Page 207 of 357 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I wonder where the books will be a year from now.

Aaron's book will still be going on, but i wonder whether there will be a cleanse of the satelite books.. or at least of the current satelite writer(s)

BP:Venomverse, Wakanda Forever, Shuri book (no offense), i think they will have exhausted all her options for writing crap cash-grab stories for movie-characters not-named T'Challa by the start of the 2019/2020 NBA season, no? BP:WoW and BP:Crew by them other chicks? I guess they been tagged out huh? Or are they on rotation if/when this current one gets bounced?

I wonder if it will be just a bunch of BP teamup books, like in DP and MKs series, a year from now. I think the Killmonger sales may play a factor since this seems like the first satelite book since Rise that actually seems to be taken seriously by Marvel.

Hmmm
    Marvel's approach to putting out spin-off BP books has been a laughable, disappointment with the exception of Rise.

None of the characters had any appeal(even The -NuCrew. No one wanted this team). Marvel just slapped a name and title on a book about a bunch of characters without any thought if it would make any sense.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates doesn't right for trades, he writes for complete collections. Every single story is 12 issues long and hell, doesn't even answer all the questions presented in the run lol. He likes to end his runs on a "shrug" so far.
    Yeah, writing for trades certainly isn't entirely accurate. I think they reworked things a bit because I think A Nation Under Feet got three trades, which didn't quite work. This one looks to have two, which isn't as logical as a single collected edition but is better organized.

I wanna go back to this real quick.

There was a TON of moving parts at this time in regards to Black Panther Canon. Now, the marvel editors were either on point and knew exactly what they were doing canon wise... or they F'd it up and its a coincidence that you can squint and make it work. I think it is the second thing based on the art and what was going on during that time.

During that time period. Tchalla and the mythos were basically in limbo. They would pop up here and there (defenders, daredevil for instance) but it was always weird. Shuri was queen and black panther... but suddenly tchalla was around and he was dressed as black panther too (despite nothing int he mythos sayign there could be two). It was weird, I don't think writers really knew what was going on so they just used T'challa because they were used to T'challa.
    Great post as usual (sorry to cut it short). They were definitely hand-waivy when it came to Shuri being Black Panther and T'Challa's role. In some ways, it's a shame they didn't commit more fully to Shuri, but it's not surprising.

I am going to fathom a wild guess that T'challa defeats Killmonger and the Mkraan plot device sends him back home.
    I think that resolution is likely, but I do think there are some character moments along the way. I'll admit that I haven't read all of X-Men continuity but I have read from the start of Claremont's run past Onslaught at this point. The last time the M'Kraan Crystal appeared in what I've read is Age of Apocalypse, which seems to be the main source they're drawing from when using it as a plot device. Interestingly enough, in that story, the crystal involved alternate realities and not just time travel. I wonder if there's a possibility that this is an alternate reality rather than just the future. Although that distinction is a somewhat small one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, writing for trades certainly isn't entirely accurate. I think they reworked things a bit because I think A Nation Under Feet got three trades, which didn't quite work. This one looks to have two, which isn't as logical as a single collected edition but is better organized.
    The three trade thing in season 1 was cold blooded

Great post as usual (sorry to cut it short). They were definitely hand-waivy when it came to Shuri being Black Panther and T'Challa's role. In some ways, it's a shame they didn't commit more fully to Shuri, but it's not surprising.
    THere is an alternate future out there where T'challa woke up from his coma, got the alchemy power upgrade for Doom War and kept it, T'challa kills Doom during Doom War, and T'challa and Storm ride off into the sunset as a superhero tandem while Shuri stays Queen of Wakanda.

I think that resolution is likely, but I do think there are some character moments along the way. I'll admit that I haven't read all of X-Men continuity but I have read from the start of Claremont's run past Onslaught at this point. The last time the M'Kraan Crystal appeared in what I've read is Age of Apocalypse, which seems to be the main source they're drawing from when using it as a plot device. Interestingly enough, in that story, the crystal involved alternate realities and not just time travel. I wonder if there's a possibility that this is an alternate reality rather than just the future. Although that distinction is a somewhat small one.
    Future stories always turn into alternate realities anyway. "one of the possible futures" seems to be the tagline.

