Page 494 of 662 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, it has been a stereotype like so many other things.
    so art shouldnt mirror life (even when it happens regularly in the all communities, including the black ones) because its offensive? do you think there's by chance there is a bit of hypersensitivity in regards to this? as Terrance pointed out, we have seen black love from some many different perspectives in Coates's book (lesbian love, ororo/tchalla, shuri/tchalla, etc.). also "nakia" being jealous of tchallas lovers isnt new. this is an old story beat from writers who came long before Coates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so art shouldnt mirror life (even when it happens regularly in the all communities, including the black ones) because its offensive? do you think there's by chance there is a bit of hypersensitivity in regards to this? as Terrance pointed out, we have seen black love from some many different perspectives in Coates's book (lesbian love, ororo/tchalla, shuri/tchalla, etc.). also "nakia" being jealous of tchallas lovers isnt new. this is an old story beat from writers who came long before Coates.
    I think the issue is far too many times we have seen a SEGMENT of life mirrored way too much with our black folks.

Who cares if other writers did this-someone has to STOP it. You got one book that shows so-called black love at the Big Two.

This is what Marvel wants to sell? At a time where folks are saying they are tired of it?

There is no love of any kind when two black women or women of any color engage in a fight for the affection of a man. As far as the real life comment, there are lots of things that happen in real life that don't need to happen in a comic book that I can list right now.

I would never accuse you of hypersensitivity when it comes to LGTBQ issues so I'm kind of surprised at you by this comment. As a person of color, I will never condone or endorse this kind of behavior. It's not a matter of hypersensitivity. It's a matter of pride and self respect.

And maybe you are assuming too much when it comes to Nakia's "jealousy" of Storm. Remember, Nakia turned down T'Challa and Storm came looking for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Black women arguing over dick--that's silly ass behavior, and as a black woman I find that hella offensive. There's nothing to cheer for about this.
    I don't even think it's a case of Black excellence. The idea of two grown women fighting over a man is dumb and vice versa.
    UGH, You guys are describing a Tyler Perry Trope.

But for the most part I agree. Their conversation does come off as childish Highschool drama......

Anyway, let's hope this tension has more to do with other issues outside of T'Challa's penis.
    It's small......LOL

Now, Bishop and Blue Marvel PHEW! Ok, let me stop.......
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-28-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

This is true. Besides, this was just done with the Nakia of this timeline calling on the Mimicry to kill Ororo because she was jealous of her relationship with T'Challa. Coates didn't write that story. The author of the Shuri comics did. But they just went down that road, and I'm uninterested in seeing it played out again. However, I really don't see Coates going that route. I think, even with the obvious tension such a situation would create, that he'll handle it with some level of class, particularly on Ororo's end. That's both my guess and my hope. As I mentioned in another post, I would like to know the conversation that took place between Ororo and T'Challa about his feelings and thoughts about Nakia. A triangle can only truly exist if the party of two people's affection has affection for the two people in return and cannot decide which person to choose. I don't think (at least I hope he doesn't) Coates will create that kind of dynamic between the three characters. He's done too much to bring Ororo and T'Challa back together to write that kind of trope. It is even more annoying for fans of the couple because they haven't been on the same page together for a year. Then, when they finally are it's with this Nakia bullshit hanging over their reunion. For now, I'm giving Coates the benefit of the doubt. Wednesday will tell which route he's decided to take.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-28-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the issue is far too many times we have seen a SEGMENT of life mirrored way too much with our black folks.

Who cares if other writers did this-someone has to STOP it. You got one book that shows so-called black love at the Big Two.

This is what Marvel wants to sell? At a time where folks are saying they are tired of it?
    1st. we dont know what two will talk about so I think it's too early to jump the gun. 2nd. assuming this convo is about tchalla why would nakia be polite to a woman she envies?

why not wait before jumping the gun?

There is no love of any kind when two black women or women of any color engage in a fight for the affection of a man. As far as the real life comment, there are lots of things that happen in real life that don't need to happen in a comic book that I can list right now.

I would never accuse you of hypersensitivity when it comes to LGTBQ issues so I'm kind of surprised at you by this comment. As a person of color, I will never condone or endorse this kind of behavior. It's not a matter of hypersensitivity. It's a matter of pride and self respect.

And maybe you are assuming too much when it comes to Nakia's "jealousy" of Storm. Remember, Nakia turned down T'Challa and Storm came looking for her.

