Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, I worry about that. I'm guessing it's going to be a watered down version of what he actually wants to write.
    It may the best thing that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, I worry about that. I'm guessing it's going to be a watered down version of what he actually wants to write.
    Probably because they know Cap fans will run him out of town if he’s given complete free reign on what he can do like he did with Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He doesn't.

People with more credibility on the topic disagree.

Also, you think that Priest is the only person who has a thorough understanding of Black Panther? There are people out there who don't write comics who can school a lot of people about Black Panther.
    I believe he has a greater understanding than the people that frequent this board.

So no, while I give him lots of praise for his work on Black Panther, Priest's words are not gospel. And Coates T'Challa is nowhere nears Priest's.

-CBB.
    That's cool and all, but it still speaks volumes that people that have actually contributed to the BP mythos are fans of what's Coates doing.

Black Panther Will cross 750mWW today, 800m this weekend (possibly as early as Friday) with a shot at 850mWW as well depending on how well it holds and how Japan receives it.

EDIT: Actually, unless the film tanks suddenly overseas, the film is pretty much guaranteed to be at 850mWW after this weekend. It's also got a decent chance at hotting 900mWW before it opens in China on 03/09.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 02-28-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    People with more credibility on the topic disagree.

I believe he has a greater understanding than the people that frequent this board.

That's cool and all, but it still speaks volumes that people that have actually contributed to the BP mythos are fans of what's Coates doing.
    How do you know? We can question your credibility as well. There are people on this board that have as much knowledge as Priest or any other writer about BP.

You think there is some vault of knowledge that only writers have access to? Everyone has access to any information they want about BP. It's not some exclusive club.

And the creators praising Coates are entitled to an opinion just like anyone else. It just doesn't make it gospel

How do you know? We can question your credibility as well. There are people on this board that have as much knowledge as Priest or any other writer about BP.

What do you mean how do I know? Priest is a prominent figure in the history and development of the BP mythos. You are not. Therefore he has more credibility than you do on the topic.

You think there is some vault of knowledge that only writers have access to? Everyone has access to any information they want about BP. It's not some exclusive club.
    I think that someone who has contributed to the character to the extent Priest has is obviously going to have a more prominent voice than someone who is purely a consumer.

And the creators praising Coates are entitled to an opinion just like anyone else. It just doesn't make it gospel
    It doesn’t make it gospel, but it makes their opinion more important than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    What do you mean how do I know? Priest is a prominent figure in the history and development of the BP mythos. You are not. Therefore he has more credibility than you do on the topic.

I think that someone who has contributed to the character to the extent Priest has is obviously going to have a more prominent voice than someone who is purely a consumer.

It doesn’t make it gospel, but it makes their opinion more important than yours.
    If it makes you feel better telling yourself this, knock yourself out. You must think so little of your own opinion because I don't de-value mine.

Good luck and keep hope alive dude.

Peace.

Just saying...

Do you guys remember when Hudlin posed undercover on a message board during his Black panther run?

(hint hint and stuff)

If it makes you feel better telling yourself this, knock yourself out. You must think so little of your own opinion because I don't de-value mine.

Good luck and keep hope alive dude.

Peace.
    I mean, I guess you could be self observed enough to place your opinion on the direction of BP on equal footing as an individual who was instrumental in his development. This is the United States, afterall.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

TNC on Cap!!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    TNC on Cap!!
    Not good news, for Cap OR BP fans, IMO. Especially since he will be writing both books at the same time, which means his already bad and divisive writing is probably only going to get worse because he will be stretched thin.

Testing testing 1, 2, 3...

In light of the success of Black Panther at the box-office and some of Coates inspired things making it to the big screen how would you feel about another black intellectual writing the Black Panther comic...

Cornel West perhaps???

(wait for it... wait for it...)

Cosigns. writers can tell us more about the arcs that they have created themselves personally. But as fans of the characters in Tire runs writers can tell us more about the arcs that they have created themselves personally. But as fans of the characters entire history, they don't know more. Especially true in the case coats.

Are you gonna proclaim Coats knows more about Captain America then y fan suddenly?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Testing testing 1, 2, 3...

In light of the success of Black Panther at the box-office and some of Coates inspired things making it to the big screen how would you feel about another black intellectual writing the Black Panther comic...

Cornel West perhaps???

(wait for it... wait for it...)
    Youd probably have to take the two to warrior falls for them to gain the privilege.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

The key clues here are "Join Date" number of Posts and IP address...

I mean... Like who materializes out of thin air to defend someone tooth and nail just because!

Definitive Black Panther: "Two steps ahead of your enemies, three steps ahead of your friends!"