Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Laura and Hisako should've been in this book. They are right up,there with Jubes in terms of "Logan's daughters". Still gonna pick this up tho.

.........that's Deathstrike......
    Right, my mistake.

I guess she is busy in other comics.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I will have to check it out, thank you!
    Sorry , Laura does not appear in that mini, at least not in the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As far as Psylocke goes, Logan had a hand in helping her break free of her Lady Mandarin persona when she first emerged from the Seige Perilous and played a vital part in that whole Crimson Dawn stuff after Sabretooth nearly killed her. I'd say Logan and Psylocke were pretty close. As for Domino, well... they had a brief fling and she even gave him road head lol. Man, I miss the days when comics were somewhat innocent. I'm sure Storm will play some significant role though. I mean if Kitty ain't boss hoggin it again.
    True, but it is also true that all those who are there, the least close to Logan are Betsy and Domino.

BANNED

If Magneto is one of the most dangerous mutants in the world, why hasn't Kitty Pryde contacted the O5 yet?
    If this is the case, why hasn't she already rescued them yet?
    What happens if they die and cause a temporal paradox?
    I always thought it was Kitty who was responsible for the safety of the O5.
    Well, clearly she's negligent.
    And we already know what will happen in the future, so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    No telling what the future holds. But Jordan D. White did say he preferred Emma, Magneto, and Sabretooth as villains because we don't have enough awesome villains to start turning them all good. He also noted Daken as a terrible person & was confused when I used him as an example for characters who get more pass than Sabretooth.

So all these characters being depicted as more villainous/antagonistic probably isn't a coincidence. So we got Magneto, Sabretooth, and Daken for villains here.
    I disagree with a lot of White's opinions regarding the X-Men, including his opinion that Emma, Erik + Creed should be villains. Yes, their morals are compromised, but Wolverine, Rogue and a dozen other X-Men have gone bad at some point, yet they're not treated like walking scumbags whenever it's convenient. I don't see why these characters have to be either hero OR villain when there's room for them to be both. And regarding Daken, he has been a terrible person in the past but also has walked a path of redemption (though that's been ignored by other writers). I'll be very disappointed if these characters revert to their antagonistic roots, because I'd like to think they're much more than that after everything they've been through.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    If Magneto is one of the most dangerous mutants in the world, why hasn't Kitty Pryde contacted the O5 yet?
    If this is the case, why hasn't she already rescued them yet?
    What happens if they die and cause a temporal paradox?
    I always thought it was Kitty who was responsible for the safety of the O5.
    Well, clearly she's negligent.
    And we already know what will happen in the future, so...
    Kitty wasn't happy with the O5 working with Mags from what I remember and mightn't trust their judgment. I think she figured their fate is out of her hands as they're more than capable of making their own decisions. And given all the attacks and deaths whilst Kitty has been in charge, I don't really have confidence in her leadership capabilities.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I disagree with a lot of White's opinions regarding the X-Men, including his opinion that Emma, Erik + Creed should be villains. Yes, their morals are compromised, but Wolverine, Rogue and a dozen other X-Men have gone bad at some point, yet they're not treated like walking scumbags whenever it's convenient. I don't see why these characters have to be either hero OR villain when there's room for them to be both. And regarding Daken, he has been a terrible person in the past but also has walked a path of redemption (though that's been ignored by other writers). I'll be very disappointed if these characters revert to their antagonistic roots, because I'd like to think they're much more than that after everything they've been through.
    I agree, and it sucks the patterns some characters have fallen into, and will keep being reset to whenever they start getting development. And Sabretooth wasn't even intended to be a villain. X-Men Forever shows what Claremont intended for him. Then they turned him into a complete scumbag who showed some deeper sides on occasion. Then they eventually just made him a scumbag Wolverine's accessory. And that last one is sticking hard.

I mentioned Deadpool as another example for characters who aren't good people, yet they get a pass. White defends Deadpool by saying he never slaughtered for the fun of committing slaughter. Never mind all the other horrible crap he's done, the inversion making him a better person, and his being in love with the evil Shiklah who loved Wade because he was a bad person. lol

Daken will still get some leeway. It seems his relationship with his "sisters" is around to stay, and they'll love him no matter how disgusting he is. Magneto & Emma have some room to still be developed characters even if they're antagonists again. They may not become cardboard cutouts. Hopefully. Creed is gonna be the main one who's character is reset to a complete scumbag with nothing else going for him. Except occasionally being used by Mystique at her convenience.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-17-2018 at 10:40 PM.