With wormholes, eden, and the M'Kraan involved..... alternate reality seems more plausible anyway.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel's approach to putting out spin-off BP books has been a laughable, disappointment with the exception of Rise.

None of the characters had any appeal(even The -NuCrew. No one wanted this team). Marvel just slapped a name and title on a book about a bunch of characters without any thought if it would make any sense.
    They should have waited until the first BP trailer to come out before they started spin off brigade.

Marvel loves their synergy and my god, Coates decisions in season 1 made that almost impossible.

All because Marvel editors had absolutely no ability to think into the future. Why they thought it would be a great idea to destroy some of the fundamental aspects of the franchise (the monarchy, doras, social progressiveness, shuri) right before he was about to be introduced into the MCU is just bizarre as hell.

They only way Coates could have deconstructed and destroyed the mythos any farther is if he actually killed T'challa.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The three trade thing in season 1 was cold blooded
    While it's tempting, I'm not even sure it was done maliciously. I genuinely think Marvel had no idea how to handle it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

They should have waited until the first BP trailer to come out before they started spin off brigade.

Marvel loves their synergy and my god, Coates decisions in season 1 made that almost impossible.

All because Marvel editors had absolutely no ability to think into the future. Why they thought it would be a great idea to destroy some of the fundamental aspects of the franchise (the monarchy, doras, social progressiveness, shuri) right before he was about to be introduced into the MCU is just bizarre as hell.

They only way Coates could have deconstructed and destroyed the mythos any farther is if he actually killed T'challa.
    He cut his balls off. That's close enough to death.

The Shuri book is suffering from an identity crisis. Who the heck is this Shuri? And the art is more on the cartoony side.

If I were doing Shuri, I'd have her leave Wakanda and go on walkabout to figure out who she is and what she wants to do.

She's been queen, Griot, dead, hothead and a few more things sprinkled in. Her best portrayal was under Hickman by far(confident leader not afraid of making the hard, tough decisions).

I think there should be more minis to flesh out the history of Wakanda that would focus on what McGregor, Priest and Hudlin added to the mythos. Ignore Coates stuff altogether. It's not that appealing.

[COLOR="#000080"]He cut his balls off. That's close enough to death.

The Shuri book is suffering from an identity crisis. Who the heck is this Shuri? And the art is more on the cartoony side.

If I were doing Shuri, I'd have her leave Wakanda and go on walkabout to figure out who she is and what she wants to do.
    This was my idea following SW. Of course, I didn't realize she was "dead" still lol.

I woulda had her leave Wakanda on a walkabout basically because she is massively depressed.

She made it to her goal in life (black panther and queen) and under her rule (whether her fault or not)... Wakanda got 100% obliterated. Took a HARD L.

She accomplished her goal in life and FAILED. First royal to not be able to protect Wakanda. Imagine that sort of guilt? Even if it really wasn't your fault, you would still feel like it was. She was queen. Wakanda was ash.

Her brother had to fix everythign and reclaimed the throne/title.

She would be incredibly confused what she is supposed to do with her life now.

Hell, T'challa lost the crown and went to freaking Hell's Kitchen lall confused and he didn't even see Wakanda get destroyed in his tenure.

It could be a GREAT book and a really really deep look at Shuri the person. Shit would win awards if they wanted.

BAck then, I would have had her get Mage powers while she is wondering Africa.

oh well.

This was my idea following SW. Of course, I didn't realize she was "dead" still lol.

I woulda had her leave Wakanda on a walkabout basically because she is massively depressed.

She made it to her goal in life (black panther and queen) and under her rule (whether her fault or not)... Wakanda got 100% obliterated. Took a HARD L.

She accomplished her goal in life and FAILED. First royal to not be able to protect Wakanda. Imagine that sort of guilt? Even if it really wasn't your fault, you would still feel like it was. She was queen. Wakanda was ash.

Hell, T'challa lost the crown and went to freaking Hell's Kitchen lall confused and he didn't even see Wakanda get destroyed in his tenure.

