Page 402 of 662 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/incoming-charact...rvel-universe/
    9. Storm

While the entire universe won’t be directly affected, the loss of Storm would be a rippling effect. Of all of the X-Men, Storm has died significantly less, so there is no basis for the reaction of the world. She is a trusted friend, lover, and advisor of various X-Men teams, Avengers and mutants in general.

Storm is more likely to cause controversy in readership due to her role model status for many younger readers. Since we know that various X-Teams are going to be appearing, those connected to other heroes in the universe have the potential to blow her death out of proportion to find the killer
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You believe the Storm that's pro-mutant issues to the point where nothing else matters to her is the real Storm, I disagree. I feel that the Storm that comes to life in this new social media age would bot have the luxury of focusing solely on mutant issues without focusing on her intersectionality. There would be no way for her to look at the state of the X-Men and the clear lack of diversity and NOT lift her voice to focus on black mutants specifically. Who else on the council of 12 would realistically have the best interests of African mutants at heart when not a single one of them can spark up a real conversation about the utter lack of prominent black Male mutants. In a world where we have to push to turn Magneto black for more diversity, you honestly think Storm as a self aware black woman wouldn't notice? That's fine I'd that's the Storm you're familiar with, but to me it brings false. I just cannot get behind a Storm that regurgitates everything Xavier and Magneto spit out. I know some people champion that Storm, but not me. And it's sad that she can't have her own voice for issues that effect mutants like that look like her. We know for a fact that there are double standards for black mutants. Bishop would be more prominent and Storm wouldn't need a mandate to lead a team and she certainly wouldn't be taking a back seat to white mutants that are only advocates for the white mutant majority. It doesn't make sense for Storm.

Storm knows what she is. A mutant.
    However she knows she is also a black woman.

You don't have Eli Bradley's grandfather-the first Cap America at your wedding and NOT know who he is and what he went through. Especially if you met Eli.
    In that wedding issue-everyone white wondered who that was and why even Panther treated that man like he was a King.

She knows despite being a heroine and saving lives-you got folks who can't get past her skin color. Synch & Prodigy got attacked for being black not mutants.
    She saw what was done to Rage in Sam Wilson's book.

Storm should be the FIRST one to go off about diversity. We have had black male mutants-funny they are not around the X-men. Two who for all truth be told-are DANGEROUS mutants-Prodigy & Synch. Let Silver Surfer or Galactus zap Synch ONE GOOD TIME. Remember Speeball in Civil War? Imagine that WORST.

Because that is a legit question and a JUSTIFIED story-line to do.

We have seen the reaction to Magneto & Charles. We saw the Sentinels. What if that was Static (who if you merge all his versions is at Magneto level)? What would be done? I bet you more than some giant robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    You don't mean by herself do you?
    By herself could be intresting...but what if she the start of a "Mutant God Squad".

Storm, Iceman, Exodus, Jean, Franklin, Legion and other Omegas start their own pantheon...could be fun.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I hope the the whole Storm fighting gods idea some here has doesn't include her taking down Wakandan Gods. I won't lie as a BP fan that would piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I hope the the whole Storm fighting gods idea some here has doesn't include her taking down Wakandan Gods. I won't lie as a BP fan that would piss me off.
    Depending on how they write it, could be awesome.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Depending on how they write it, could be awesome.
    I like storm but I will have to highly disagree on that. I'm already not happy about Coates forcing her into the Wakanda God Pantheon.

BANNED

By herself could be intresting...but what if she the start of a "Mutant God Squad".

Storm, Iceman, Exodus, Jean, Franklin, Legion and other Omegas start their own pantheon...could be fun.
    Interesting... They could be Earth's last line of defense against Herald level and higher threats towards Earth.

maybe my understanding of this is wrong but I dont thnk their powers should work on traditional gods based upon what adversary told the xmen years ago:

their powers are psychical in nature and that was one reason why Ororo's powers were ineffective when she tried to manipulate sefakos storm that plagued wakanda.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I wouldn't want her necessarily beating wakandan gods either. now her beating the Norse gods I would be totally down to see this happen!!! lol

oan these xmen storm memes are hilarious:

Attachment 87675
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-30-2019 at 02:44 PM.

BANNED

Yes, ALL of you keep talking and arguing so that we may finally pass Cyclops Appreciation thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    How many X-Men, since inception, has actually died of old age?
    to the bolded...
    I honestly don't think that that's how the X-Men see it or even how the writers see it but...
    Nobody now. They're all resurrected.

As far as a how a writer will see it, give it time. It will happen in a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    That’s my question too except for as far as we know it’s their EXACT body grown from THEIR tissue using THEIR specific dna genetic code. So in the end what is the difference?? That’s the answer I can’t seem to get from those who think the “cloning” is creepy. How is it anymore more creepy than any of the other contrived ways that people have been brought back to life in the comics medium? Who is going out of there way to be reckless and die for the hell of it because they know they’ll be brought back? It doesn’t make sense to me but I respect opposing opinions for sure.
    I know for sure that I've never said cloning was creepy. I said where is the risk of death when you know that you will be brought back time after time. It just cheapens the death like it has so many times before(and not just for mutants). You can't honestly feel that you will be the same, that you won't lose apart of yourself when you are resurrected.

It would a lot more interesting that if they are going the resurrection route, they follow how Cylons where resurrected on the updated version of Battlestar Galactica. The human/Cylons were resurrected so many times, that they were becoming less and less of themselves. They even began questioning the resurrection process.

But I won't derail the thread further with this topic. Back to Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    maybe my understanding of this is wrong but I dont thnk their powers should work on traditional gods based upon what adversary told the xmen years ago:

their powers are psychical in nature and that was one reason why Ororo's powers were ineffective when she tried to manipulate sefakos storm that plagued wakanda.
    Really? I thought Ororo walked all over Sefako in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, ALL of you keep talking and arguing so that we may finally pass Cyclops Appreciation thread!!!!

What? Oh hell no! Stop posting immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wouldn't want her necessarily beating wakandan gods either. now her beating the Norse gods I would be totally down to see this happen!!! lol

oan these xmen storm memes are hilarious:

Attachment 87675
    Is that why she kept falling asleep in Gold?