Page 623 of 750 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So, Kasper saves the day?

In the comics.
    In the comics.
    In the comics.

Every single idea I've seen for BP2 is basically "They should retell the comics!" Despite the fact that the MCU has never done straight adaptations. The closest was probably Winter Soldier, and even that was drastically different.

Namor. Doom. Shuri. Every plot idea that I've seen rumored or claimed regarding them comes straight from the comics... and usually not good ones. Where are the theories involving M'Baku, Okoye, or Nakia? Nowhere, because "that's not what they did in the comics".

Pardon my French, but fsck the comics (RJ's upcoming story excluded). BP hasn't been treated well by the publishing arm for 10 years, and they don't deserve to get any input on the movies.
    If you want T'Challa to return rather than recast, I think the "in your comics" mentality is actually your best friend. Because we know dam well in the comics, even if T'Challa were to die he wouldn't stay dead and Shuri at least would be keeping the throne warm for her brother. Comics champion the status quo.

The reason anyone actually believes Shuri even has the slightest chance in the world of legitimately taking over the BP mantle is because in the movies, unlike the comics, change is at least a possibility. In the MCU, unlike in the comics there's a chance Stark will stay dead and Sam will actually get to keep the shield.

The fact that the MCU doesn't follow the comics is exactly why a small but vocal group of people actually believe Shuri has a chance. Because everyone knows it doesn't work that way in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Thanks. It does seem to just pop up every once in a while.
    That's right, I think he did it again in Agents of Wakanda.

My comic knowledge is slowly leaving me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe how it works is that the Panther Habit can manage short-distance teleportation just fine, but T'Challa would need something more externalized for considerably longer distances. At least, that would be my take.
    I think with just the normal power he has stored in the habit he should at least have a 10 mile max teleport radius.

Astonishing Member

I don't like T'Challa having teleportation tech. He's the most agile martial artist in the MU, he should be relying exclusively on that in the field. And if he can't dodge, between his personal strength and vibranium suit he should be able to tank a hit. The emphasis should always be on him as a hand-to-hand warrior.

Having a teleportation portal in his palace and other important locations makes perfect sense. But him having that tech on his person reeks of tech displacing skill and runs the risk of being overutilized. Hickman didn't demonstrate at any point the tech was needed for him to be effective and it's just something that clutters T'Challa's skillset like all the stuff Aaron is doing now.

Suit, claws, kinetic channeling, and daggers are more than enough for T'Challa to take on most characters. And occasionally a handful of Kimoyo beads for hacking, EMPs, and smokescreens. Stuff like teleportation, consecrated napalm, and lightsabers is unnecessary imo.

BANNED

No need to keep looking. WWO was BP’s chance to recover. Priest is that dude! Hudlin! RJ! I Respect the Gods.

Don’t get my sensationalized roasting & boasting twisted. Wrestling is fake. The athleticism is real.

I jumped into the ring. I took The BP challenge. I could’ve epically failed. I made a BP comic.

This is your champion. Please. we need more champions. HEAVY WEIGHTS!

Does Corporate benefit from cosplay & Fanart/ Fanfic?

WWO wrote a new playbook. “Where does Vibranium come from?” For the fans of BP.
    Their silence is offensive. We are not alone. We who carry the flame. Those who F**k wit WWO. The wounds heal with good medicine.

If I had to say one thing to any Black Panther creator/ Marvel/ …

This healing move here. I want to go this way. RIP CAB

A tribute to the great kings…

I offer you… the greatest black heroes…

Funkadelic - Cosmic Slop (1973) | Music Video

I offer you… the greatest black heroes…

Guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I have huge doubts but that would be a pleasant surprise and the least he could do, other that outright say he story was an elseworld story. Years of punking solved in one issue, kinda like how Ayala destroyed his years of Storm simping in one issue
    There's always my one-panel, two-word solution...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you want T'Challa to return rather than recast, I think the "in your comics" mentality is actually your best friend. Because we know dam well in the comics, even if T'Challa were to die he wouldn't stay dead and Shuri at least would be keeping the throne warm for her brother. Comics champion the status quo.
    The comics sell 100K on a good day. The movie made $1.3 billion. Change is inevitable. The question is "what change"?

How is it that fans can accept Iron Man dying, Cap retiring, Thor becoming the Dude from The Big Lebowski, and Hulk resolving his biggest conflict between movies, but the only solution they have for replacing T'Challa (assuming Marvel chooses to go that route) is to stampede to the comics?

Without thinking hard, I came up with a lovely idea: M'Baku as Black Panther. He's forced to cope with not only his traditional isolationism but also his personal technophobia.
    He bumps heads with Shuri the entire movie on the latter while dealing with the expectations of his fellow citizens AND the outside world.

It's a strong character arc, never done in the MCU before OR the comics. But rather than looking for a good story, everyone wants to retell bloody DOOMWAR.

Still no news for the next issue of Black Panther series.....

The comics sell 100K on a good day. The movie made $1.3 billion. Change is inevitable. The question is "what change"?

How is it that fans can accept Iron Man dying, Cap retiring, Thor becoming the Dude from The Big Lebowski, and Hulk resolving his biggest conflict between movies, but the only solution they have for replacing T'Challa (assuming Marvel chooses to go that route) is to stampede to the comics?

Without thinking hard, I came up with a lovely idea: M'Baku as Black Panther. He's forced to cope with not only his traditional isolationism but also his personal technophobia.
    He bumps heads with Shuri the entire movie on the latter while dealing with the expectations of his fellow citizens AND the outside world.