It could be a GREAT book and a really really deep look at Shuri the person. Shit would win awards if they wanted.

oh well.
    A good writer and art and that book would have sold. It would have been the perfect companion to a BP solo(Not Coates though).

You bring up good points about what would be in Shuri's head, failing to protect Wakanda, having her brother fix everything.

That would have been far better character development.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    BP:Venomverse, Wakanda Forever, Shuri book (no offense), i think they will have exhausted all her options for writing crap cash-grab stories for movie-characters not-named T'Challa by the start of the 2019/2020 NBA season, no? BP:WoW and BP:Crew by them other chicks? I guess they been tagged out huh? Or are they on rotation if/when this current one gets bounced?

I wonder if it will be just a bunch of BP teamup books, like in DP and MKs series, a year from now. I think the Killmonger sales may play a factor since this seems like the first satelite book since Rise that actually seems to be taken seriously by Marvel.

Hmmm
    The thing is all those books are doing well as TRADES.

So it comes down to who do you look at if you are Marvel-those trade or comic single issue sales?

Remember we are still due another wave of Panther toys, Shuri is getting a Hot Toys figure as is Michael B Jordan's Killmonger, Avengers 4, Redjacks's Panther story arc on tv and who knows what else is planned in 2019.

Black Panther 's Halloween showcase with white kids dressed as him and the Doras.

They are going to milk whatever they can out of Panther. And don't let Miles's film take off-you'll see Panther & Miles together in some offball team up book.

So, i had been curious about reading the run when Black Panther remplace Daredevil as the protector of Hell's Kitchen, is worth checking? or should ignore it?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So, i had been curious about reading the run when Black Panther remplace Daredevil as the protector of Hell's Kitchen, is worth checking? or should ignore it?
    If you like street level DD/Batman noir type stories I would say yes.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-01-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The thing is all those books are doing well as TRADES.

So it comes down to who do you look at if you are Marvel-those trade or comic single issue sales?

Remember we are still due another wave of Panther toys, Shuri is getting a Hot Toys figure as is Michael B Jordan's Killmonger, Avengers 4, Redjacks's Panther story arc on tv and who knows what else is planned in 2019.

Black Panther 's Halloween showcase with white kids dressed as him and the Doras.

They are going to milk whatever they can out of Panther. And don't let Miles's film take off-you'll see Panther & Miles together in some offball team up book.
    Unless its a comic meant for young readers that Marvel can sell bulk trades to Scholastic(sp), they look at the single direct sales. Otherwise those books would still be ongoing just to put trades out.

oh well.
    Bro, have we talked about this before? Because i was LITERALLY going to make this exact same pitch for what Shuri's arc should've been from jump. lmao

The only thing i would add is that the story arc would deserve to have some very META elements, because there's the big elephant in the room that's always been there since Shuri's existence: she wants to be Black Panther, everyone else (writers, long-time fans, even Bast) wanted it to be T'Challa. The classic "you're not the favorite/chosen sibling".

i.e. You're Seth Curry, instead of Steph Curry, and you had to live under that shadow until Steph got hurt and you stepped up... but you ultimately failed, Steph got healthy, reclaimed his top spot... and now, among all that celebration that your brother is back in top MVP form, where does that leave you?

That has always been the definitive Shuri story that needed to be told. How she bounces back and rediscovers herself. Like I would love for there to be a scene towards the end (after she's rediscovered herself) with Bast talkin slick about how Wakanda fell under Shuri's rule but Shuri snaps back like "well, maybe if you'd included me in those premonitions you had instead of hording them for just my brother and Reed Richards, we all could've prepared for a fukkin flood or worked together to prevent the end of the mulitiverse from ever happening. Speaking of which Bast, where were you?" #getthestrap

A good writer and art and that book would have sold. It would have been the perfect companion to a BP solo(Not Coates though).

You bring up good points about what would be in Shuri's head, failing to protect Wakanda, having her brother fix everything.

That would have been far better character development.
    It would've been the story she deserved.

Instead, Coates did his little bastardized version of it that was less about Shuri and more about black male/female dysfunction... and now we're looking at this MCU-ized permutation