroyed them and they are gone. Nonetheless, I can't wait to pick up the "Previously On X-Men" book to read about how this incredible show came into being. My life would have been quite different if not for this show, the comics, trading cards and perhaps most importantly, the action figures! So many of my figures had the paint rubbed off them because I played with them so much (often playing out episodes of the cartoon that had just aired as best I could). To say I desperately miss the X-Men is a huge understatement. Nothing else in life has come close to repeating the pure magic that the X-Men offered in their prime.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

It's hard to believe that this show debuted 25 years ago. It sure makes me feel old, but it also gives perspective. It shows how far the X-men have come, for better and worse. It also shows how groundbreaking X-men: The Animated Series was for its time. I don't remember much about cartoons before that show. I just remember they were basic, bland, and predictable. X-men changed that and I think all animation is better because of it. Yesterday, I wrote an article on my blog commemorating the 25th anniversary of this show. It went onto become my most successful posts to date, in terms of traffic. After 25 years, this show is still affecting my life in so many wonderful ways.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

But now, 25 years later in the future, here we are without any X-Men cartoon, let alone a great one!

How did that happen?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I really want a new x men animated series
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

when you have spent the last few days watching people trying to de-legitimize the impact of this series just because it makes many marvel movies today look stupid, you canT help but have a new respect for tas and what made it so great in today's superficial world of comic book interpretation.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-19-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    when you have spent the last few days watching people trying to de-legitimize the impact of this series just because it makes many marvel movies today look stupid, you can help but have a new respect for tas and what made it so great in today's superficial world of comic book interpretation.
    I agree a lot

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I agree a lot
    Thanks, and this is from me, a person that enjoyed evolution more.

Lol. at me remembering someone saying TMNT had more impact than XMEN TAS.

BUT HERE WE STAND AT 25 YEARS.

I feel like we can demand a new animated series, tell marvel on Twitter, they do respond !!!

Thanks, and this is from me, a person that enjoyed evolution more.

Lol. at me remembering someone saying TMNT had more impact than XMEN TAS.

BUT HERE WE STAND AT 25 YEARS.
    So did tmnt. And Transformers. Animaniacs, Freakazoid and Gargoyles still have their cult following albeit too bad they did not had the same support as Tmnt, x-men and trasformers got. (where is my Freakazoid movie WB? )
    And Batman tas s story ny itself. Even if we limit to just superhero cartoons x-men would be. Third or fourth, batman tas first. I' m sorry. Consider that was considered best batman declination till now.

Youknow toook very little effort in praising x-men tas on x-men board where everyone like x-men and most americans were introduced to x-men from the animated series.

I feel like we can demand a new animated series, tell marvel on Twitter, they do respond !!!
    I hope they do. And i hope will be good.

when you have spent the last few days watching people trying to de-legitimize the impact of this series just because it makes many marvel movies today look stupid, you canT help but have a new respect for tas and what made it so great in today's superficial world of comic book interpretation.
    I agree a lot
    He was forced to defend himself because he spit on animaniacs batman tas and gargoyles. I love x-men tas but my cartoon cultist side won't allow me to accept that falsity. I tried to ignore it because it is a wrothless effort but there is no chance to fight back some inner turmoils.

Yes! And of course, make sure they know we want a powerful Jean Grey in it!

BANNED

http://www.etonline.com/how-x-men-be...lashback-91266

How ‘X-Men’ Became One of TV’s Best Animated Series (Flashback)

throughout the show’s five-year run, audiences saw glimpses of newscasts featuring clips of politicians and corporate leaders fueling public hysteria, and promoting a fear of minorities for their own personal gain -- a theme that remains relevant
    t 25 years later. The series excelled at depicting how members of the superhero group reconciled wanting to fight for a better world amidst this persecution, and how they helped each other discover that what makes them different is ultimately their greatest strength.

At least when it comes to pop culture, mutants could not be more in favor at the moment
    . The Gifted recently debuted on Fox, Josh Schwartz’s adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan’s The Runaways drops on Hulu Nov. 21, Legion season two will premiere early next year on FX, and the trailer for Josh Boone’s The New Mutants has comic and horror fans anticipating its April release. And maybe -- just maybe -- someday we’ll find a way for Sam Rockwell to portray X-Men series fan favorite Morph on the big screen.

here we do stand.

“I run into people all the time that are into the comic books and have known it for years,” Morris, who portrayed Storm on the first season, told ET about the fandom surrounding the animated series. “I'm surprised, because I just had no idea what I was getting myself into.”