I agree with your first statement but this type of pettiness (if they are fighting for tchalla) exists between black men (straight and/or gay). this isn't behavior black women solely display.

and I never accused you of hypersensitivity as it was a question so my apologies if it came across as such. I'm not sure what LGBTQ issues I would ever be hypersensitivity about because my primary concern in media (ie comics) has always been the good portrayal of black people. I cant recall any given time I've gone in on LGBTQ related issues in relation to comics; I have gone in on black love many, many of times. that said, there has to be conflict and that is what I see this as and not stereotypical writing of black women. this is why I asked the question but perhaps perspective is the cause of us seeing this differently. to your point about pride and self respect, have you never argued with another black person in your life? did you always respond in a manner that you in hindsight would make you proud? anger and jealousy are human emotions we all fall victim to at some point in our lives. maybe nakia values being true to her feelings and making them known; maybe this is a manifestation of pride and self respect - being true to oneself. nonetheless, two women engaging in conflict (regardless of the reason) I dont see issue with but our perspectives are different. again no disrespect was meant with my chose of words but was trying to present a different angle in looking at their exchange.

nakia turned down tchalla for reasons that were never expressed but yes i am aware I am making an assumption based upon the fact he chose a ghost over her. and also that ghost saving her may have added more insult to injury. but you are right it is sn assumption and I cant be certain of anything until the issue drops.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This is true. Besides, this was just done with the Nakia of this timeline calling on the Mimicry to kill Ororo because she was jealous of her relationship with T'Challa. Coates didn't write that story. The author of the Shuri comics did. But they just went down that road, and I'm uninterested in seeing it played out again. However, I really don't see Coates going that route. I think, even with the obvious tension such a situation would create, that he'll handle it with some level of class, particularly on Ororo's end. That's both my guess and my hope. As I mentioned in another post, I would like to know the conversation that took place between Ororo and T'Challa about his feelings and thoughts about Nakia. A triangle can only truly exist if the party of two people's affection has affection for the two people in return and cannot decide which person to choose. I don't think (at least I hope he doesn't) Coates will create that kind of dynamic between the three characters. He's done too much to bring Ororo and T'Challa back together to write that kind of trope. It is even more annoying for fans of the couple because they haven't been on the same page together for a year. Then, when they finally are it's with this Nakia bullshit hanging over their reunion. For now, I'm giving Coates the benefit of the doubt. Wednesday will tell which route he's decided to take.
    excellent excellent point. I agree I think coates will have ororo tone down the animosity having them end on a positive note. as you said I dont see him doing all of this to put them together solely to put them in a love triangle.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I agree with your first statement but this type of pettiness (if they are fighting for tchalla) exists between black men (straight and/or gay). this isn't behavior black women solely display.

and I never accused you of hypersensitivity as it was a question so my apologies if it came across as such. I'm not sure what LGBTQ issues I would ever be hypersensitivity about because my primary concern in media (ie comics) has always been the good portrayal of black people. I cant recall any given time I've gone in on LGBTQ related issues in relation to comics; I have gone in on black love many, many of times. that said, there has to be conflict and that is what I see this as and not stereotypical writing of black women. this is why I asked the question but perhaps perspective is the cause of us seeing this differently. to your point about pride and self respect, have you never argued with another black person in your life? did you always respond in a manner that you in hindsight would make you proud? anger and jealousy are human emotions we all fall victim to at some point in our lives. maybe nakia values being true to her feelings and making them known; maybe this is a manifestation of pride and self respect - being true to oneself. nonetheless, two women engaging in conflict (regardless of the reason) I dont see issue with but our perspectives are different. again no disrespect was meant with my chose of words but was trying to present a different angle in looking at their exchange.
    I think you just changed the nature of the debate. People argue and things can get strained no doubt, anger and jealousy are very human emotions. But this whole time my argument has been about a physical confrontation between Nakia and Storm which some people were condoning.

In my lifetime I have never physically fought anyone for the affection of another. I've never felt the need to prove myself in that manner. If the person wants to be with me, then let it be because they want to be with me and not because I kicked somebody's ass. What happens if someone comes along and beats me the next time?

Like I said, it's a dumb thing to do.

Lol Geez! I look in this morning and there is a pretty intense reaction over a the scan + my interest in a fight between Nakia & Storm...?! I think some folks read too much into this.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol Geez! I look in this morning and there is a pretty intense reaction over a the scan + my interest in a fight between Nakia & Storm...?! I think some folks read too much into this.
    agreed. agreed and agreed lol.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hell yes! this looks good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. That Expression, exactly.
    My Goddess Is. Not. Amused.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

So, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

wonderful find. this is what I need in my life!

I wonder what this issue will be about?

I love that stank face she's giving! Yes gawd!!!