Page 585 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Um, what agenda? Why does this sub always devolve into male vs female?
    It doesn't, in fact this thread is very good about being pretty balanced In promoting positive showings of both. The problem here is the fake woke crowd.

Did you know that before BP dropped, Black Twitter was going on and on about how of the movie doesn't portray Black women right or if they weren't shown as equals, or showing Black dysfunction they would riot, then Not even a couple hours after it dropped, those same people started going on and on about if the sequel, you guessed it, pit black men vs women, Shuri should fight T'Challa for the mantle and win, or they should adapt Coates nation under our feet and have the Dora rebel, basically anything and everything they could think of to remove T'Challa, a Black Man and powerful African king, and replace him with Shuri or any woman really. That isht then seeps on by some that randomly show up here and then it gets discussed.

There is a agenda going on. One that pits minorities against one another fighting for crumbs instead of demanding equal treatment for all.

Black Panther should of forced more diversity at been the example. Instead idiots want to cannibalize the mythos and take a established character and replace him with a female character instead of demanding characters like Storm, Misty, Monica etc get proper showing and development like they deserve. THAT'S the agenda people are talking about here. The constant Black men vs black women, and calls for any successful Black male to be replaced by a Black female, and if you don't agree your are a misogynistic, sexist who is intimated by strong Black women.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They aren't. But when comics, namely the big two, only focus on one Black Male or Black Female character at any given time at a time, it usually results in Black fans wanting more time for the favorite characters.

Simple question: Why couldn't Black Panther, Blade and Monica be on the Avengers team all at the same time? The did it with Ultimates.
    Why can't Storm, Bishop and Synch be on the main X-Men team?

It almost always seems like Black characters have to take turns in the spotlight while serving as background characters in other titles(Bishop). Hence fans get a little peeved when one character is replaced by another when both can be on the stage at the same time.
    I wouldn't mind an all or mostly Black team in the MCU for at least one movie. I was actually hoping a BP sequel might have T'Challa lead his own team.

I do think Marvel, and media in general, have a problematic attitude preventing them from promoting more than one hero of the same non-White race at once. So I totally understand being fed up with that because I am myself. There should be multiple Black heroes at least on the main teams at once, interacting with one another and everyone else. I just don't think the fans should start acting like it should be this way and complain about other demographics too harshly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't, in fact this thread is very good about being pretty balanced In promoting positive showings of both. The problem here is the fake woke crowd.

Did you know that before BP dropped, Black Twitter was going on and on about how of the movie doesn't portray Black women right or if they weren't shown as equals, or showing Black dysfunction they would riot, then Not even a couple hours after it dropped, those same people started going on and on about if the sequel, you guessed it, pit black men vs women, Shuri should fight T'Challa for the mantle and win, or they should adapt Coates nation under our feet and have the Dora rebel, basically anything and everything they could think of to remove T'Challa, a Black Man and powerful African king, and replace him with Shuri or any woman really. That isht then seeps on by some that randomly show up here and then it gets discussed.

There is a agenda going on. One that pits minorities against one another fighting for crumbs instead of demanding equal treatment for all.

Black Panther should of forced more diversity at been the example. Instead idiots want to cannibalize the mythos and take a established character and replace him with a female character instead of demanding characters like Storm, Misty, Monica etc get proper showing and development like they deserve. THAT'S the agenda people are talking about here. The constant Black men vs black women, and calls for any successful Black male to be replaced by a Black female, and if you don't agree your are a misogynistic, sexist who is intimated by strong Black women.
    Um, why can't BP have female heroes too? No offense, but this is a bit of the attitude I'm referring to. The comments acting like Black women are taking away Black male roles.

They aren't. But when comics, namely the big two, only focus on one Black Male or Black Female character at any given time at a time, it usually results in Black fans wanting more time for the favorite characters.

Simple question: Why couldn't Black Panther, Blade and Monica be on the Avengers team all at the same time? The did it with Ultimates.

It almost always seems like Black characters have to take turns in the spotlight while serving as background characters in other titles(Bishop). Hence fans get a little peeved when one character is replaced by another when both can be on the stage at the same time.
    I also will point out that's what Chad was trying to eliminate and said as much in interviews, yet ironically (sick irony) he passes and they (surprise surprise) Eliminate his position while pretending to care about honoring Chad and his legacy.

Of you really cared, then listen to his frakking j
    Interviews and do what he wanted

I wouldn't mind an all or mostly Black team in the MCU for at least one movie. I was actually hoping a BP sequel might have T'Challa lead his own team.