BANNED

No telling what the future holds. But Jordan D. White did say he preferred Emma, Magneto, and Sabretooth as villains because we don't have enough awesome villains to start turning them all good. He also noted Daken as a terrible person & was confused when I used him as an example for characters who get more pass than Sabretooth.

So all these characters being depicted as more villainous / antagonistic probably isn't a coincidence. So we got Magneto, Sabretooth, and Daken for villains here.

I agree, and it sucks the patterns some characters have fallen into, and will keep being reset to whenever they start getting development. And Sabretooth wasn't even intended to be a villain. X-Men Forever shows what Claremont intended for him. Then they turned him into a complete scumbag who showed some deeper sides on occasion. Then they eventually just made him a scumbag Wolverine's accessory. And that last one is sticking hard.

I mentioned Deadpool as another example for characters who aren't good people, yet they get a pass. White defends Deadpool by saying he never slaughtered for the fun of committing slaughter. Never mind all the other horrible crap he's done, the inversion making him a better person, and his being in love with the evil Shiklah who loved Wade because he was a bad person. lol

Daken will still get some leeway. It seems his relationship with his "sisters" is around to stay, and they'll love him no matter how disgusting he is. Magneto & Emma have some room to still be developed characters even if they're antagonists again. They may not become cardboard cutouts. Hopefully. Creed is gonna be the main one who's character is reset to a complete scumbag with nothing else going for him. Except occasionally being used by Mystique at her convenience.
    And that makes me very sad.
    Everything I see or read about that new editor, and what he thinks about Scott, Emma, Erik, Creed, Colossus and Daken just makes me very worried.

IIRC weren't Psylocke and Wolverine once mind-linked. (When she stabbed him in the head, lol.)

I wonder what "secret" Logan knows about Rogue that he never told her. I trust Zub, but I'll admit that it does kinda have me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Last part seems unlikely. Zub already confirmed that Storm, Rogue and Jubilee aren’t as central to the story as the other three.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    IIRC weren't Psylocke and Wolverine once mind-linked. (When she stabbed him in the head, lol.)

I wonder what "secret" Logan knows about Rogue that he never told her. I trust Zub, but I'll admit that it does kinda have me worried.
    I think the "reveal" about Rogue may be a set up for a future story. As far as being worried, I'm not. I have my suspicions of what it could be. If I'm right, it will force Rogue to let go of something she felt was responsible for years.
    Also, if I'm right, if the "reveal" is done in the presence of Kitty, Storm, and Psylocke, they will be shocked, too.
    Last edited by mikeb; 05-18-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm dissapointed that Laura is not in this book.
    Me too, does not compute.

Last part seems unlikely. Zub already confirmed that Storm, Rogue and Jubilee aren’t as central to the story as the other three.
    So, just to be clear, Jubilee is less central to a story about Wolverine’s ressurrection than Domino is? Is it Backwards Day and nobody told me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think the "reveal" about Rogue may be a set up for a future story. As far as being worried, I'm not. I have my suspicions of what it could be. If I'm right, it will force Rogue to let go of something she felt was responsible for years.
    Also, if I'm right, if the "reveal" is done in the presence of Kitty, Storm, and Psylocke, they will be shocked, too.
    I'm curious, what's your guess?

I'm curious, what's your guess?
    This month is also the 35th anniversary of UXM#171. It may have something to do with that. I don't want to say, because I've been wrong in the past...

Looks good, the arts meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I don’t think the writers that came after Claremont could ever decide exactly what that meant. To me it seems pretty obvious: articulate (they move), quasi-animate (they obey her mental commands), transitory (they don’t last long), plasmoids (small orbs of plasma - electrically charged gas burning so hot that it can cause nuclear fusion).

But for ease of use I guess they decided to just go with “lumikinetic” (it glows and explodes).
    Not to be a sciences dork but kinetic doesn’t mean explode it means relating to or resulting from motion. The word literally translates to light relating to or resulting from motion. The writer obviously just said this sounds science-y
    Last edited by WeaponX; 05-18-2018 at 05:21 AM.

I love the girls but I’m confused as to why Psylocke and Domino are there, given that they don’t have that much of an important relationship with Logan? In fact, Zub says that they both (and Kitty) play the central roles in the story. Kitty makes sense in this context, but Psylocke and Domino though? I would have thought that Storm would play one of the bigger roles too...
    Psylocke and Wolverine are extremely close. He’s one of her best friends and most trusted companions. He even got a whole short story after she died to emphasize their relationship and how much he was going to miss her.