It's a strong character arc, never done in the MCU before OR the comics. But rather than looking for a good story, everyone wants to retell bloody DOOMWAR.

You make interesting suggestion. I would prefer M'Baku even before Shuri. Her consideration has the stink of agenda so bad now. At least with him there's building on good elements that are aligned in the movie.

I DON'T think people believe replacing T'Challa with Shuri is the only solution. It's arguably the most obvious aside from recasting... just not the only. Heck, I've heard some theories about Killmonger becoming BP. There are several viable options, M'Baku included.

I believe it's the loudest alternative because a certain portion of the viewership support the idea of a minority female leading an MCU movie ... and Shuri might be the only realistic possibility that may ever happen. But that's less about strictly following the comics and more about supporting a social agenda of greater representation.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-16-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He teleported a short distance on his own in the first issue of Hickman's New Avengers. Haven't seen him do it since.
    Technically, he should be able to teleport even further, like when the Black order overran Wakanda and he teleported to the mobile base, however far that was is unknown but it was likely in New York. So he can teleport pretty far.

Then using Shadow physics he can teleport light-years away as seen in ultimates

The reason anyone actually believes Shuri even has the slightest chance in the world of legitimately taking over the BP mantle is because in the movies, unlike the comics, change is at least a possibility. In the MCU, unlike in the comics there's a chance Stark will stay dead and Sam will actually get to keep the shield.

The fact that the MCU doesn't follow the comics is exactly why a small but vocal group of people actually believe Shuri has a chance. Because everyone knows it doesn't work that way in the comics.
    No the "Because the comics" mentality is the main driving reason behind why everyone keeps saying that Shuri will take over. K. Fact, last night was the first and only time I have seen anyone actually give a more detailed response then "Because the comics" and even then, they followed it by spouting off false information such as "mI have seen and read that marvel was already planning to replace T'Challa with Shuri in the sequel", and it was " the plan all along" it's literally the primary reason and the one one people can give and when they give more it still comes back to that.

And T'Challa has never died in comics unlike toby or Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No the "Because the comics" mentality is the main driving reason behind why everyone keeps saying that Shuri will take over. K. Fact, last night was the first and only time I have seen anyone actually give a more detailed response then "Because the comics" and even then, they followed it by spouting off false information such as "mI have seen and read that marvel was already planning to replace T'Challa with Shuri in the sequel", and it was " the plan all along" it's literally the primary reason and the one one people can give and when they give more it still comes back to that.

And T'Challa has never died in comics unlike toby or Cap
    I completely disagree. I think the social agenda aspect of the push for Shuri is completely obvious ... half the reason I think people are bothered by Shuri being BP so much is because it's so obvious.You only have to go 2 posts up to see an example of that.

There is a clear agenda at work here... and my personal feelings about social agendas in fiction aside, objectively speaking there probably SHOULD be. Even if I personally don't lose any sleep over whether or not we get a minority female lead in an MCU movie, obviously there are people that do care and they SHOULD be fighting for it even if the fight likely won't lead to anything. Shuri is their best, and arguably their ONLY shot... so they are naturally going to take it. The fact that it does line up with the comics is the justification for asking for it... but not the actual reason.

I completely disagree. I think the social agenda aspect of the push for Shuri is completely obvious ... half the reason I think people are bothered by Shuri being BP so much is because it's so obvious.You only have to go 2 posts up to see an example of that.

There is a clear agenda at work here... and my personal feelings about social agendas in fiction aside, objectively speaking there probably SHOULD be. Even if I personally don't lose any sleep over whether or not we get a minority female lead in an MCU movie, obviously there are people that do care and they SHOULD be fighting for it even if the fight likely won't lead to anything. Shuri is their best, and arguably their ONLY shot... so they are naturally going to take it. The fact that it does line up with the comics is the justification for asking for it... but not the actual reason.
    So you mean tell Marvel has no catalog of black female heroes?? On top of getting hold of X-Men...including storm. Bro there are plenty of chances to have black female heroes shine on the screen. This argument that ramming a black female lead for Black Panther is somehow a moral, social imperative is ridiculously flawed. They have black female heroes and they deserve their OWN lane.

Spectacular Member

Dude, c'mon use your common sense here. You can't just be ok with Shuri being BP out of nowhere in the MCU with out any real reason, look I know people wanna see a "woman of color" as a hero and all that blah blah but making Shuri the Black Panther with the only excuse being Chadwicks death and "representation" is pretty much one of the lamest excuses ever plus marvel has Black Female heroes they barely use and yes this applies to storm as well that they can introduce anytime. You mention agendas and at one point social media and that's kind of the issue, pandering is bad especially when your pandering to the lowest denominator just to "play it safe" when the only thing they'd be doing is just making a situation even worse. Look, it's clear everyone in here is still choked up about Chadwicks death but there's nothing we can do about that but move on and make sure he isn't forgotten. Chadwicks legacy is not and should not be defined by a comic book movie no matter how much it made or how successful and Chadwicks career is more than just that unless you're one of these lame casuals that only know him from BP, I'm fine with them just recasting because for 1. Tchalla isn't dead and the only people who would find a recast "disrespectful" are people who can't separate a character from they're actor counterpart. Idk why this discussion is even relevant again considering it's clear no one in here except me has they're mind made up, not that my opinion even matters to begin with.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 11-16-2020 at 09:41 AM.