I do think Marvel, and media in general, have a problematic attitude preventing them from promoting more than one hero of the same non-White race at once. So I totally understand being fed up with that because I am myself. There should be multiple Black heroes at least on the main teams at once, interacting with one another and everyone else. I just don't think the fans should start acting like it should be this way and complain about other demographics too harshly.
    It's still at the feet of the publishers. Not many people had a problem when Shuri first became BP because we still had T'Challa(and Storm) around. He wasn't pushed to the background and ignored.

Bishop and Storm appeared on multiple X-teams but yet there was never a third Black mutant on any of the teams they were on. Again, it's a limitation put in place by the publishers. Why?
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 07-11-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Um, why can't BP have female heroes too? No offense, but this is a bit of the attitude I'm referring to. The comments acting like Black women are taking away Black male roles.
    Where did I say they can't? Of you read my post I said Black Twitter WANTED SHURI TO TAKE THR MANTLE FROM T'CHALLA. They wanted the Dora to rebel against the crown. It wasn't about adding more female heroes. And yes. That's exactly the push. No one was calling for a Shuri movie, they wanted Shuri as BP and T'Challa to go away. They weren't calling for a storm movie or Misty, or Monica etc movie.

No offense but you really gotta read what people are saying. What I said is true, that there are those who push for Black women to replace Black male roles rather then having both occupy the same space.

Ultimate Member

It's still at the feat of the publishers. Not many people had a problem when Shuri first became BP because we still had T'Challa(and Storm) around. He wasn't pushed to the background and ignored.

Bishop and Storm appeared on multiple X-teams but yet there was never a third Black mutant on any of the teams they were on. Again, it's a limitation put in place by the publishers. Why?
    I have no idea why there needs to be a limit

Ultimate Member

Where did I say they can't? Of you read my post I said Black Twitter WANTED SHURI TO TAKE THR MANTLE FROM T'CHALLA. They wanted the Dora to rebel against the crown. It wasn't about adding more female heroes. And yes. That's exactly the push. No one was calling for a Shuri movie, they wanted Shuri as BP and T'Challa to go away. They weren't calling for a storm movie or Misty, or Monica etc movie.

No offense but you really gotta read what people are saying. What I said is true, that there are those who push for Black women to replace Black male roles rather then having both occupy the same space.
    Ok, but that's just Twitter. Everybody here says twitter is crazy so why take it seriously? Of course these characters will attract fans. You think that'll somehow affect the movies? You might be seeing an agenda where there's not one.

And in your previous comment you complained about "criticizing Black female heroes means you'll get called sexist". Hasn't this complaint happened everytime a female character gets promoted?

This is something that Dwayne Mcduffie talked about when he was still living. It’s called the rule of three. If you have one Black character as part of the cast, that’s ok in the eyes of white executives. If you have two Black characters, that’s pushing it but its also fine. But when you have three as part of the main cast then it’s a Black show, which white execs aren’t too keen about.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I have no idea why there needs to be a limit
    That's the question poc keep asking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This is something that Dwayne Mcduffie talked about when he was still living. It’s called the rule of three. If you have one Black character as part of the cast, that’s ok in the eyes of white executives. If you have two Black characters, that’s pushing it but its also fine. But when you have three as part of the main cast then it’s a Black show, which white execs aren’t too keen about.
    Yeah if a writer has more than two poc on a team then they have an agenda.

The new series has been pushed back to debut in November now from August. Wow.

Ultimate Member

Add in boycotting the movie because that "coon" Michael B Jordan allegedly had a now black girlfriend.
    Oh lets include John Ridley in this too-he had a show called Guerillas-black twitter/women threw fits that it was not about them and John's wife was NOT black.
    The movie Detroit was boycotted by black twitter for NOT being about black women-never mind it was a true story.
    The movie CREED-what did I hear? Creed 2 needs to be about his WIFE not him. Not a spinoff movie about her but Creed 2 has to be about HER not Creed.

The fake woke crowd does NOT want the black man around. Unless he is being used as a PROP.

Same ones demanding Shuri as Black Panther are the SAME ones who were MIA when Proud Mary came out.

How many black female lead books have we seen and fake woke was MIA?

While calling black me like me sexist. Yet I am the one with Far Sector, Naomi, Nubia, Moon Girl, Vixen, Concrete Park, Livewire, Kickazz, Black Cotton, Ironheart, Shuri, Goldie Vance, Eve and other black female lead books on my shelf. That propped black woman and NOT at the expense of a black man. Books that were better than Coates Black Panther run.

Yet fake woke won't talk about those books. Because they don't fit the agenda.

Ultimate Member

That's the question poc keep asking.
    I keep wondering it myself. The answer is probably: racism

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    The new series has been pushed back to debut in November now from August. Wow.
    Interesting but I'm not going to read anything into it. I'll just wait until I have a BP solo in my hands.